Xtratime Community banner

Italy Names WC Squad

298 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  CroatTommy 
#1 ·
Goalkeepers: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Francesco Toldo (Inter Milan), Christian Abbiati (AC Milan).

Defenders: Fabio Cannavaro (Parma), Mark Iuliano (Juventus), Paolo Maldini (AC Milan), Marco Materazzi (Inter Milan), Alessandro Nesta (Lazio), Christian Panucci (AS Roma).

Midfielders: Francesco Coco (Barcelona), Luigi Di Biagio (Inter Milan), Angelo Di Livio (Fiorentina), Cristiano Doni (Atalanta), Gennaro Gattuso (AC Milan), Damiano Tommasi (AS Roma), Francesco Totti (AS Roma), Gianluca Zambrotta (Juventus), Cristiano Zanetti (Inter Milan).

Forwards: Alessandro Del Piero (Juventus), Marco Delvecchio (AS Roma), Filippo Inzaghi (AC Milan), Vincenzo Montella (AS Roma), Christian Vieri (Inter Milan).

#2 ·
the strongest part of the italian team are it's goalkeepers :)

Although their squad looks good on paper, i think they are overrated. :eek: Their midfield isnt that crash hot with the exception of Totti. Doni and Tommassi are good but nothing to get your **** hard about :D

their defence - on paper great, however, Maldini is dying, Nesta has lost a bit....this year he has been made to look very ordinary by some players. Cannevaro is too concerned about his hair.

Their attack is strong, but will be ineffective due to their lack of creativity in the midfield.

i see this squad, and i'll still stand by what i said that Italy will not progress from the group stage.

#4 ·
ROBERTO BAGGIO IS NOT ON THE LIST!??????:eek: :confused: :depress: thats it they lost!:D well it does look like a good defence and good offence plus amazing goalies! BUT their midfield is lacking greatly like Placebo said! only Totti to do the creative work! and we say we are in bad shape well hell we have just as many creative mids as they do...........1! lol ok so our guy is 34 slow and moody oh well! they both dont run lol! anyways yeah like Placebo said as well the strikers might be all world stars but that doesnt mean a thing since they might not be getting the great set ups from a midfield that has a guy named GENNARO GATUSSO on it!:rolleyes: :tongue: im sorry he is a good utility player but COME ON i remember him playing with Boban on Milan and Boban would give him a nice pass expecting a nice give and go and Gatusso fcukin rifles the ball out of bounds he is a killer not a creator! oh well good luck to the Italians they will need it like i said!;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.