First leg: Juventus won 2-1

Forza Juve....Lets make it a year of 2 Cups !!! :happy:

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Parma-Juventus

AT STAKE

The final act of the 2001/2002 season will take place on Friday evening at the Tardini stadium, where Parma and Juventus will face each other in the second leg of the Coppa Italia final.

The unpredictable Serie A finale gave this match a different meaning for Juventus. The Bianconeri would have been much more determined if they didn't win the Scudetto, so their attitude could be an unknown.

The hosts, who must try to bounce back from the 2-1 defeat of the first leg match, are in a much different situation. The national Cup is the only way for the Emiliani to sweeten a disappointing season: Parma were expected to fight for the top positions, but soon they struggled and spent most of the season in the bottom part of the Serie A ranking.

TEAM NEWS

-Parma: just like in the first leg match, the Gialloblù will miss suspended skipper Fabio Cannavaro, who is supposed to join the Bianconeri next season. Boghossian, Bolano, Djetou and Sukur will also be sidelined with injuries, but coach Carmignani will recover the team's topscorer, Marco Di Vaio, who missed the Delle Alpi clash.

Probable line-up (3-5-1-1): Taffarel; Sartor, Sensini, Benarrivo; Diana, Almeyda, Lamouchi, Nakata, Junior; Micoud; Di Vaio

Bench: Frey, Ferrari, Appiah, Gurenko, Maini, Marchionni, Bonazzoli

-Juventus: the guests will miss Czech forward Pavel Nedved, who is suffering from muscular troubles. However, Juve will be boosted by the recovery of Marcelo Salas: the Chilean striker, who got injured last October 20th, will start from the bench. Just like he did in all of the previous Coppa Italia matches, coach Lippi will hand a chance to many of his second string players. Carini will relieve Buffon between the posts, while Amoruso and Zalayeta will form the offensive couple.

Probable line-up (4-4-2): Carini; Thuram, Ferrara, Montero, Paramatti; Zenoni, Conte, Tacchinardi, Zambrotta; Zalayeta, Amoruso

Bench: Buffon, Birindelli, Davids, Iuliano, Salas, Del Piero, Trezeguet

SOCCERAGE PREDICTION

The lack of pressure and the result of the first leg match will be two major allies for Juventus. Parma might be more "hungry" than Lippi's men, who have spent most of the week celebrating the Scudetto, but Lippi and the players repeatedly stated that they want the double, and I expect them to show this determination right after the starting whistle. I can't see Parma defeating an super-confident opponent.

Parma 1 Juventus 1

:cool:

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
I think im gonna watch the game on RAI, I'll be cheering for Parma i guess. Juve just can't win the double ;)

it is friday evening right?

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts