Xtratime Community banner
2,801 - 2,820 of 3,319 Posts
Italy - Poland 0 - 1 FT

Unfortunately my remarks on the performance in the first game were confirmed by a similar performance in the second game. I knew Italy would have had even more problems against a team playing with all the men behind the ball and that was exactly the way Poland played. Di Biagio simply can't make a proper use of all the enormous potential of our attack. In the first game he was "saved", in this one he has paid the bill for both games.

I think it is more a case of the players being way overrated; let's face the facts, no Italian team - club or national - has won a competition since Inter's Club WC win in 2010. There has to be a reason for that.

I disagree. Evani before and Nicolato now have obtained better results with the under 19 and under 20 NTs which had a few of these players, in spite of the fact that the best among their players were with Di Biagio. Nicolato has just obtained a brilliant 4th spot in the world cup without Kean, Tonali and Zaniolo. Nicolato's team had defensive defaillances but played brilliant football.

The qualification to the semifinals won't be an easy job at all for the Italian NT, who have a remote chance to get the first position and a solid chance to get the second, which might not be enough unfortunately, depending on the results in the other groups (a draw between France and Romania would eliminate our team for sure but a win of France could eliminate us anyway). UEFA should consider the possibility to increase the number of teams participating in the final phase to 16, or decrease it to 8. The 12-team format is unfair.

Really disappointed in DiBiagio, have never cared for him and somehow he's still in the job, failing. How do you NOT score with that attack playing in Italy? What a loser.

Di Biagio defenitely need to be fired once and for all. Its foolish to say the failure I'm seeing to the players mainly, because this is the most talented and stacked team in long while. Player value wise this Italy squad is the highest in the competition by some margin.

France and Romania will draw and both will go through.

I have watched, rather lazily, Romania - France and I think the number of shots on goals pretty much describes the game: 0.

That said, we can only blame ourselves, because we really shouldn't have lost to Poland.

Di Biagio says he would have been considered the best if romania-france didn't end in a draw, and as such the evaluation of his team depended entirely on an external result. Also stated he has many Serie A and B offers.

i hope for those clubs that this is false. i am very glad he is no longer with FIGC. Ciao

2,801 - 2,820 of 3,319 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.