Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Italy will probably advance, but it's very unlikely they'll finish second because of GD. And finishing second means that they won't embarrass themselves by exiting the tournament before the knockout rounds but also that their WC dream is over. Instead of being in the same half of the brackets as Argentina and the Netherlands, they'll be on the one with Brazil, Germany, and France (not that I rate Holland, France or Argentina very highly).

A 3-5-2, which is ideal for this game IMO, is being rumored for Italy: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Darmian, Verratti, Pirlo, Marchisio, De Sciglio; Immobile, Balotelli. The Uruguayans said they'll be playing on the counter. Suarez is of course the biggest concern for Italy. Barzagli and Chiellini must stop Suarez before he gets to Bonucci, and Verratti needs to play a better tactical game than he did in the first game, otherwise that midfield might be too "lite."

Natal is another hot part of Brazil, and the game will be played in the afternoon. So, fitness again will play a crucial role.

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Pretty much a 1/16 of final between Italy and Uruguay. A draw would be enough for Italy though. But if the heat could have an important role, i would not risk it.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Natal can rhyme with Fatal. That is what I see for Italy today. Mortal Kombat = Fatality

·
Registered
17,498 Posts
Suarez to win it...europeans struggling in early hot weather games

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Uruguay : Muslera - Caceres, Gimenez, Godín, A.Pereira - Gonzalez, Arevalo Rios, C.Rodriguez, Lodeiro - Cavani, Suarez

Italy : Buffon - Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini - Darmian, Marchisio, Pirlo, Verratti, De Sciglio - Balotelli, Immobile

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Humidity surely is an issue in many places, but Latin American teams don't really have more players that play frequently on hot summer games than Europeans. In fact I would not be surprised if average temperatures where higher on Geemany and South Africa than in Brazil.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Barzagli needs to be careful and clear the ball at the first chance. Already got caught twice.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Italy has 8 players from Turin clubs in the starting lineup today...pretty strange.
Why is that strange? Juventus is the best club in Italy and Torino will play in the Europa league next season.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts