------------ANTOGNON

GIANNINI----------------MENTI

------------CAPELLO

CABRINI--BURGNICH--NESTA--GENTILE

--------------Buffon

·
Registered
46,541 Posts
There are some tactical horrors in these teams (Giannini on the left flank for example...) but I understand that it is not easy to build a team with the best players.
It's a pity to see Benetti and Tardelli out of these teams.

In the first team I leave out "Marisa" and replace her with tough Romeo. Now the team is almost unbeatable.

·
Registered
45,722 Posts
You left Mazzola out! 22 goals in 70 games. How many legends could compare to that? Not just the number of goals or appearances but the scoring rate as well. He HAS to be there.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Im not to familiar with the player's prior to the 1980's. But a few influencial players over the past 25 years that I don't see are
Rossi
Tardelli
Donadoni
Albertini

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Firdaus said:
You left Mazzola out! 22 goals in 70 games. How many legends could compare to that? Not just the number of goals or appearances but the scoring rate as well. He HAS to be there.
Read it again and you can see that the teams are taken from World Soccer Magazine..

·
Registered
45,722 Posts
jushua said:
Read it again and you can see that the teams are taken from World Soccer Magazine..
Whoops, my mistake. :D What do you think of the list and Mazzola's exclusion then?

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
There kinds of team is always hard, especially with Italy having so many great players. My older family members might know few legends which could be in there but I can name players after 80's. Tardelli, Albertini, Rossi, etc. Should be in but then again who would you leave out. Always dificult.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Mago said:
I would replace Buffon by Pagliuca and find a spot for Albertini.
Leave out BUFFON?!? Why in earth would you want to do that? He's one of the best goalkeepers in the world ever...

Albertini was never anything special. I can't believe you mention him in this context.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
And then I realize that several others also mention Albertini... Wow! I'm shocked! :eek:

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Facchetti on the right?

Where is Christian Vieri, the man who single-handedly carried Italy over the last 2 World Cups! :mad:

By the way, I'm not too knowledgable about all these honestly, but isn't Bergomi good enough to make the 2nd team at least? :D

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Valdrin said:
I wouldn't!
I wouldn't too but Zambrotta is one of the most complete player I've seen for a long time. Just need to find similar type of player on the RB for Italy and we are sorted ;).

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
peninsula said:
I wouldn't too but Zambrotta is one of the most complete player I've seen for a long time. Just need to find similar type of player on the RB for Italy and we are sorted ;).
I agree but Benarrivo was very complete too and very versityle. He could plays as RB/LB wingback, in the center and such ;). Not to take any credit from Zambrotta who I rate very very high but I just think Benarrivo is the better one :) biased? perhaps ;)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Zambrotta has had much more success at club and country than Benarrivo has. He can also play at LB or RB or in midfield also. Not to take anything away from Benarrivo, he was a very good player but let's be realistic Zambro is the best wingback in the world. A much higher status than Benarrivo has ever achived.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts