Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What will they think of next ??

I´m so confused to why italian media is doing it´s outmost to link Lazio players with Inter ?!?

Now the last deal is we wanna trade Seedorf for Veron ?!? Are they on serious drugs ??? Seedorf is a failure and Veron a success and we are going to trade - what will they think of next.

This just shows why clubs should go into press silence - as soon as someone says something the media will use it to twist and turn until every possible option is used up.

Now Veron released a statement the other day that he was unhappy with the actions of the club on the transfer market - I´m sure he is if he listens to rumours. Everybody and their grandmother seems to think that Lazio is ready to give up Pancaro, Almeyda and Salas for Vieri ?? Madness !!! Now after the words of Lippi that Vieri is staying the Italian media seems to think that we are after Seedorf. Well if deal one is madness where will Mulder file this ?? XX-Files !!

If Cragnotti won´t reach a deal with Tanzi for Crespo and Buffon then I´m sure he´ll go shopping in Brazil, Argentina or Spain for a striker and if that fails then he´ll keep Salas - Inzaghi - C Lopez and add a local talent.

Don´t think that Cragnotti won´t get even with Juve for Paramatti.

V

·
0 Posts
brilliant move to get even steven with juve, snatch crespo? that should show them not to gatecrash, or at least if you gatecrash a party others are liable to do the very same to your party. only maybe the stakes will rise.

come to think of it. isn´t there any formalia surronding transfers? this paramati business features some hostile takeovertunes.

marco

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Svennis; It's not Italian-soccer.com who makes the news. They just printed stuff that was on both Gazzetta and Calciomercato.
and this whole "all the press against Lazio" (I read between the lines for that one) thing....? I mean- COME ON!
Lazio is being linked to every topclass player in the world. There is no other team (alledgedly) going for as expensive deals as Lazio, and the main man boosting these rumours is Cragnotti who simply can't resist saying "Batigol will never play with Roma" , the day after he says that Lazio are not interested anymore, and that Roma can have him. "Rivaldo is our target" must also be familiar. "Christian Vieri is Inters...- for know". "Buffon will go to Lazio for sure".
Do You want it to be totally onesided in "favour" of Lazio?
The reason for all these Lazio-Inter negotiations is that Lazio want Vieri back, and the Veron thing propably has nothing substantial to it. But the one starting that thing was Veron when he said that Lazio's management wasn't professional. The Italian media is bound to speculate on that, and You know it. The same thing happened when Zizou's wife Veronique stated that she didn't like Turin one bit.

Marco; Are You suggesting foulplay on Juve's behalf?
It MUST be allowed to make a better offer than Lazio. More money to Bologna, they get to keep Binotto, and Paramatti has apparently been a Juve fan since childhood.

I can understand that You're disappointed, but I can't stand that EVERYTHING Juve/Moggi does is under the microscope.

Ciao.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
There's only one reason for all this linking with Inter: Vieri. Cragnotti just can't forget about the guy, which I really don't get, simply because he's injury prone and won't stay any longer than just one season!
Like Glen said, Cragnotti's the one who creates these kind of situations.

Seedorf, a failure? I certainly don't think swapping Veron for him would be a good thing to do, but he's definately not a failure to Inter! :(
A few days ago, Cragnotti said Veron won't leave, so forget about this Seedorf rumour!

Why does this "madness" bother you that much? It's part of football, especially when the season's over! If you don't like it, just ignore it. There's no need to make it such a big deal!

Besides, you're speculating just as much yourself by posting topics like "Veron could leave!!!! If Bati joins" and "Veron makes me laugh :("...

"Talvolta capita alle aquile di volare al livello delle galline; ma mai le galline protranno volare al livello delle aquile."

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
LAZIO are set to tie up the long term future of influential Argentinian Juan Veron - with the midfield star expected to extend his contract until 2005.
Veron had become a target of Internazionale, with the Milan club supremo Massimo Moratti openly admiring the player.

However, Veron admitted that he had received an offer from Lazio president, Sergio Cragnotti, adding: "I owe a lot to both Rome and Cragnotti - and they are ready to offer me a new deal."

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lazia I´m just highlighting the news from Italian-soccer.com, those are not my views ( Veron might leave if bati joins etc ).

Veron did make me laugh with his statement about how Lazio was operating - since it´s a) non of his business b) being run just fine thank you very much.

I would like to read more then about how all clubs are going to rape Parma and strike crazy deals with Lazio.

Cragnotti said just yesterday that Veron wasn´t going to leave and then Veron added in a statement that he was happy and that he owes the club alot etc - the next day BAM and we are trading him for Seedorf ?!?

V

·
0 Posts
ciao glen, no, not suggesting foul play. only want crespo. however being snatched a player right in front of our noses even before the ink has dried make me a bit longnoosed. but i think it´s even steven if we get crespo.

marco

p.s please keep inzaghi

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
What about Cragnotti knowing the Veron passport case will become a legal president. Like banning Veron for a year because of deliberate document faking. Wouldn't it be good to have Veron sold for zillions before ?

I'm not serious with the theory, however that would be a very nice scenario (IF the Veron case turns out bad).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts