Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am a normal English lad, sleep football, talk football, eat football and drink beer.
I am normally seen down the lane on a Saturday watching Sheffield united play,
But when we are playing badly I am one of the first to pull Warnock’s tactics apart,
I mean I shouldn’t be moaning really, the closest I have been to managing is on my game of football manager,

So it’s a normal Saturday afternoon, id been down the lane sat in the kop watching my Sheffield united hammer Ipswich, when I got home, a little bit pissed I realized there was a message, it told me to phone a number up urgently.
I rang redial on the number, and to my shock a foreign voice answered, j couldn’t really understand what the voice on the other end was saying, but then a person came on who was much better at English.

So after about 15 minutes of talking and explaining my dad was in England and had not died in Italy, it hit me, I remembered a chat many years ago with my mum that my who I see as my real father is in fact my step father and that my real father left us to go live abroad.

So they let me know that the funeral would be on the 19th of December 2004, I decided straight from the start that I would not be attending the funeral, I mean I didn’t know the fella, to me my dad was living down the road from me, this bloke has never sent a card with a few quid inside, no phone calls, to me he didn’t care about me so I don’t care about him.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I stuck to my guns and didn’t go to the funeral, I was a little upset never to have met the guy but nothing can be done about it now, my mother went over to italy to the funeral and said it was an amazing ceremony, mother still liked the man even though he left her when I was a child, something I could and will never forgive him for.

Mum was surprised how well I had taken the news, I could tell that she would have left dad for this man if he had come back for her, but I never mentioned this to dad as it would only cause arguments,

A week or so later I got a letter, I opened it to find it was from my blood fathers solicitor, explaining that I was a main benefactor of his will and that the meeting for the will to be shared out was on the wednsday of this week,
I couldn’t pull myself away from work as I had bought tickets to go to the away match against Cardiff, me and the lads were having a weekend of it so I needed the money, but still mum made the trip back over to see the solicitors about the will and to bring back the information they had for me.

Mum got back the following day and had a little safe carry box for me to open,……

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I opened the box, all that was inside was a few sheets of paper and a set of keys,
I sat down to read the three letters I had been left,
The first letter upset me as I read through it, it explained that he left for me, he was a bad man he said, and when he found out my mom started seeing James, he realized it would be best for everyone for him to stay away, he went on to say how he regretted never spending time with me, after reading through the letter he had written before he died, I felt down and really upset, I felt guilty that I had not gone to his funeral,

So after reading the first emotional letter I got to the second, after reading them through for a second time it finally sunk in, I realized that they were the papers for his 80% ownership of a football team, the name didn’t ring any bells though, but that didn’t matter, I was thinking this is my path to my first million.

The 3rd letter was a address, it went on to explain that I can have his apartment, as I will be needing it for my time in Italy, well this man who I was angry at has given me what seems a great future, I made my plans to go over to Italy, but the first thing I am going to do when I get over there is pay the respects to MY FATHER .

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So three days later I was landing in Italy, then I jumped on a train and arrived at,

After going to the cemetery I told the cabby driver to take me to the stade allesio nardi
when I got there I was very shocked, when I saw it visions of the shed in my back garden came to mind, the path to my first million was now looking like a motorway,

I went in side the ground, and was met by a man who gave me a bad welcome, he was mad saying I should not be in there, after ten minutes of him moaning, I told him who I was, he was very shocked but I told him I will give him a chance to start again, the second welcome he gave me was much warmer,

I went on to meet the manager and playing staff, I told them for the remainder of the season no changes will be made, and that everyone’s position will be sorted out come the end of the season,

I later found the apartment my father had left me it was a dump but I am sure I could improve it, but I will not be moving in until the season end, this will be used for me to just use when I am over here for now.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So July is my first month in charge

12th July,

Held my first training session today with the lads, I realize that the club does hold 1 or 2 quite talented footballers, but the squad will need big improvements over the coming seasons as we climb the divisions.

Later today I go down to discount furniture and pick a few bits and bobs up on the cheap to make my apartment feel more like my home.

18th July

I have had the lads in everyday preparing for our first friendly match against cittadella,
As its my first game in charge id like to set off with a good win, but they look quite a tricky team, with a few decent players.

so in the end i didnt get the win i was hoping for but at least we didnt loose. to be honnest in this close match only one player really shone, and that was antonio brizzi, the centre of midfield man who is on loan from bressica kept our midfield tight throughout the game.

25th july

today the draw for the serie c cup was made, i have been drawn in group a along side carrarase,cuoiuocappiano,mantevarchi and prato.
i am quite happy with the draw as it doesnt look too difficult to progress from. prato look to be the most dangerous team of the group.

26th july

my second game in charge comes in the form of a freindly against,latina from serie 2/c, they look quite a strong team who may cause us one or two problems.

another draw, i wasnt very happy with this, the signs from these games arent showing me much hope for the coming season.

27th july

today i found out that one of my players who was in mind for a starting place has been injured, andrea dourado has a stubbed toe and the physios are yet to decide how long the injury will keep him out for.

30th july

my third game is a freindly against lecco of serie 2/a, these look to be the strongest team i have faced yet, and if we perform like we have they could give us a hammering.

another draw, and on this performance i desperatly need another attacker.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well august, it started bad but in the end turned out to be pretty good. After my first month in Italy, my first month managing a football team (if that’s what I could call them) I was starting to learn a little Italian, and the team were starting to learn a little football.
My finances are dwindling out of control which stopped me from bringing anyone in, plus the fact no one wants to come and play for us.

However just before the transfer window closed I was forced to make a move, my first choice goal keeper Ivan dazzi was ruled out for up to 3 months, this left only one decent keeper on the books of my club. I rushed into making loan bids for about 10 keepers, all of who rejected the step down, so I lowered my aim and went to prato reserves to loan in
Matteo guglielmini, this 18 year old keeper looks to have a good future ahead of him, and will spend the entire season on loan with us.

During august, we had 3 serie c cup games, and the league campaign began, my first cup game was against carraresse, we didn’t play too badly but we still ran out 1-0 losers, our second cup game of the month was against cuiuocoppiano where we grabbed a deserved late equalizer, we drew 1-1, the third and final cup match of the month was against prato who we hammered 4 goals to one, this game gave us hope of making the next round.

We kicked the league of in style with the game against sassoulo finishing 1-0 to us, a cracker of a goal from our star striker meir.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now to September, a month which sore our game play level rise, the final cup game was also this month which we needed to win. I’ve had a little company this month, both my sister and father/ step father have been over, my father is a big football fan so while over I made use of him. He helped me run the team for a few weeks and also gave orders to the men on the pitch.

My second league game was against fogolino, they looked a tricky side on paper but in reality posed very little threat, id say we were done out of the points due to the bad quality of refereeing. Next up came a very entertaining cup game, one that we needed to win, and we did, but we did get scares, montevarchi went two- nil up early on, but our form started to come back towards the end of the first half and in the end we got a goal.
At half time the score was 2-1, but after the restart we surged forward and got the equalizer, two more goals quickly came and in the end a 4-2 score line was a little hard on montevarchi.

To finalise this months games, we played gubbio at home which was another 0-0 draw, which kept us unbeaten. Then we traveled to anacona, a tough place to play at but we returned home with three points after a late winner, our final game sore our first defeat,
We lost 1-0 against ballerina at our ground which was pretty disappointing.

Position after September 8th.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
October, this month we have 4 league games, we will be hoping to continue our form on throughout them as we hope to linger as close to the top, the young goalkeeper I loaned in has been a huge success here, and I will be trying to retain the young man for next season.

So the month’s games started of a trip down to benevito, a team that sits in sixth spot. So we knew they hold some class, but during the game this rarely showed, it took us until the 78th minute to score despite our total domination of the game. it remained 1-0 and we wemt away with 3 more points.

Our second game of the month sore us hosting montervachi, the team who we hammered 4-2 in the cup, so we expected nothing less than a win and this is what we got, a comfortable game and we ran out 2-0 winners.

Next we had to travel to gualdo a team who had not been beaten at home yet, so we knew we faced a difficult game, it took a wonder goal from frati to set us up for a 2-1 win. Our final game of the month was against spal, we knew a win would give us a clean sweep of all opponents for the month, but despite our best efforts we couldn’t score, to make matters worse spal hit us on the break late on, we lost the game 1-0.

