Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are some people left, not many, but some who think Serie A is the greatest league in the world. More shockingly there are a fair amount who feel Serie A is better than La Liga. Serie A is firmly behind the EPL and La Liga i my mind at least - and has been for a long time now. What do you think?

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Reaper 7 said:
There are some people left, not many, but some who think Serie A is the greatest league in the world. More shockingly there are a fair amount who feel Serie A is better than La Liga. Serie A is firmly behind the EPL and La Liga i my mind at least - and has been for a long time now. What do you think?

after watched the game......juve juz a piece of sh*t....

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
You judge this on the Juve-Arse game right?

Go away... Juve are in bad state right now not just for Arse game so stop it... Inter are also suffering as they have showed in Serie A on occasions recently.

Milan are in SF no? Milan just went through against the best teams of Germany and France and now play the best team of Spain so we see, but either way, it doesnt prove which league is better...

Which other league had 3 teams in this years QF?

You can not say Serie A is now crap because Juve who have been getting crapper for a couple of months went out and even made this quite average Arsenal team look good. Even my Roma really played well v Juve at Delle Alpi.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I think you´re a joke. Italy has had most quarter-finalists in CL the last 3-4 years. And who the hell knows which league is the best? No one here, not even I. And wh*res like you and other forum members who keep saying that they know which league is the best. You sit on your fat asses eating chips wathcing the games and claim you can say which is best and which isn´t. No one knows anything and better keep shut. Unless anyone here has played in all three leagues, keep your mouth shut.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Juve game? No i missed it, but guessed the result, I think the Villareal Inter game spoke more aswell as watching all 3 leagues for the last ten years in all competitions, Italy are kept up on a throne artificially, their league is all talk and old stars.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
You cant just say these things. many things have to be considered and Inter arent in great confidence... This is one of them. You prefer Spanish league, fair enough, I respect your opinion as I dont disagree so much, but Serie A is not washed up stars, we just have great players but also some players currently low in confidence which effected these matches.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Listening to Sky Sports is really making me angry!

Because Juve and Inter gone out and Milan ALMOSt, but didnt go out suposoedly Italian football is crap now bla bla bla.

I have to ask you this... these 3 teams got to the QF in the first place, no?

Italy have the same amount as EPL in the SF of the CL, no?

England had only 1 representative in the CL QF, no?

Liverpool and Chelsea went out so why couldnt Italians have the right to say, but didnt say that EPL was crap at this time?

Its silly to say these things. Juve and Inter are out and maybe should have done better but this is football, all of a sudden Serie A because of these last 2 weeks is now crap when before these 2 weeks it was quite strong... I dont understand, just help me

Then to say the French league is catching up with Serie A and that italian teams cant attarct big names anymore made me want to throw my remote at the telly. Milan and Juve especially, Inter lesser extent can attract the biggest names if they wanted them, but Juve and Milan dont work like that, they buy players to replace players, they dont buy 5 world class players a season because there isnt enough of them.

This type of thread and Sky Sports (in UK) type of statements makes me angry.

To prove them wrong I just hope Milan beat Barca, luckily or not and Italy give a good world cup.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Rob Edwards said:
If you mean people on here, they did. ;)
I mean the 'experts' within Italy. Maybe they did, someone can let me know, but for sure 'Serie A' has done better in CL this season than 'EPL' so really can you say much about the league based on this comp alone like sky sports was trying?

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Sky Sports are bound to say Serie A is shit, they have the rights to La Liga and EPL games, they don't want people switching over to Bravo and Setanta to watch Serie A.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I never thought of that, very true.

In any case I should learn not to let a nob like Richard Keys upset me.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Like people would even do that - Serie A on channel 4 gave channel 4 the the name Channel 'snore' until they dumped it. Bidding for La Liga over Serie A is not even an issue it is so obvious...

·
Banned
734 Posts
wow for 50 years of being the best league in the world, and after lazio,roma, and parma had finacial problems it kind of dipped down, but roma and fiorentina are making a comeback

how about thread stating "Serie A best league for 50 years, thank you" instead of this crap

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Reaper 7 said:
Like people would even do that - Serie A on channel 4 gave channel 4 the the name Channel 'snore' until they dumped it. Bidding for La Liga over Serie A is not even an issue it is so obvious...
Actually as I read in an english article the other day... channel 4 on a sunday afternoon was the place to be for many people in the 90's when italian football was the best by an absolute long shot.

Now Serie A is even, maybe slightly worse, maybe slightly better than EPL and La Liga!!!

·
Registered
497 Posts
The idalian league is bad... noc cause all that teams got out, but cause a lot of managers likes to play cattanachio ( sorry if i spelled that wrong, i drank too much beer tonight :) )...

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Catenaccio.

Ok yes Milan play catenaccio, so Inter... Juve are the only team you can class as anything near defensive right now. You say anyone else and you dont watch Italian football....

which incidently is the 2nd highest scoring league in Europe behind Bundesliga.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts