Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 306 Posts

·
Registered
25,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We meet our executioner. The team we have always struggled against the most. Will our modern team be able to keep up? Will we change our karma?

·
Registered
16,598 Posts
This game is Catenaccio vs Catenaccio. It will be hard for Italy to play vs a team like ours, specially now that they need the 3 points. However, they usually need few chances to score(something that clearly didn´t happen yesterday). I´m certain that Piturca won´t change anything except a few names to refresh the team. I do hope that at least we try to make better counters cause eventually we are gonna receive a goal.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I never understand the mentality of already saying the other team owns you.

It's already starting you off in a negative mindset and giving them the edge. Let's just hope the player's sake nobody speaks like this around them. Although I know some dumbass reporters will bring it up.

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
This game is Catenaccio vs Catenaccio. It will be hard for Italy to play vs a team like ours, specially now that they need the 3 points. However, they usually need few chances to score(something that clearly didn´t happen yesterday). I´m certain that Piturca won´t change anything except a few names to refresh the team. I do hope that at least we try to make better counters cause eventually we are gonna receive a goal.
I hope this won't be the case... we might be able to get through with another performance such as the one against France but realistically we have to be more attack-orientated for this one... Marica and Mutu can give us the necessary edge to score goals against them as Mutu tore serie a apart and Marica is the type of player italian players hate to play against

plus yeah italy needs to win but Piturca would be a fool to play for the 0:0 as we should try to get our tickets asap... the dutch looked invincible and Italy vulnerable especially at the back... if we are too cautious it will bite us in the ass

I never understand the mentality of already saying the other team owns you.

It's already starting you off in a negative mindset and giving them the edge. Let's just hope the player's sake nobody speaks like this around them. Although I know some dumbass reporters will bring it up.
you're absolutely right but I'm sure the players are well aware of Romania's history against Italy

but one should consider that everytime we face them its 2 completely different teams with players of different quality... the results of the past should have no influence on the team of today

·
Registered
25,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Two things tell me that we won't play like we played against France: the fact that Piturca said before the start of the Euro that we'll play differently against the Italians and also the general idea from the Romanian camp and from Romania that we should be more offensive.

·
Registered
69,978 Posts
I think we need to change something for this game. I have the feeling that we´ll lose if we play like in the game vs France. Piturca can play with 3 DMs + Dica in midfield, with Mutu and other striker in attack. He hasn´t to renounce the 3 DMs to play with Dica.

Man if we can win this game and France lose with Holland we´ll be almost almost qualified.

·
Registered
9,207 Posts
i would go with this line up:

Lobont

Contra - Tamas - Goian - Rat

Codrea/Cocis - Radoi - Chivu

Dica - Mutu

Marica (M.Niculae if he can't play)

really don't know if we should start with Codrea or Cocis...i have a feeling that Codrea is a better choice for this game. looking at the line up i realise even more how much we miss a player like Ghioane.

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
We don't need Cocis and Nicolita at the same time for this game. I think we can win with this lineup:

Lobont - Contra, Tamas, Goian, Rat - Nicolita Radoi Chivu - Dica, Mutu - Marica

Italy's defence is weakened and I think we can easily take it apart with some creativity. The Dutch have a horrible defence if we look at it and they weren't scared to run at them. The Italians are mad and they are starting to boil already. Before they were very cautious against us, now they are saying its 3 points for sure. We need to speculate this because we have them bent over and well lubricated for penetration.

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
We don't need Cocis and Nicolita at the same time for this game. I think we can win with this lineup:

Lobont - Contra, Tamas, Goian, Rat - Nicolita Radoi Chivu - Dica, Mutu - Marica

Italy's defence is weakened and I think we can easily take it apart with some creativity. The Dutch have a horrible defence if we look at it and they weren't scared to run at them. The Italians are mad and they are starting to boil already. Before they were very cautious against us, now they are saying its 3 points for sure. We need to speculate this because we have them bent over and well lubricated for penetration.
the problem with your line up is the pace of Dica... he's better with a free role and always played more in the center or left side... fielding him only makes sense when Marica and Mutu are in the line up

oh and the dutch have quick defenders, they could push forward and didn't have to worry about counter attacks because Toni is slow and Di Natale + Camoranesi didn't cope well with the pressure of the Dms (Engelaar and De Jong)

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
They have quick defenders, but they are classes behind Tamas and Goian.

Btw, Marica is fine, false alarm. (Prosport)

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
They have quick defenders, but they are classes behind Tamas and Goian.

Btw, Marica is fine, false alarm. (Prosport)
they are different types of defenders... Goian and Tamas are more likely to get exposed in a counter attack than the dutch defenders where as the dutch aren't solid when it comes to high balls

great job by Van Basten really...

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
No Cocis please! He is a liability in these heavyweight games. He lost the ball too many times against France.

Attacking options should be available as you guys have mentioned. Tunarul your lineup is 100%. PMC, Dica can still have a free role in that position. Dica can also go up and assist the attack if Marica/Nicolita are on the right wing.

The Italians will be desperate and we need to use that to our advantage.

----------------------Lobont----------------------
-Contra------Tamas-----------Goian---------Rat---
-------Dica------Radoi (Codrea)----------Chivu-----
---Nicolita----------Marica (Daniel)---Mutu---------

Daniel and Codrea for the second half. Long ball from Codrea, pace from Niculae. There will be gaps to exploit if the score is still 0-0.

Judging by yesterdays game only our defence is 10 times better than the Italians.

HAI ROMANIA!!

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
No Cocis please! He is a liability in these heavyweight games. He lost the ball too many times against France.

Attacking options should be available as you guys have mentioned. Tunarul your lineup is 100%. PMC, Dica can still have a free role in that position. Dica can also go up and assist the attack if Marica/Nicolita are on the right wing.

The Italians will be desperate and we need to use that to our advantage.

----------------------Lobont----------------------
-Contra------Tamas-----------Goian---------Rat---
-------Dica------Radoi (Codrea)----------Chivu-----
---Nicolita----------Marica (Daniel)---Mutu---------

Daniel and Codrea for the second half. Long ball from Codrea, pace from Niculae. There will be gaps to exploit if the score is still 0-0.

Judging by yesterdays game only our defence is 10 times better than the Italians.

HAI ROMANIA!!

naive way to look at it, man... our defence was 10 times better because they actually didn't have to move out of position... the italians were caught off guard with that dubious 1st goal and then conceded in counter attacks... our Cbs aren't exactly Cordoba either

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
BTW, the Dutch first goal was 100% valid. I know it looked miles offside but nobody saw Pannuci on the ground behind the goal line. In football, a player is considered on the field unless he is allowed to leave by the referee. In this case, he was considered right on the goal line, so an offside was impossible.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
yea cuz panucci was pushed out of the field by his own keeper well fell out during play so he is still considered part of play. The italians can't complain one bit, amazing display by the dutch.

1 - 20 of 306 Posts