Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shame...I was once again disgused by the same phenomenon we have been witnesing in Seria A the whole year..Fillipo Inzaghi taking a great dive and the ref blowing a penalty...shame!

Toldo-Insecure and was on fault for Turkey's goal.

Maldini-Good game from the captain,especially when he replaced Pessotto at the left wing.

Nesta-Exelent,he didnt let Sukur breath during the whole game.

Cannavaro-Rock.Didnt put a foot wrong during the wholke match.

Zambrotta-He had a good game although he lost many battles from,arguably,the worst player Turkey had in the pitch (Abdullah)

Fiore-Very nice passing,good corners and crosses but he wasnt really good.The guy is pure class however and needs to get more freedom.

Conte-Man of the match for Italy.So much passion in him and an exelent goal.He was running all the time.I certainly didnt expect such a performance from Conte...

Albertini-Did he really play? invisible and lazy.He made a few good passes but generally,he played or not would make no difference.

Pessotto-He gave many battles,and lost almost every single one of them.He couldnt give a right pass.Fortunately he was injured and Maldini switched to his position...

Totti-The guy is simply not a forward,and he proved it one more time.When will Zoff understand this?

Inzaghi-He was running all the time.An average forward would have scored at least two of the 5 ridiculus easy chances he missed...he once again demostrated his besat skill,diving...

SUBS

Del Piero-He came in apparenlty furius for staying on the bench and played good.He had several good moves and lost two chances he created.However,he should pass the ball more...

Iuliano-Very good performance.He came in at the place of Maldini (who moved at midfield) and nothing changed.

Di Livio-Didnt play much but he proved why a player like him is much more useful than players like Albertini,he was at least TRYING!

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
What a disater!! Apdullah, i dont even know what he is doing in the national team. The coach has galatasary complex and will coach fener net season so he made the worst line up possible.I havent seen turkey play so bad!

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Also, it was definitely not a penalty!! Ref blew it asll the way!! Howevr, italy deserved the 3 points!

·
Registered
392 Posts
overall pleased....

with the performance today,Italy started off as mad dogs and i didn't really expect that..and it was quite refreshing.
Amoroso,i think me and you saw the same match and agree with you.I think there are still some things to sort out.
Pessoto,take him out.The only way i see this guy playing is if he needs to shut down an offensive player on his side,then i think he's a perfect solution.But not when the player is inferior,and with an offensive player there we could do some serious damage.I don't mind seeing Di Livio there like i've said before of even pushing Maldini up and putting in another defenceman.
With Totti i agree with,he's not as effective.But he was the only player setting Inzaghi up with verticalization on his passes which makes him so effective.
I think pulling Albertini out and Del Piero in with Totti behind is logical.Del Piero offers another dimension of taking players on that Totti and Inzaghi don't.
Inzaghi today for me seemed a step too slow on his finishing,it seemed like forever just for him to wind up a shot,although he does create good space and smart runs.
However,saying this Zoff will more likely not move a thing and continue like this,hopefully he won't realize his mistakes before there tooo late!

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
I am telling you. Italy is ONE DEAD TEAM!! and i mean it. You played against a vewry weak turkish side today. that line up is not even close to how it should be. it amazed everyone in turkey how it was. Anyways, i ll ask yu one thing. What are you gonna do against stronger teams?
WEe could have beaten you with our normal line up and from what i saw from belgium and swenden game, they both played better than we did.
This was the game with the lowest quality of football so far!

·
International
8,545 Posts
I don't think Italy is dead when we play big teams. The score could have easily been 5-1. Inzaghi may have dived to get a penalty, but that doesn't change the fact that Italy deserved to win. It wasn't the best game from Italy either, and we can surely do better.

G

·
Wrong

Carlito I would have to agree with Ivo. Italy generated many opportunities and controlled the ball well. Unfortunatley we couldn't capitalize on most of them due to Inzaghi.Carlito also remember Italy have an infamous reputation for be slow starters in major tournaments. Ex World Cup 94. But I would think todays display against Turkey is far from a slow start.Personally I think they played well they just have to work out a few bugs, thats the Italian style. Carlito don't worry Inzaghi will get better.

ITALIA! ITALIA! ITALIA!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Italy didmt miss the chances because of bad luck.They missed it because Inzaghi couldnt score to save his soul.I was for once supporting that looser and I went mad at him...is it possible to put a header THAT wide ALONE as he did with Fiore's cross in the first half? how the hell did he manage to hit the Turkish defender when he had the whole net to score?

I agree on everything Lupo,I'm not questioning Totti's value,but as a forward I dont think he is good enough because its not his natural position!

Carlito,please...you KNOW Turkey played great and apart from Abdullah,#11 and Sergen the rest were really good.Especially #5,#2,Umit and Okan...I was surprised not to see Tugay and Izzet in the line up however....

·
Registered
392 Posts
Lets not forget.........

that 5 minutes before this game started Turkey were a surprise team that could have made a run,and still might and are coming off a Uefa cup championship.
As italian supporters we should be pleased,with the team under huge pressure to get a result,and maybe even the hearts of fans still thinking about the under21 triumph,this italian team came to play and came to win.
Carlito,
many italian fans think that this should not be the lineup that should start as some players look out of sorts ie. Totti not playing in his natural position.
I ask you this question....
Do you think Zoff will keep the starting line-up the same??

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
I am dissapointed to see Del Piero on bench. Albertini should be on bench with Fiore taking his position. Totti should be behind Del Piero and Inzaghi. If we had Vieri to partner Del Piero, we would be favourites to win. I think Maldini should play down the left and Iuliano as a centre back. Conte played great along with Nesta and Cannavaro. Toldo? Well he is good but today wasn't his best. Peruzzi and Buffon are safer. I think we can go places but it is the coaches decision, he must play the correct players.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Pippo Inzaghi OUT !

This guy cannot dribble.

This guy cannot shoot (apart from 5 m in front of goal...when he is in good form)

This guy does not have any physical strength and balance.

This guy is not and never a team player.

This guy cannot head.

This guy cannot create.

This guy does not inspire.

There are guys on the bench who are in the eyes of mine and many others better than him. Montella ? S. Inzaghi ? Del Piero ?

They all offer more than what Pippo does, why not use them ?

[Edited by Zidanely on 13-06-2000 at 06:43]

·
Registered
160 Posts
When will Zoff learn? Totti is not playing in his natural position and I don't understand why Zoff is forcing the issue. Del Piero is much more effective in the striker's position with Totti in behind. Unfortunately, this may not leave room in the line-up for Fiore. Also, I believe Zoff should start Montella instead of Inzaghi. Inzaghi should have had about four goals today. If we fail to capitalize on our chances it is going to catch up with us sooner or later. Also, I don't think anyone would argue that Pessotto is totally useless (along with Albertini). Conte was by far our best player, Del Piero will play better (if given a chance), and Toldo will show what he is made of. For the first time in a while, our midfield controlled the game!
My prediction: Italy 2 Belgium 0.

G

·
Italy almost made more attacks in the first 15 minutes than during their entire qualifying campaign but the first real chance fell to the Turks, Sergen turning
inside Albertini and Cannavaro before shooting wide. Inzaghi wasted a beautiful Fiore cross.

A dreadful mistake gave Italy the opening goal, Fiore crossed to Inzaghi who fired a shot into the box, Alpay stupidly tried to flick the ball clear
but only got as far as Conte who sent an overhead kick past Rustu. Totti headed Albertini's cross against the post, Inzaghi's weak follow up was cleared off the line by Ogun. Toldo completely missed Sergen's free kick
and Okan, who is marginally bigger than a garden gnome, headed into an empty net. Inzaghi blew another chance created by Fiore, Rustu got a touch
but Ogun cleared off the line. Inzaghi dived in the box, the inept Premiership referee Hugh Dallas, all Premiership referees are inept, bought it and Inzaghi smashed the ball past Rustu. Del Piero came on for the impressive
Fiore and raised Italy's game another level, his free kick crashed off the underside of the crossbar, he destroyed Tayfur with a dummy but shot over
the bar and then had a shot cleared off the line. Di Livio had a goal disallowed when stupidly running offside as Italy had Turkey outnumbered in attack.

Penalty aside Italy were far superior to the Turks who passed the ball well but they failed to create decent goalscoring chances. Football is a cruel
game, it denies us players like Ronaldo and Vieri while cheating bastards like Inzaghi are rarely injured. If he breaks a leg it will be too soon.

Man of the Match : Fiore (Italy) - Carved out several chances, didn't show his explosive finishing. There's a lot more to come from him.

·
Registered
13,208 Posts
I'm really happy to come away with three points from this game, because as Bolian points out, we only get better as tournaments progress. Lord knows, our finishing couldn't be any worse. Here's my look at the players and the game.
Italia, led by Fiore and Totti, started out in ripping form for the first 20 mins. The ball movement was very fluid and players were filling spaces nicely. Italia produced 7 corners in the game's first 14 mins., 2 of which were easy goal scoring opportunities blown by Conte and Inzaghi. Inzaghi missed about 3 goals today that most strikers in the world make, and another 3 that some strikers would make. However, both he and especially Conte
redeemed themselves with second half goals, although I admit Inzaghi's pk call was highly speculative.
The latter part of the second half wasn't really dominated by anybody, although the Turks seemed to grow in confidence. After the half they had the run of play until Conte made a brillant, acrobatic bicycle-esque goal created largely by Capt. Cool. Fiore up and including until he was subbed in, played brillantly, as did his substitute, Del Piero. I would like to say them both on the pitch, but not at the loss of Totti. I think all three can fit,
and will be required in the second round.
Toldo did indeed come out, and Okan's goal was a direct result of his error. It spoiled an otherwise decent afternoon. Italy looked absolutely non-existent, dreadful on the wings with Pathetico Pessotto and the new crybaby, Zambrotta. All their force came from the middle play of Fiore and Totti and Conte, and yes, occasionally Albertini. Again, the problem remained: the ball got to Inzaghi and stopped there, partially because of no one being there
to accompany him, partly because of his new found lameness. This guy is bad, I mean baaaad.
I'm really looking forward to Belgium. The Azzurri hit the crossbar or post 3 times today, and the Turks were forced to clear the ball of the line 3 other times. This doesn't even count DiLivio's goal in the end. DiLivio should start on the wing, he's better than Pessotto and Zambrotta right now. Great form I guess.
Grades:

Toldo: 8
Maldini: 8.5. Foolish foul that led to Turkey goal.
Cannavaro: 8.7. Strong, high-tech performance.
Nesta: 9. Class, helped shut down Sukur.
Pessotto: 5. Just kick the ball up into the sky....
Conte: 8.8. Great, great goal got us on board, nice hustle, but some whiffs.
Fiore: 9.5. When in action, Capt. Cool shines. Made our midfield competitive.
Albertini: 8.5. Better than I thought.
Zambrotta: 6.8. Taking crying lessons from Inzaghi.
Inzaghi: 5.5. Weak performance. Shouldn't be starting.
Totti: 8.5. Inconsistent but still omni-present and a worry for the Turkish D.
subs
Del Piero: 9. Nice. Stylish. Surprising.
Iuliano: 8.5. Like idea of him over Pessotto and an active Maldini.
DiLivio: 8.9. Credit where it's due.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Come on man, Albertini wasnt useless, I thought he played quite well, he made two assists which could have resulted in clear goals if not for Totti and Inzaghi, he was OK, dont bash him, after a midseason slump, he is back and he will give Italy a whole lot more, the only change i want to see is Inzaghi and Totti out Del Piero and Montella in

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
AMOROSO,
if u think turkey hasn5t played so bad, then it means u have mnever seen turkey play in your life cuz turkey plays much much much better than this.

U have no idea how mad turks are against their coach. Papers almost cursed him yesterday and today. All the tvs have been crtiticizing him for the line up and subs. he was incredible.

First, he kept Apdullah in the game!!for 90 min. Hakan Unsal, best left winger in the past decade in Turkey, was sitting on the bench. If he ha a problem with him, then put ergun who is sub of hakan in gala and plays much better than Apo.

Second, he put Tayfur instead of Suat from gala who is best in that position, defensive midfield.

Third, he put okan in center midfield!! Okan i a rigth wingewr and has always been one. He is the best there and has nebver played center midfield in his life! But somehow he managed to put him there. And he put umit in place of him but Umit is the one who plays good in midfield, he is not for right wing!!!

He put sergen who hasnt practiced since 2 months. That guy loves night clubs more than his mom! and he was kicked out of gala because of discipline problems.!! But do u know what denizli said?? "i will play him even if he doesnt practice for 1 year!!"

He didnt play arif next to hakan sukur. arif is in the peak o his form and has been a partner of hakan since 8 years in gala. Hakan was all alone by himself in forward. they couldnr get a single ball to him to create positions!!

Last, he didnt play Muzzy at all!!

AS IF THSES MISTAKES ARE NOT ENOUGH FOR HIM, Then he subs Okan ,midfield, with ergun who is a defensive left winger!! in the last 10 min when we are losing!!

and he subs sergen who starts to play and create some things with arif. Why not Apo or somone else????

I swear someone will kick his ass in turkey when he comes back!! with that guy, we are one bull**** team!!:(:(:(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts