Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He is a rare Talent..
Marco, if u think about him is not a pure striker, neither an attacking midfielder, he has both qualities don't u agree..
Good ball control, pace, fantastic Shooting, and a simple character!!

What do u think, why we didn't take advantage of marco di vaio? Do u think he was given his chance? Are we stupid to lose such a talent? Is he talented first of all?

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
The guy cant dribble and doesnt have a great football brain. Right now I have at least 8 or 9 choices ahead of the guy. hes like a faster, but less clinical finishing version of Inzaghi!

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Deano said:
The guy cant dribble and doesnt have a great football brain. Right now I have at least 8 or 9 choices ahead of the guy. hes like a faster, but less clinical finishing version of Inzaghi!

What?!
Do u think he wasn't up to the level!! He was a good player come on please!!

What about his shooting ability/accuracy?
Trap used him as left winger several times remember!!
Di Vaio is a very good player people, i think u r underestimating him just as some coaches did...

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Sure he wasn't the best, but not bad at all. Infact I liked Marco Di Vaio and still thinks he should be given some chances in the NT. He's the italian version of Henry, a fast wizard with good finnishing, but in Italy dribbling and passing is also very important and Di Vaio didn't always work out with his partner or match the perfect forward in Italian standards, however strong fighting spirit mentality was always great and I think he could be useful at times, still.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i dont think he is good enough. he isnt good enough to be the striker for italy unless the whole team is built around him, which it shouldnt be when you have the likes of totti and cassano in your team.

I think Montella and gilardino are better and of course cassano and miccoli are they for support.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Right now we have Montella, TOtti, Cassano, Giladino, Vieri and Montella all in form. To add we also have Miccoli, Toni, Langella and the Udinese tridente in some good form. With Di Vaio out of form in Spain (apart from a goal last weekend) there is no need for him. If maybe he scores 20 goals in Spain next season or if he comes back to Italy and does it then he may deserve a call up.

Anyway I still think he hasnt got a quick brain, definitely not as quick as his feet. He played left wing unsuccesfully many times for Juve and even Italy. As a oure forward who plays on the last defenders shoulder he is class, but we have Gila and Montella doing this job already and both are better.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Italy does have to many good forward's right now for DiVaio to get another chance. He had plenty of chances to prove himself an wasted them. I think his biggest problem is he's inconsistent. He probably has a confidence problem. I'v alway's noticed that he really excelled against the smaller team's with average defences. And really was no impact against the bigger clubs with world class defences. Which probably explains why he really didn't do that well at the international level. Thats probably because the average players had problems containing his speed. Verses world class players could contain his speed better.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Your Mom missed Marco Di Viao :D OHHHHH SNAP!

Jokes I always liked Di Viao but I think his time with the Italian National Team has come to an end. He's a good player but there are so many options who are quite frankly better than him. However I wouldn't mind if he made an effective challenge for a strikers spot in the Italian National Team.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
He's definitely a good player, it's just too bad for him that he plays in a position that Italy currently has an abundance of talent. It's that simple..

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Zangari_Italia said:
Your Mom missed Marco Di Viao :D OHHHHH SNAP!

Maybe ur MoM wouldn't miss me :D :D I won't do that to her
OOOPs Joking !! :smileani: :smileani:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Hey man Totti was my Man of the Match and is definately not a her in case you were wondering, and whatever you two do together is totally cool with me.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Well if your looking for a wide striker type who is on the left-side
I think Langella is better option now

·
Registered
46,402 Posts
HB21 said:
He is a rare Talent..
Marco, if u think about him is not a pure striker, neither an attacking midfielder, he has both qualities don't u agree..
Good ball control, pace, fantastic Shooting, and a simple character!!

What do u think, why we didn't take advantage of marco di vaio? Do u think he was given his chance? Are we stupid to lose such a talent? Is he talented first of all?
I don' think that Di vaio has the qualities of an attacking midfielder, in fact whenever he was used on the left flank of a 4-2-3-1 he sucked.
On the contrary, I consider him a pure forward. I like Di Vaio, he has speed, good technique, good shot...
That said, there are better forwards in Italy.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Di Vaio is my fav Italian player but to be honest he's just a GOOD player.. nothing special and as of right now.... i wouldn't put him in NT because he hasn't EARNED it since moving to Valencia. He hasn't been BAD but he also hasn't performed WELL enough to EARN a call-up like Montella and Gilardino.

Do i think he's actually a good player and very talented though?? Yes I do...
Do I think he has Attacking midfielder qualities? Not at all.. though he's a good FOOTBALLER and not just a finisher like Inzaghi.

Do I think he's EXTRAORDINARY?? something SPECIAL?? No... as much as I like him and Diego Tristan.. they're both VERY GOOD players but nothing to be hyped Tooo much because after all Adriano/Sheva//Henry/Ronaldo really DESERVE all the hype... and as much as I like Di Vaio.. and Tristan... those 3 plus Sheva are just a CLASS above everyone else.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts