Xtratime Community banner

Italy vs England???

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  cmdg3232 
G
#1 ·
All England have to do against the lowly Romanians is draw and that would probably put them through as runner up. But if Germany wins and all England can do is draw with Romania then it would come down to goal dif. All in all I think that England is going to take the second spot which would set them up for a semi-final with Italy....GULP. I mean don't get me wrong, I believe Italy can beat England.Italy beat both Turkey and Belgium, and have yet to play Sweden. But these are the weakest teams in the Tournamant. And if they have to play England it's going to come like a shock which Italy may not be prepared for. England is a mad dog team which can control the air, average height is like 6 feet tall. They shoot from everywhere, ex Paul Scholes. I think Italys best bet is play the counter attack and keep the defence tight. Yes England are a very offensive threat, but when they play like this they are vulnerable. The exact oppostion Italys catenaccio is formulated for. Italy would win this game. Whats your predictions??

#3 ·
I believe if Italy play England, it will go to penalties, if England defend like they did against Germany, and Italy persist with Inzaghi then it will be a goalless draw, unless England can break Italy's defense(which seems unlikely). To beat England Italy should take out inzaghi and put in another striker. Zoff should try out Montella against Sweden, if he does well, he should play England(if they qualify). England dominated Italy in midfield with Beckham, Scholes. While Italy dont have a good midfield apart from Fiore. Others are Ok. My prediction is a draw and penalties. Penalties are bogey to both, both lost at penalties in WOrld Cups , Euro 96 etc..

G
#4 ·
Germany need a victory for sure to stand any chacne of qualifying from Group A. England 0-0 Romania, Germany 1-0 Portugal, not enough, equal points, but Germany still go out on goal differential. I'm not a big fan of the English team, so it hurts to say that England will probably defeat Romania, who were awful against Portugal, and I can't see the Germans defeating Portugal when theyr'e both in this sort of form. It's going to take a title contender to beat Portugal, and there are none in Group A. And Germany are just awful up-front without Bierhoff, Jancker was a hopeless replacement, and leaving Hassler on the bench was just plain stupid from Ribbeck. Germany has a terrible coach, I think they'll go out in the first round, I hope not, since I'm not a fan of England.

England were outplayed by the un-adequate German team for almost the whole match, they had only 2 goal-scoring chances, they converted one. Italy has looked stunning in the last 2 matches, except some more of their chances should be converted into goals, and they should not have let Belgium control the match so much.
But should Italy meet England, what is most likely, Italy will definitely win, I'm hoping of course it will be a drubbing, but I don't think we'll see scored higher than 3-0 in this tournament, but that would be a nice enough scoreline to send the English home in embarrasment.

#7 ·
Shearer was in the right play at the right time to score against Germany..
Other wise it should have ended in a draw :""Germany missed a few:"""
Italy V-england i would take that instead of Romania..Like Flarg said they can be creative..
Romania got beat by portugal is the last seconds...Romania played well.
It is still possible for england not to make it if they loose..

Other than italy a top of Group B and France and Holland both in their group...Everyone else is still up in the air..
ONE never knows..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.