Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 457 Posts

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is basically a must win match and one that if we dont win, could mean 2nd place or worst. We have won 3 and lost 1 in our qualification campaign so far but we still have to travel to Scotland, Belarus and Norway which is tough.

The match will hopefully be in front of 80,000 at the San Siro and should be a fantastic occasion... my squad may change before the match but at the mo I hope it is...

Buffon (Juve), De Sanctis (Udinese)

Zaccardo (Palermo), Bonera (Parma), Nesta (Milan), Cannavaro (Juventus), Falcone (Sampdoria), Bazagli (Palermo), Grosso (Palermo), Tonetto (Sampdoria)

De Rossi (Roma), Gattuso (Milan), Pirlo (Milan), Barone (Palermo), Zanetti (Inter), Camoranesi (Juventus), Esposito (Cagliari)

Totti (Roma), Cassano (Roma), Gilardino (Parma), Montella (Roma), Vieri (Inter)

Next players incase of injury

Pelizzoli (Roma)
Chiellini (Fiorentina)
Materazzi (Inter)
Volpi (Sampdoria)
Langella (Cagliari)
Toni (Palermo)

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tonetto because he is quite experienced and has been one of the best players in a team which is third in serie A.

Zambrotta is suspended so Grosso to play LB for me.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
smash the sweaties and make the whole of England happy. :thmbup:

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Deano said:
Buffon (Juve), De Sanctis (Udinese)

Zaccardo (Palermo), Bonera (Parma), Nesta (Milan), Cannavaro (Juventus), Falcone (Sampdoria), Bazagli (Palermo), Grosso (Palermo), Tonetto (Sampdoria)

De Rossi (Roma), Gattuso (Milan), Pirlo (Milan), Barone (Palermo), Zanetti (Inter), Camoranesi (Juventus), Esposito (Cagliari)

Totti (Roma), Cassano (Roma), Gilardino (Parma), Montella (Roma), Vieri (Inter)

Next players incase of injury

Pelizzoli (Roma)
Chiellini (Fiorentina)
Materazzi (Inter)
Volpi (Sampdoria)
Langella (Cagliari)
Toni (Palermo)
If you have two target men, Gilardino and Montella, why would you take Vieri and Toni ahead of Miccoli? :confused:
Cardone, Cassetti, Parisi and Marchionni deserve a chance imo.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
smash the sweaties and make the whole of England happy. :thmbup:

Lol, hopefully we'll do to the Scots what we did to the Welsh at the San Siro.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cardone, Cassetti, Parisi and Marchionni

Cardone deserves a chance ahead of Falcone when hes only returned recently from injury?

Cassetti may deserve a chance but I want some consistency in this squad

Parisi does not deserve more of a chance than the current Grosso and Tonetto even if all of them are pretty even.

Marchionni is questionable. Esposito must be called IMO while Camoranesi is still Juve's best attacking player so far this season. Marchionni has played well recently but he would be called only if one of them are injured IMO.

I would take Vieri and Toni ahead of Miccoli simply because Cassano and Totti are the number 10's and Vieri and Toni can be more effective than Miccoli in the Italy system.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
without zambrotta, maybe chiellini can a chance??

i hope to see the roma trident upfront...and de rossi with gattuso and pirlo in midfield. After that, i really dont care. Zaccardo would be better than bonera in my opinion.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After seeing De Rossi today I hope he is on the bench and that Barone starts. Also Chiellini isnt in the best form and playing him would be dodgy. I think Grosso, Tonetto, Parisi and even Favalli are currently better players anyway. Chiellini should play for the U21 at least in the next match. Hes a great prospect but he is still young and he is not in form so should maybe not start when in such form.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Wilyely_JP6 said:
And Del Piero?
KEEP HIM HOME FOR GOD'S SAKE!!
I'd give Miccoli the call instead of vieri! Taking in mind the starters infront would be Totti-Cassano-Gilardino!!

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
IMHO Vieri's the type of player who can come on and make an impact where as Miccoli maybe a player who needs the start the match to make an impact.

If its 0-0 its better to brin on a number 9 who will put his weight about wudnt you agree?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
it depends a lot on the game. if we're making some chances and not taking them, then throw in Vieri, but if nothings going on maybe Miccoli could give us more, especially now that Vieri is getting too old to make lots of runs to open up spaces for the other blokes. Form and fitness are more important than ever with Bobo now too, if he can't get a game at Inter anymore, then he probably won't make an impact for Italy either. Miccoli gives the impression that he's more likely to pull something out of nowhere, even if he's invisible sometimes. in any case though right now they're both useful options.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Deano said:
IMHO Vieri's the type of player who can come on and make an impact where as Miccoli maybe a player who needs the start the match to make an impact.

If its 0-0 its better to brin on a number 9 who will put his weight about wudnt you agree?

I agree. Vieri is the guy who one pass he can change the game. While other players need to get into the flow of the game. Vieri can be a Super Sub for Italia. He's dangerous on set pieces still.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I would start Gilardino and Cassano up top for this match. Those two have scored some nice goals over the weekend and might be hitting a patch of good form. In the midfield I would start Totti, Pirlo, Gattuso and Camoranesi as they all seem to be playing well lately, especially Camo and Pirlo. In defense I would favor Tonetto over Grosso because he would add a bit more to the attack IMO. Not sure about the right-back slot because Zaccardo has not impressed me lately, however there are not many other options. Bonera has not looked very good in the past few weeks either, so maybe good old Fabio could fill in at RB.

Buffon

Cannavaro - Nesta - Falcone - Tonetto

Camoranesi - Pirlo - Gattuso

Totti

Gilardino - Cassano

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Haha I was playing CM and I won the World Cup in 06 with this formation and team

---------------------------------Pelizzoli-----------------------------
-----Bonera-------Nesta--------Cannavaro-----------------Zambrotta-
-----------------------De Rossi---------Cristiano Zanetti-------------
------------Miccoli------------Totti---------Esposito--------------
---------------------------Flachi-----------------------------------

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Was Robert Hoyzer in charge of all the matches? :D

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Well i wanted to originally use buffon but he was injured....and i also wanted to use cassano and he got injured too....and up front vieri retired and gilardino always missed shots..di vaio was inconsistent, miccoli didn't fit up front, and everyone else couldn't score...so i put in flachi....

also i got rid of del piero when i reazlied all he was was a name and nothing else

1 - 20 of 457 Posts