Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it always that bad ? :dazed:

when someone is about to put a cross into the box, sorry but i don't want a close up of the back of Capello's head. :fero:

when there is a quick counter attack on i will not be thrilled to see a replay of someone making a foul from ten minutes ago. :googly:

when Cesc wins a ball in the midfield and there are two runners right and left i think it is a bit annoying for them to switch to a shot of Nedved pulling his socks up. :frustrat:

absolutely atrocious and completely ruined the enjoyment of the match :thmbdown:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Well then in England they show grannies going to eat a pie while a FK is being taken so take your pick really.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:

when someone is about to put a cross into the box, sorry but i don't want a close up of the back of Capello's head. :fero:

when there is a quick counter attack on i will not be thrilled to see a replay of someone making a foul from ten minutes ago. :googly:

when Cesc wins a ball in the midfield and there are two runners right and left i think it is a bit annoying for them to switch to a shot of Nedved pulling his socks up. :frustrat:

absolutely atrocious and completely ruined the enjoyment of the match :thmbdown:
It really depends on whom is directing the event.
Since I was in San Siro, how was Milan vs Lyon?

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Deano said:
Well then in England they show grannies going to eat a pie while a FK is being taken so take your pick really.
do they fuk, you can moan about the commentary in Englansd for sure, but they show the game, when you do miss something it's a surprise, tonight they missed things every bloody minute.

tbh, i am shocked anyone can defend it. :thmbdown:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
actually no I will not defend it, because its a bit silly, but at the same time, I dont remember missing that much... I think only one instance where they almost missed a chance... apart from this they missed some bits of play which didnt mean much.

For some reason they only seem to be crap at Delle Alpi, even the live stuff, I mean at San Siro yday I dont remember it being like this...

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Deano said:
actually no I will not defend it, because its a bit silly, but at the same time, I dont remember missing that much... I think only one instance where they almost missed a chance... apart from this they missed some bits of play which didnt mean much..
so are they clairvoyants then? they got lucky if they missed pieces of play that didn't mean much. ;)

and all pieces of play mean a lot to me, i don't want to see edited highlights while watching live thanks.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Like I said, I dont really remember missing much. When I watch a game I dont really think these things and it was a crap game in the end anyway from my point of view as I wasnt bothered.

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Deano said:
Like I said, I dont really remember missing much. When I watch a game I dont really think these things and it was a crap game in the end anyway from my point of view as I wasnt bothered.
well obviously if you are not that bothered it won't affect you, but i was VERY bothered thankyou, if Angelina Jolie had walked in the bar and opened my flies i would have told her to get the fuk out of it :D

·
Registered
57,752 Posts
In Italy they do have that annoying habit of showing a repeat of a normal foul in midfield 2-3 times, yes.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
that was better, so who are this two bob firm who direct Juve?
As said, it's not so much the firm but the director. Directors usually are freelance, they work for a number of firms. I don't know the name of the person. For the record, the game in Italy was aired both on Sky aswell as Italia 1.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
England unfortunately is miles ahead of Italy and Spain in terms of production quality. It seems that the chiefs in the EPL have realized that football is in a way a product and to best present their package they have made the effort to have higher quality equipment and better overall production qualities.

I mean some matches in Spain and Italy piss me off because the quality of the broadcast is so bad. They should seriously do some improvements. Do like in the USA and put some High Definition broadcasts on or something. Geesh!

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I must admit at least you could hear the atmosphere though.

Same at the San Siro last night

Those of us who watch Bravo and know that bravo only get feeds from Italy, know that you dont hear the crowd atmosphere too well and it makes Serie A seem it has no atmosphere even when full stadium.

However Im just thankful for Bravo showing the football really.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
CarlosMiguel said:
England unfortunately is miles ahead of Italy and Spain in terms of production quality. It seems that the chiefs in the EPL have realized that football is in a way a product and to best present their package they have made the effort to have higher quality equipment and better overall production qualities.

I mean some matches in Spain and Italy piss me off because the quality of the broadcast is so bad. They should seriously do some improvements. Do like in the USA and put some High Definition broadcasts on or something. Geesh!
Not really, production in Italy usually has the same amount of cameras as England or Germany.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Deano said:
I must admit at least you could hear the atmosphere though.

Same at the San Siro last night

Those of us who watch Bravo and know that bravo only get feeds from Italy, know that you dont hear the crowd atmosphere too well and it makes Serie A seem it has no atmosphere even when full stadium.

However Im just thankful for Bravo showing the football really.
Even sound is debatable. It depends only on how you equalize the end product.

·
Registered
10,087 Posts
Unfortunately, yes. There are many things, like the lighting and the sound, but the biggest source of irritation is, as you say, the endless replays of more or less unimportant sequences when the game is on. I’ll never get it.

I would say, of all the foreign leagues that are often broadcasted here (the Dutch, Spanish, French, Italian, English and German league), the tv production from Italy is by far the worst. Heck, even the production of the Danish crap league seems more qualified.

I even know people who have given up on Italian football because of the poor TV production.

OT, Luciano, the DVD is enjoyable. Nice piece of work :thumbsup:

·
International
8,545 Posts
Croatian TV is similar, nothing like hearing the crowd cheer while you're watching the 6th replay of a scoring chance.

Even better was when I used to listen to games on radio. They cut out often for the news and it's never anything updated, same story as it was 10 minutes ago. The best is when the 40th minute comes around and they cut to the news and commercials and get back just in time for the half time whistle so they can tell you what you missed.

Now what were you complaining about?

:D

·
Fourth Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
2,465 Posts
The EPL broadcasting is absolute top. It definately makes matches more pleasant to watch imo.

I wish the same company would do la liga - Spanish broadcasting atm is clearly of less quality.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
My father was standing right infront of the TV right before Titi took that left footed shot in the second half. Had to see it on replay.

I had to ask him if he thought he was made out of plexi glass.

He was also talking about mowing the lawn and all this other garbage...

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
lol...funny thread, but i have to agree the italian feed we get here is amatuerish when compared to others...at least now they don't have those updates of every goal scored and show it during the current match you were watching, several years ago this was :)

Although the english broadcast of the epl is amongst the best, my beef with them is the lack of replays ironically enough...specifically those flair type moments they seem to ignore, not saying that they have to show every backheel pass, nutmeg and dribble as seen in the brazillian broadcasts...but some focus on it would be good :)

imo...the best broadcasted league is the French championship it's a good mix of the previous two i mentioned... :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts