Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Italian Serie A 2008 - Week 1

August 30-31, 2008

Welcome back :strong:. Let's get these general threads happening again.

Udinese v Palermo going on right now with Di Natale with a brace.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
New season, same old Milan :thumbsup: :D I suppose we shall give them time, but indeed before the Fio-Juve game, none of the 'bigs' have won. Lazio with an impressive win.

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep all big teams encountered problems this weekend. Let's keep in mind each top team has so many injuries, it's quite weird that they all do at the same time.

It was also nice to see Gila score in Parma fashion a nice goal.

The weekend was pretty boring but teams will only improve of course.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
If you watched the Milan Bologna game - I wouldn't say it was boring - one of the best matches I have seen. Milan look really good - just a little unbalanced and unlucky.

But in general I was quite impressed with the quality of play and the smaller teams look really solid - Sampdoria and Bologna look very strong. Didn't see the Napoli Roma game.

This could be a close race for the title. I think it is going to be between Inter, Milan and possibly Juve. I don't see Fiorentina doing that well this year with their UCL commitments as I am not convinceed they have enough depth. Roma will probably scrape into the top 4.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Jovetic looked a real classy player, always involved in the play and he is just 18.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Funny how we are so thrilled that Serie A had finally began that there has been almost nothing of the usual bickering about referees' mistakes. ;)

From the games I watched, Milan - Bologna was great entertainment, something interesting was happening almost all the time. Milan will be really, really scary...but only if Nesta is back and Ronaldinho starts running again.

Inter were eerily reminiscent of Mancini's Inter, same gameplay (i.e. give the ball to Zlatan and hope for the best), same weird subs (did Crespo even touch the ball), same draws with Samp.

Juventus are boredom personified as usual while Fiorentina really need a plan B to use when their hail of crosses doesn't work.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Mancini after all won some titles, it seems Inter fans have been harsh and when they hit their hard years again they will remember this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts