Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK big game coming up, only a friendly so not that important, but it would be nice to get one over the Brazilians before the Confed. Cup.

My squad would be:

Buffon, Amelia

Zambrotta, Bonera, Cannavaro, Chiellini, Gamberini, Legrottaglie, Grosso, Moretti

De Rossi, Brighi, Pirlo, Aquilani, Montolivo, Maggio

G. Rossi, Cassano, Toni, Gilardino, Amauri? or Iaquinta, Di Natale

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
buffon
zamb canna chiellini grosso
aquilani pirlo de rossi
cassano
toni rossi

based on the above squad.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
We could either see Chiellini & Amauri or Chiellini vs. Amauri... or none. Would be interesting to see that battle though.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
I wouldn't bother with Cassano. I think he is over-rated to say the least. He is a good player - thats all - and the fact that he has psychological problems means I wouldn't call him up.

How about:

--------------------Buffon--------------------

De Ceglie----Legrottaglie----Chiellini----Molinaro

Camoranesi---Marchisio---C. Zanetti---Giovinco

-------Amauri/Iaquinta------Del Piero----------

All Juve XI. At least you know the team will gel together. :)

·
Registered
46,764 Posts
I was thinking about something like

------------------------Artur--------------------

Campagnaro---Talamonti---Silvestre----Felipe

Camoranesi---Ledesma I---Ledesma II---Forestieri

----------------Amauri--------Jeda----------

there should be an Italian ancestor available for each one and if there is not we find him anyway

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
He is going to be called up by Brazil eventually. They can't keep ignoring his performances while they keep selecting Adriano.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
He is going to be called up by Brazil eventually. They can't keep ignoring his performances while they keep selecting Adriano.

Ridiculous, really :rolleyes:

Good thing he doesn't have his passport yet because even though Lippi previously said something along the lines of ''We dont need naturalized players'' (when asked if he would call up Ledesma) I am afraid he would be a hypocrite and call up Amauri.........hope I'm wrong though

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
You are calling the world cup winner, Lippi an idiot? That was an idiotic statement.
Zaccardo is a world cup winner too but he is also an idiot.

I dont like Lippi the man, but as a coach he is top 3. But he was nothing but a kunt while at Inter + he destroyed Baggio and is doing his best for Cassano too. Now while he could say he had someone that was close to Baggio at that time, we have no one close to Cassano at the moment but he still prefers to call Iaquinta, Quagliarella and others hacks instead of him.

·
Administrator
53,211 Posts
Still uncalled for to call him an idiot my man, disagree with some of his biased decisions (not a fan of his thing with Baggio either), but bit too strong to judge him an idiot.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
Still uncalled for to call him an idiot my man, disagree with some of his biased decisions (not a fan of his thing with Baggio either), but bit too strong to judge him an idiot.
sent Bergomi and Pagliuca away from Inter, done nothing at all for us and ruined the career of one my footballing heroes.....idiot is the least I could call him :smileani:

1 - 20 of 172 Posts