·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cassano is better then all of englands youth players
baronio is bttter then gerrard
Zanchi better then all of englands young defenders
While pirlo is pirlo

why dont they get a chance at a big team??

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
i do not agree, players like King:))) are great
Gerrard is also very good, smith, lampard are worldclass and will surly play in the england team sometime...

they don't get a place cuz there is no place in a big team
because of the forgain players:(

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
If the most talanted Italian young players were in England they would start in every team on the island. I agree they are very skillful, but the fact is that the Italian teams want to buy expensive over rated players with the self confidence that they are super stars or whatever. In England it is not an easy job to work out a visa for working (although teams like Chelsea are shameful for England) and most of the teams prefer just to avoid the troubles from relieving that Visa and they turn to their youths. I think a similar thing should be considered in Italy as well to give more chance to players like those from the Italy U-21 who were victors of the European champ.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Pirri, England have the best youngster in the world. Joe Cole. I am not exagerating. Nuff said.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Baronio is no way better than Gerrard.As for Cassano,if we consider Owen a youngster he is not better either.

However,I have to say that in a REAL U-21 clash England would win.Fortunatel or unfortunately their best youngsters play at the senior team and the loses of Owen,Wright,Gerrard,Dyer,Heskey,Lambard is quite a big thing for the U-21 side...

Wright Vs Abbiati...Abbiati gets the nod but Wright is also a very good goallie.

Pirlo Vs Cole.Tie.And that is very flattering for Pirlo...

Gerrard Vs Baronio.Gerrard is more complete while Baronio is more creative.I would give the nod to Gerrard because he can do many different jobs in the field...both of them are great though.

Cassano Vs Owen.The first had half a good year in Seria A,the other is a proven international...no comparison here.Owen all the way.

Zanchi Vs Carragher.Zanchi looks to be better but Carragher is more experienced and can play many different positions.Zanchi by an inch.

Dyer,Harley and Lambard are great.So is Coco and the rest italians as well...

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Amo, actually there has been a REAL match between Italy and England a few weeks ago in the first round of the Under-21 European championship, and it ended Italy 2 England 0. Italy went on to win their 4th European title in the last 5 editions, by beating the Czech Republic 2-1 in the final.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Good point..That should anwser the question about Italy's youth v england's youth..

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
Amoruso you mentionedCole, but I've seen him a few times, and he's not done anything brilliant when I've seen him.
Pirlo is way better IMO, and should be compared to Lampard who is closer to him but can't score frees.

Give Cassano some time to be compared to Owen, but he is a better dribbler, header, and has better technique.

Compare Gerard to Gattuso and you'll find it difficult to seprate them IMO.

Plus Abbiati would be first choice for the English national team, and is way better than any English keeper at his age or any other age.

FORZA ITALIA.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Aquila,thats what I said in my earlier post.That had English gone on full strength on the U-21 tournament,MAYBE we would have a different result.

Compara Gerrard to Gattusso? Gerrard all the way....Gattusso cant pass,cant create and cant make game or control the ball.He has an exelent work rate and he is a great ball winner.But Gerrard is pure class...its like comparing Mattias Almeyda to Fernando Redondo,its easy to understand how much better Redondo is...

A

·
0 Posts
Owen is the most overrated player in the world !

Cassano for sure better tham him and in more 2-3 years you don't even think to do this compare I mean you all see that Owen is nothing and Cassano will be Italy future star.

And why you don't make compare between Haskey and Ventola or Comandini I just saw Haskey (and owen) in England shame in Euro2000 they are Suck! and Ventola and Comandini better than both of them!

I can't see any talents In england maybe just Kieron Dyer and Steven Gerard .

About Cole and Pirlo Cole is another kid that the Englands trying to put on him their hopes . So Pirlo (like we all saw in Euro Chmpionship U21 )

about Abbiati and Wright I never seen Wright but I know that Abbiati for my opinion one of the best Goalies in thw world

And about all the others the Seria A is much hard tha the Premier League so I sure that the Italian youngs that consider as average in Italy could be stras in England so if Michael Owen was playing in Italy he was just another average player like Spinesi , Kallon , Rigoni , Di Vaio and other strikersfrom this kind

·
Registered
13,143 Posts
I don't think you can blame Italy for winning 2-0 in U21 Euro champions just because England didn't play their best squad. Whose fault is that? Italy has won 3 of the last 4 Euro U21 championships. They directly and distinctly defeated England only a few weeks ago, and I might mention that Italy's team was not complete either. Zambrotta and Ambrosini were playing on sr team at the time.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I'm not saying its Italy's fault they won.I say that if England had their best players like Gerrard,Heskey,Owen,Dyer,Barry and Wright they MAY have won.Yes,Italy lost with Zambro and Ambrosini,I just think that we cant say who really is better because we dont see the English in full strngth (because their first team sucks so much so they need the youngsters)

·
Registered
708 Posts
amit, you forget that Cassano is what, 18? What was Owen doing when he was 18? Only scoring a wonder goal against argentina in the world cup and also have an Argentine defender foul him in the box for a penalty. He was also joint top scorer in the league the following season. And what has Cassano done? Well, nothing really. And how can you talk about Heskey when you can't even spell his name right. :)

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
lets say this in an easy way
italy has the best youth!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts