Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what a day for liverpool :strong: .......while rafa d man searching for the players among the injured.....cup tied....we superbly outclassed a team that as strong as AC Milan.... :yuck: ......a goalless draw after this ...juz enuff for Liverpool....:D:D:D

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
I thought Juve did pretty well in the second half, I enjoyed the passes and attacks they made. So outclassed is a bit hard, the goal scored makes the second leg open to any side.

·
Registered
440 Posts
yes,in the first half they outclassed us,but surely not in the second..Liverpool fully deserved the lead,but you have to admit that Juve were unlucky: Del Piero's onside goal disallowed,great save by Carson(Del Piero was totally free,but he couldn't score) and Zlatan's shot on the post.We could have easily drawn if we had more luck.

But in the end Liverpool deserved the victory.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
*{JUVENTINO}* said:
yes,in the first half they outclassed us,but surely not in the second..Liverpool fully deserved the lead,but you have to admit that Juve were unlucky: Del Piero's onside goal disallowed,great save by Carson(Del Piero was totally free,but he couldn't score) and Zlatan's shot on the post.We could have easily drawn if we had more luck.

But in the end Liverpool deserved the victory.
Don't think Del Piero would of scored if the whistle aint of been blown anyway.

Nice to see a Juve fan giving us some admiration instead of the "oh liverpool were only good for 30 minutes, juve should of won" crap. :thmbup:

while rafa d man searching for the players among the injured
Kirkland, Alonso, Morientes deffinetly would of started and Kewell, Pellegrino, Cisse would of probably played I'd deffinetly have all 6 in my first team. Not forgetting we've also got injuries to a few other players who would of took their place on the bench.

·
Registered
17,571 Posts
DP would've definitely scored as he did, Carson was totally out of position and never would have gotten to the ball.

Kirkland? He's not much better than Carson.

If Liverpool outclassed us it lasted all but 30 minutes, after that we were the better team.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Nero said:
DP would've definitely scored as he did, Carson was totally out of position and never would have gotten to the ball.

Kirkland? He's not much better than Carson.

If Liverpool outclassed us it lasted all but 30 minutes, after that we were the better team.
Kirkland is more experienced and a more reliable keeper, he deffinetley would of started and he wouldn't of let in Cannavaro's goal, no disrespect to Carson though he did a top job!

We were the better team, every time we attacked you looked un-organsied at the back, except for maybe the last 20 minutes. Please tell me what opportunites what you had except for the goal, DP's chance and Zlatan hitting the post? Not much for "60 minutes of domination"

·
Registered
522 Posts
Nero said:
And a major part of that was down to the fact that we hadn't played a competitive match for 17 days compared to Liverpool's 3.

·
Registered
522 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
DP's chance and Zlatan hitting the post? Not much for "60 minutes of domination
Ermmm, Del Piero's 2 chances, Zlatan's post, and Cannavaro's goal. And 2 or 3 possible fouls in the penalty area... not given by the referee.

·
Registered
440 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
We were the better team, every time we attacked you looked un-organsied at the back, except for maybe the last 20 minutes. Please tell me what opportunites what you had except for the goal, DP's chance and Zlatan hitting the post? Not much for "60 minutes of domination"
But Juve's goal,DP's chance,disallowed goal and Zlatan hitting the post were actually better then the opportunites of Liverpool..
First goal was a corner,second was an amazing goal,but you cant call it an opportunity.For the rest they didn't really have any "great" chances.
But like I said before I still believe that the victory was deserved.

·
Registered
17,571 Posts
True Kthx, that had a lot to do with us starting so sluggishly. Nedved and Trezz were also not match fit.

"We were the better team, every time we attacked you looked un-organsied at the back, except for maybe the last 20 minutes"

Gross exaggeration, we dealt comfortably with the rest of Liverpool's moves into our half after you scored the two goals.

As for domination, i didn't make that statement. I simply said we were the better team, and Liverpool rather naively tried to sit on their two goals for the rest of game and we had all the impetus to play and deserving got an away goal. We would've probably drawn the match had it not been for poor officiating.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
kthx said:
And a major part of that was down to the fact that we hadn't played a competitive match for 17 days compared to Liverpool's 3.
Most of your players had internationals, we had played a game just 3 days before most of our side was nackered Rafa couldn't make many changes because of our injury crisis, where as your squad was fully fit and have been in internations so were certainly match fit, you clearly had the advantage. So don't come that shit wi me.

Ermmm, Del Piero's 2 chances, Zlatan's post, and Cannavaro's goal. And 2 or 3 possible fouls in the penalty area... not given by the referee.
2 chances for DP? you mean the disallowed goal?

lol we didn't get nothing from the referee in the 2nd half, like someone said in another post I think Moggi (or woteva his name is) tapped ref up at half time.

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
First leg is like a first half. All one can say is that Liverpool had a decent first half... it can all change in the second half. Football is played 180 minutes and overtime :)

·
Registered
819 Posts
Since coming back from behind in the second leg has become Juve's M.O., I'm not too worried.

Seems also that Capello understands how to slow down Liverpool's attack. I wouldn't be surprised to see Pesotto start and to be assigned to man-mark Gerard from the beginning. Let's hope it works again!

·
Registered
522 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
2 chances for DP? you mean the disallowed goal?
Yup.

SM ONLINE said:
where as your squad was fully fit and have been in internations so were certainly match fit, you clearly had the advantage. So don't come that shit wi me.
Nedved hadn't played since those 20 or so minutes against Real at the Bernabeau. Trezeguet was half injured.

Players having match fitness is one thing. The team not playing competitive matches together for a relatively long time is another. We lost possession in midfield in this one game more than we've done in the last 2 or 3 matches combined.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Alonso will be key in the second leg. What Liverpool missed was someone who could pace the game in midfield. Xabi can do that far better than Biscan can and can start attacks from deep for them.

You might also get one of those occasional wonder performances from Dudek. Most of the time he's merely good but occasionally he has these games where you could show me a tape of it if it was a keeper I'd never seen before and convince me he's the best in the world.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I thought your coach just said he was unlikely to recover by the second leg?

As for Dudek, didn't Barthez have those same characteristics? I prefer Buffon :D

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
ralford said:

As for Dudek, didn't Barthez have those same characteristics? I prefer Buffon :D
Funny how he was on the bench for the first leg then if he isn't even going to be fit for the 2nd, I think you're just making stuff up.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
ralford said:

My coach may have said that. I'm not sure how much inside Liverpool info Steve Bruce has though. ;)

And yeah, obviously I'd take Buffon, Cech etc over Dudek in a heartbeat. It's just sometimes Dudek is absolutely unbeatable.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts