Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Italian team of the season
by Espen Andre Skjerve

The Italian Coaches Association (Aiac) has chosen the players they think deserve a spot in the Serie A team of the season.

The team is as follows:

Buffon (Juventus)

Panucci (Roma), Nesta (Lazio), Samuel (Roma), Candela (Roma)

C Zanetti (Inter), Emerson (Roma), Corini (Chievo)

Totti (Roma)

Vieri (Inter), Trezeguet (Juventus)

FootballBC.com

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I have to disagree with the choice of Nesta... Ciro Ferrara or Toto Fresi played better.

·
Registered
17 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
I have to disagree with the choice of Nesta... Ciro Ferrara or Toto Fresi played better.
Ciro Ferrara should be on that team. Why Nesta? What a strange decision, mind-boggling considering that he had a very sub-par season....

·
Registered
46,350 Posts
I disagree on many names
in my opinion the best team of the season was: (4-3-1-2)
Pagliuca - Zè Maria, Samuel, Ferrara, X ( I really don't know a player who played well on the left!) - Asta (until he did not get injured), Corini, Baiocco - Doni - Vieri, Trezeguet. Coach: Del Neri

The flop team (disappointing) was:
X (difficult to find a bad goalie in Italy) - Pancaro, Thuram, Zebina, Gresko - Mendieta,Tacchinardi, D.Andersson - Nakata - H.Sukur, Javi Moreno - Coach: Zaccheroni

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Taglialatela of Fiorentina or Generoso Rossi of Venezia would be a good choice for your flop team... perhaps Shevchenko would be a valid candidate too. He scored 13 goals, fair enough, but how many of them after October? Add 3-4 penalties and generally what Milan was expecting from him and there you have. Nuno Gomes would also fit in there just fine...

I also think you're being a bit harsh on Thuram. He was quite good as a RB for Juve. Perhaps Alessandro Pierini of Fiorentina, William Viali of Venezia and Jose Chamot of Milan are better choices...

·
Registered
46,350 Posts
I explain my choice of Thuram for the flop team.
1- Thuram quite always played as a right back, but I wanted to put Pancaro in that position... so I shifted him in the center.
2- Viali, Pierini, Chamot.... surely played worse than Thuram, but Thuram is much much stronger than all of them so he was more disappointing than the other.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Hey, TonySamp, how about a Serie B team all star team?

3-4-1-2

Berti (Empoli); Ugari (Modena), Luppi (Napoli), Mayer (Modena); Di Natale (Empoli), Milanetto (Modena), Ardito (Como), Bombardini (Palermo); Fabbrini (Modena); Oliveira (Como), Miccoli (Ternana)

·
Registered
46,350 Posts
Good team... i would put Bresciano (Empoli) too... he is really good.

As regards the flop is difficult to create a team but I have various candidates from my team:

Luiso "the Bull from Sora" (FW) scored just 3 goals!!!

Tricarico (MF), perhaps the worst player of serie B

Jurcic (MF) he played in the last WC but this year he just played 50 minutes (and he was not always injured!)

Jovicic (FW) 5 games 1 goal

Stendardo (DF ) was considered one of the best youngsters in Italy (and Juventus wanted him), I think he is one of the worst DF I have ever seen

Bellotto could be the worst coach cause he always put the players in the wrong position!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts