Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As ROMA equalled an all-time Serie A record of 10 consecutive victories acheived in the distant past by Milan,juve and bologna,they suffered a major set back as their captain was stretchered off after 10 minutes.He was rushed to Villa Stuart where the medics say he has fractured his left ankle,and could be out for 2 months.This is the first diagnosis.The injury occurred as he was tackled by Vanigli who was booked for the incident.Although,it was probably caused by his momentum carrying him forward although his left boot was gripped to the turf.This must be a worry for Lippi too as he was showing some of his best form recently and was linking well with Toni.Certainly,he needed a rest as his ankles were swollen and bruised,therefore if he can make a quick recovery,it may be a blessing in disguise as his ankles should heal completely.Its a major blow for ROMA who were doing well for the CL spot,and he could have led us all the way in the UEFA Cup on his recent form

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
if he comes back in april how is that a threat? no totti will most likely be back and in good form for italy, but i am srry for roma to loose their captain. i hope roma get that cl spot without him.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Mateo said:
Well for Italy, bad news, I don't think he should be recovered soon

5-6 months it's usual time to recovery and then practice exercise.

It's true they had a good streak, they may try to win more games as possible, Totti is not the only responsible but the all team of the 10 victories
no its 2-3 months which means he will come back in april- may which gives him 1 solid month to get back in top form which is enough time.

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Do you Cassano will phone him?

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
1 solid month to recover from an ankle injury with only training and not much match practice is not enough time. All Italy can hope for is for him to return in mid-April (which is the 2 month thing) to immediately return to matches and training without any more problems in the ankle. To play at least 3 games for Roma by the end of the season and to play 2 games for Italy. Even then this is not ideal preparation and is probably too late for him to be in shape.

The thing is sometimes players can recover quickly, but with all the abuse Totti's ankles have taken over the years, Im not sure.

·
Registered
209 Posts
It's terrible what happened to Totti. Didn't he just say last week that he is afraid of getting hurt in the Serie A? Luca Toni an Totti are the most fouled players. The refs need to be more diligent.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I think Vanigli's foul in the end wasnt the worst he received this year. I was angry with Vanigli earlier but after hearing his words and indeed Spalletti's Im not sure he is a dirty player. It was coming though, he was bound to get a big injury eventually from all the fouls on him.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Tony Montana said:
Do you Cassano will phone him?
do you want to start a Cassano bashing thread amigo. :D

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Latest info on Totti's injury, thanks to Zeddicus Due from the Adddicts forum:

Few minutes ago the operation on Totti's leg has ended. A metal plaque has been inserted in the broken fibula, and all ankles ligament needed to be fixed and reattached. Prof. Mariani said the operation was ok and Totti's morale was high ("when he saw all the medical team dressed in green he just said: are you here for a practice match?"). Totti will need to wear a tutor on the injured leg for at least 30 days, then for another 15 days he will train in the water (pool). Only after those 45 days Prof Mariani will be able to say how long it will take for Totti to recover.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Really bad news, hope he is fit in time. If Roma (specifically Totti) had the same protection as the big three clubs from the refs, it could be different.

I just hope he is fit in time.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
FACCHETTI, MANCINI: "FORZA TOTTI"
Sunday, 19 February 2006 19:57:57
MILAN - In the name of the club and the team, Giacinto Facchetti and Roberto Mancini wish Francesco Totti all the best and a speedy recovery after the serious injury suffered this afternoon by the Roma and Italy player.

inter.it

1 - 20 of 42 Posts