Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After Trappatoni's disastorous selection and strategies of the National team, italy's only hope in capturing a 4th world cup would be to scrap Trappatoni's 3-4-1-2 system and return to italys' traditional and successful system of 4-4-2. This line up is our only chance....
Toldo
Carnavaro Nesta Matarazzi Maldini

Zambrotta Tomassi Doni Cocco

Totti Vieri

P.S. Gattuso,DIlivio & Delvecchio should be out and Divaio, Fiori and Ambrosini should be in. As for Baggio, I agree that his conditioning and serious injuries this year was good enough reason to choose DelPiero.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What disastrous selection...up front and behind they are the best there is in the world...the midfield is lacking but there is a general dearth of talent there to choose from

Cheers,

Romulus

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i think it would be better to see totti swapped with doni, doni swapped with coco and play either DP or Montella upfront with vieri.

totti is a playmaker or attacking midfielder, not a striker.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yo CUG!! coco is a natural left footed back. although I'm not a big fan of his, I think he's an average player. Many of the better coaches have said that having an average left footed player on the left flank is better than having an exceptionally good right player on the flank, and I must agree. I think Doni would be more effective in a central position. Yes, I agree that Totti is an attacking midfielder as he is for ROMA, but I think putting him in a striker role behind Vieri would work! Totti is not as good a goal scorer as Baggio was but I think he's better than DelPiero. Also don't forget Doni's scoring ability behind Totti & Vieri.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Totti up there is more of a 4-4-1-1

think u like Zoff's idea of a 3-5-1-1

Pity, I dun think Doni will play along with Totti, behind or on the left. There is no one left if one is injured and/or off-form. There is no sub....pity again.....

ADP , it seems, rather wants the spotlight than to help the team. He Sux!!

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Guys, I am sure that Del Piero will show eveythig he got. He has been very unlucky lately, but I HAVE NO DOUBT THAT HE WILL SHOW A GREAT GAME in KOREA AND JAPAN.
FORZA ALEX!!
SHOW US EVERYTHING.

So, it would really lovely to see faces of Alex haters...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts