Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best line-up for italy in your opinion and who do you think should replace zambrotta?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Toldo
Cannavoro
Nesta
Maldini

Di Livio replacement for Zambrotta
Di Biagio
Albertini
Fiore

Inzaghi
Totti

That's what I think Zoff will go with.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
I think will do what cmdg3232 said. But I would play Del Piero on the right. He really impressed me playing there against Holland.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
The Line-Up

Excellent Team selection cdm3232etc but even as a moderator I'd still have to disagree with you and have 11 players in my starting line-up instead of your 10.

Toldo

Cannavaro
Nesta
Maldini - if he's fit if not we're stuck with Iuliano

Di Livio
Di Biagio
Albertini
Fiori

Totti

Del Piero
Del Vecchio / Montella*

I reckon my team is a little too attacive - Iuliano will probably play. i like him at juve but hes been dissapointing

* my choice but Zoff will pick either inzaghi or del vecchio

·
Registered
415 Posts
If I had to bet I'd say Zoff will put Pessotto in for Zambrotta. I'd personally rather Di Livio play, but that's merely personal preference :). France will be much harder than Holland, simply because with Zidane they have a means to break through even our great defence of Nesta, Cannavaro, and Maldini. And with France's great defence, our counter-attacks must be executed to perfection for a goal to come from them. Zoff has said he's not altering the plan to account for Zidane, and I'm not sure if that'll be a mistake or a good thing. Italy and France are my two favorite sides in the tournament, but of course, FORZA AZZURI! :). I think Italy's best chance to win would be to keep it at a draw, and put in Del Piero (or Totti, depending on who starts) along with Del Vecchio or Montella (of course Zoff would choose Del Vecchio) late in the game. And in extra-time use those fresh players to unhinge the French defense to score a quick goal on a break-away like Del Vecchio almost did against Holland. Because unless the French defense has a bad game (which it pretty much never does) the only real goal-scoring chances will probably come very late in the game. It's a bit of a gamble though... Can we hold the French offensive for that long? We'll see. It's gonna be a nailbiter, I'm thinking.

FORZA AZZURI

1 - 6 of 6 Posts