Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...maybe, because, just think... Barca was on a losing streak and was in big crisis until the 2nd leg game against Chelsea - then we kicked their asses bigtime!
Now it's just the same - players are concentrated for the match against Valencia and you'll see an even better performance than against Chelsea!
Barca-Valencia 5:0! - WOOHOOOO!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
YEAH RIGHT...

No offence,but I hope you got my point... :)

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
271 Posts
I hate to burst your bubble mate, but i think there is such a thing as being TOO positive. lol :)
Anyway actually, i'd rather we beat Rayo and lost to Valencia because i really thought that the league was our only hope for silverware this season.
Now i just think that we have no hope of any :(
But let's just hope that you're right, 5-0 has a good sound to it actually :)
Barca could do very well with Rangers' **** Advocaat as manager i think actually. He is much more disciplined than VG, but he also has a very attractive passing style of play without sacrificing common-sense.
But I'd be gutted to see him leave :(
Real tried to get him some months ago actually but he refused.

·
Registered
578 Posts
So we lost la liga and we've got a slight hope against Valencia.
These our some results in La liga before the big games in the CL:
Numancia - Barca 3-3
Arsenal - Barca 2-4
Depor - Barca 2-1
Fiorentina - Barca 3-3
Real M - Barca 3-0
Barca - Porto 4-2
Oviedo - Barca 3-0
Barca - Chelsea 5-1

so we just hope that your result will be right.

[This message has been edited by Amor (edited 07-05-2000).]

D

·
0 Posts
Yeah, let's really hope hard that Barca can waste Valencia 5-0 in Camp Nou, as if that will happen, anyone see Valencia destroy that other team 4-0?
League title ambitions can be flushed down the toilet, Derpotivo WON'T ANY of their last 3 matches.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
The statistics say it's possible...
But did it occur to you also that Barça first went 1-0 down in almost all CL matches before starting to play the game we do best, winning?

I

·
0 Posts
Barca's form under VG has shown that Barca's problem is 30% tactical and 70% mental. On both counts the coach is responsible...therefore he is not doing a good job. It's not difficult to make a team look good when things are well but the real test is to make the team tough when things aren't well and VG has failed miserably. How is it that one defeat can spark a run of defeats and one win can spark a run of victories in in just 3-4 weeks? The simple fact is the players don't want to play for him...the fans are against him and so are the public...when you have that, you are destined to fail. Add to that is the fact that his system is just not going to work in modern day football.4-4-2 is the name of the game these days...Barca have to follow suit.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I think Olys right on this one - the league was your last hope and it's gone. GONE. Period. And you guys wouldn't be so optimistic if you had seen Valencia play last night. World class is all i can say. But miracles do happen - but not twice.

I

·
0 Posts
Depor drew against Zaragoza...imagine if we had won yesterday....we'd have been top. But I suppose it was too much to ask for our "superstars" dig in a bit harder.

D

·
0 Posts
Barca have been thrown a life-line, thanks to Derpotivo's draw, Barca may still be within reach of clinching the title.
But the question is, can we expect Barca to take that life-line, after the performance against Rayo, I'd say it's unlikely.

V

·
0 Posts
5-0??? I don't think so. Anyway, 3-0 is all you need against Valencia.

FORZA JUVE

·
Registered
39 Posts
I totally agree with Iqbal - the main problems with Barca are mental not tactical. Lets face it how many Valencia players would get into the Barca team based on skill? None probably. As a team Valencia were superior because of their attitude and spirit. Van Gaal cannot seem to inspire his players.

On a different note: Barca have now lost 12 matches this season, Juventus have lost 4 and Manhester United lost 3. Is this a sign that the Spanish league is very strong and any team in the league can be beaten by any other team or is it a sign that the Spanish league is actually pretty weak? Any thoughts?

I

·
0 Posts
I think you can see it in 2 ways....one is that when Spanish teams are up for it in their heads, they are the best...which is why they are doing so well in the CL. But the problem with Spanish teams is attitude. Against smaller teams they can't be bothered.
Anyteam that wins the league this year can be considered rather substandard, esp if Depor win it (Arsenal thrashed them 5-1 at a time when the Gunners were in crisis). Usually when we talk about winning your home games and hoping to get something from your away games, we talk about avoiding relegation. But in Spain, that is a fomula to win the league itself!
Juve and Man Utd for instance, have the right attitude towards everygame...that is why they lose so few games. Chances are, if Depor win it, they will flop next year...that shows they are not a great side if they indeed fail next year. Barca and Real will not even make 5th place in England or Italy this year...not because lack of quality but because of lack of attitude. Man Utd, Arsenal, Juve, Lazio will always be there at the top of their leagues, gaining at least 75 points each.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts