Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Italy face French tussle Friday 10 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italy and France are set to make bids to host the European Championships in the summer of 2012.

The Italian Football Federation have recently admitted that they will make an offer if they receive enough government backing.

While reports in France on Friday claim that the French Football Association are pondering whether to submit a rival bid for the tournament.

All proposals for the 2012 event must be submitted to UEFA by 31 January 2005, even if a decision won’t be made until December 2006.

Italy last hosted the European Championships in 1980 and they organised the World Cup a decade later.

France, who staged the 1998 World Cup, last played host to the European Championships in 1984. They won both trophies.

channel4

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Looks like Italy has some competition from Greece, and a joint bid from Poland and Ukraine

from what i heard France has dropped out.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I think Greece and Italy will have the best chance of hosting it. I am afraid of Greece because after winning euro 2004 they have a big chance of getting it.

Will new stadiums be built? Or will they do with what they got?

Olimpico
San Siro
Delle Alpi
San Nicola
Stadio Comunale (ssuming its been re-built)
San Paolo (Napoli)
La Favorita
Renato Dall'Ara
Stadio Friuli
Stadio Luigi Ferraris
Stadio Via Del Mare
Stadio Sant Elia
San Filippo
Artemio Franchi
Marc'Antonio Benteghodi

We have 15 very good stadiums, so I guess 10 would be used... which ones would they be if we were succesful?

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
Most of the stadiums will be renovated, that's the plan. Greece is also a very good option for ME :) but I prefer Italy of course. Of course, Euro 2012 is not as interesting, because I think Alex might not make it there though he'll only be 38 :mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts