Xtratime Community banner
2,781 - 2,800 of 3,319 Posts
Hyper crap defending from our defenders on this guy, Koite, who was indeed excellent, but should have left the penalty to a teamate.

4-2 FT

Congratulations to Mali, who tried till the very end.

Our team is good, but shows the same defensive liabilities of the under 19 team which was defeated by Portugal on year ago. Bettella, the guy who came in during the second half and was a disaster, is Mr. 7 milion euros.

Ukraine defeated Italy 1-0. They were the better team and deserved to win. Italy were hardly dangerous even after Popov was sent off. In the very last minute Scamacca scored but I realized the goal would be disallowed before the decision of the VAR.

I'm excited for this euro championship U21 azzurrini, this is one stacked squad!

1-1 at halftime
I have just watched the last quarter of a hour (+4 minutes of loss time). It has been a fight on every ball, but I can't see a real plan, just mess. Chiesa is ruling and has scored a great goal. Zaniolo was hit hard by the goalie of Spain and had to leave the pitch, replaced by Orsolini. I hope Zaniolo is well but it could be a blessing in disguise because in my opinion Orsolini is the better player.

1-1 at halftime
I have just watched the last quarter of a hour (+4 minutes of loss time). It has been a fight on every ball, but I can't see a real plan, just mess. Chiesa is ruling and has scored a great goal. Zaniolo was hit hard by the goalie of Spain and had to leave the pitch, replaced by Orsolini. I hope Zaniolo is well but it could be a blessing in disguise because in my opinion Orsolini is the better player.
It was all Spain before you turned in, a much bigger mess.
We have another Spanish generation of pussies, the diving has been a masterpiece.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

Unfortunately I missed the first thirty minutes of the second half too, but in the final quarter of a hour of it I watched again a lot of mess and wrong passes. Luckily we were already 2-1 up (Chiesa again) and we also gained a penalty with Pellegrini who also converted it for the final 3-1.

You guys seem so negative, I tuned in late, last 15 minutes after work, and the swedish commentators were praising the Italian players alot for whole second half.

The biggest problem I have with the performance is that we hardly created chances to score in spite of the huge quality in attack. Good that we prevented Spain from creating chances either, by hook or by crook. Surely we exploited the fact that the competition is played in Italy. Probably we wouldn't have finished with 11 players on the pitch if the game had been played in Spain.

Discussion starter · #2,800 ·
First 30 was all Spain but Italy grew into the match and played well. Orsolini especially as a winger is better but we need Zaniolo fit for the squad. This is definitely a talented bunch

2,781 - 2,800 of 3,319 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.