Overall though this was a great month which sore us rocket to second in the table.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
November, we faced tough opposition this month, and this showed, we had a two legged tie with novara, and three league games including a game against the team holding top spot reggiana,

This month I had said I would make a trip down to the local children’s hospital, I was going with star striker meir and rock at the back penucci, I knew our visit would help the morale of some of the poorly children as a lot of them supported us but were unable to come down the ground on match day, and as expected the children were ecstatic to see me and there favorite players come to see them in hospital.

To the football of the month, the first game was the first leg of our serie c cup match, the first half was tightly contested , both teams could have had a few goals but the dead lock wasn’t broken, until the second half when we scored two late goals, 2-0

Second game, and first league match sore a defeat for us, we lost 1-0 to sansovino, then the second leg of the cup came, a game that we thought was going to be easy, but it wasn’t, in the end we crashed out loosing 5-2. on aggregate 5 goals to four.
Next came another defeat, we traveled down to cavese and came away with a one-nil defeat under our belt.

Our final, and hardest game of the month, we host reggiana, reggiana have also been in bad form as they have slipped down to fourth in the league, one place in front of me, I was expecting a hard game and that’s what we got, despite the only goal of the game coming after 8 minutes, it was very tight game and in the end we ran out 1-0 winners.

So after this dreadful month, we lay in fourth place, which would be well appreciated if this was the end of the season.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
December, the month of good will, the month of giving, but I will be hoping to be tight and not give any points away, and we didn’t this month we went all way through winning every team put in front of us,

First up came prato, wed already beaten these in the cup and we carried on good form against them with a 2-1 victory, next up was castel san pietro, a team who to me don’t posses any great talent, the result of 2-0 to us was quite kind on them. Then came forli, our form continued and we finished the game with three more points thanks to a goal from simone guarri,

So after our 1-0 win in the previous game we went and did it again, this time against cuiocappiano, after this we broke up for the Christmas period and I flew back to England.

So Christmas has always been special to me, I like to be around family and this Christmas was great as usual, I brought Italian gifts back for everyone and they all enjoyed them, but the festive period was a short one for me as id promised id fly back on the 2nd of January to recommence training sessions.

As I looked back over the year, I knew it has been great year and I owe it all to the father I never knew.

Position after December 1st.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
January, training really did hit some of the lads after all the scoffing and boozing they had done over the festive period, but they knew they had to work as hard as ever in training if we are to keep our push for promotion up. We had four more games this month,

The first against foligno, foligno looked as though not half as much effort had been put into training and we out played them from start to finish, 3-0 winners we ended,
The second game was against carraresse, this also looked a easy game on paper for us, no shocks after this 2-0 win.

Next up was sassulo, we know they can play from our game earlier in the season as we narrowly won, we weren’t as lucky this time as we drew 0-0, final game of the month was against gubbio a team who held us to a 0-0 draw earlier in the season, but not this time we hammered them 3 goals to none.

As January came also did the transfer window, ive had to let one of our best players leave, he wouldn’t sign a new contract which was running out so I cashed in on
21 year old defender del nero, he moved to terrana for 22 thousand pounds.

To replace him I brought in young starlet kieth lowe from wolves and he fits into our back four perfectly alongside pennuci.

Along with Lowe 4 other free transfers arrived, Andrew driver a 17 year old left winger from hearts, Steven Watson a 17 year old striker from Dundee who will go into our reserves until he progresses to a higher level.
19 year old Steven notman arrived from Hibernian and plays his football on the right wing. And finally I had to sign another goalkeeper after all 3 keepers were out injured for more than a month a piece, in coming was massimilliano mori from reggiana the 30 year old is a decent back up player too.

Position after January 1st

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
February, we now needed to start winning every game,. But its just our look, we start to perform very badly, only two points this month out of four games,

Our first game was against anaconda who we lost 2-1 to, then came bellaria who we also lost 2-1 to, then our first point of the month came as we drew 1-1 with montervachi,

Next and the final game of the month was against gualdo who we drew 0-0 with, so after this bad month of results we find ourselves sitting in fifth position.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
March, it wasn’t as bad as February but it still wasn’t a good month, we got 5 points from four games, but I wasn’t happy how we have been playing.

First game of month was against benevento, a team 1 place behind me but 12 points, I know they can play good football and they did, we were quite lucky to get the point.
Second game sore us play host to sonsovinio, we expected a long awaited win and we got one, we won the game 2-1 but it wasn’t a convincing display.

Third for the month was a 3-0 defeat away at spal, this was our worst display this season, then finnaly for the month a 1-1 draw against cavasse, a game we should have won.

So after little improovment we remain in 5th spot.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
April, we needed to regain our form this month; although we did have a few decent games we still weren’t brilliant. It was a difficult months worth of games though.

Starting at the at the time league leaders reggiana, they took the lead but we fought back well and won the game 2 goals to one. Then we had to play prato, where we won 1-0, after this I thought our form was back, but it was back to bad results as welost 1-0 against
Forli.

Then came cuicaiappiano, who we beat earlier in the season, not today though, a boring 0-0 draw. Then another boring 0-0 draw against castel san pietro.

I cant believe the luck im having, at the season end I need good form but I just keep loosing. So after april I lay in fifth place.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
May, during this month before the last game it was announced I was guaranteed a play off place, so the match against carrease didn’t mean much, but we still drew 1-1, so I finished the season in fifth position.

So our play off was against spal, here are the results from the two legged tie.

after beating spal I had a two legged tie with reggiana, these two legs are what a whole season goes down to, here are the scores,

wow, ive been promoted after my first season in charge here, nobody expected promotion but weve got it, now its tim for me and the lads to celebrate. yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Code:
Holders - Ancona

| Pos   | Inf   | Team              |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   | C     | Ancona            |       | 34    | 20    | 6     | 8     | 49    | 29    | +20   | 66    | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Spal              |       | 34    | 18    | 10    | 6     | 48    | 24    | +24   | 64    | 
| 3rd   |       | Reggiana          |       | 34    | 18    | 8     | 8     | 48    | 30    | +18   | 62    | 
| 4th   |       | Bellaria          |       | 34    | 17    | 10    | 7     | 47    | 31    | +16   | 61    | 
| 5th   | P     | Castelnuovo       |       | 34    | 16    | 10    | 8     | 33    | 20    | +13   | 58    | 
| 6th   |       | Gubbio            |       | 34    | 13    | 11    | 10    | 42    | 41    | +1    | 50    | 
| 7th   |       | Forlì             |       | 34    | 13    | 9     | 12    | 45    | 40    | +5    | 48    | 
| 8th   |       | Benevento         |       | 34    | 11    | 14    | 9     | 43    | 40    | +3    | 47    | 
| 9th   |       | Gualdo            |       | 34    | 11    | 12    | 11    | 36    | 33    | +3    | 45    | 
| 10th  |       | Cuoiocappiano     |       | 34    | 10    | 12    | 12    | 42    | 39    | +3    | 42    | 
| 11th  |       | Prato             |       | 34    | 11    | 9     | 14    | 45    | 53    | -8    | 42    | 
| 12th  |       | Carrarese         |       | 34    | 10    | 12    | 12    | 38    | 50    | -12   | 42    | 
| 13th  |       | Cavese            |       | 34    | 9     | 10    | 15    | 31    | 54    | -23   | 37    | 
| 14th  |       | Montevarchi       |       | 34    | 7     | 14    | 13    | 38    | 48    | -10   | 35    | 
| 15th  | R     | Foligno           |       | 34    | 6     | 15    | 13    | 38    | 47    | -9    | 33    | 
| 16th  |       | Sansovino         |       | 34    | 8     | 8     | 18    | 31    | 47    | -16   | 32    | 
| 17th  | R     | Castel San Pietro |       | 34    | 8     | 8     | 18    | 40    | 53    | -13   | 32    | 
| 18th  | R     | Sassuolo          |       | 34    | 6     | 10    | 18    | 35    | 50    | -15   | 28    | 
|       |       |                   |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       | 

1 - 20 of 22 Posts