Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many times i heard Trappatoni comments after any match saying that he is satisfied with the win, even if the azzuri didn't put much "art" on the field as we (fans) want to !!
and recently Lippi is just repeating these words, agaist Belarus we scored 4 but we let 3 in, and thats not good!! & Lippi was more than satisfied if u can remember!!

The rule also goes for Serie A coaches, i was surprised that recent Juve's display is satisfying a great coach such as capello..
Im sure u heard lots of stuff guys, so am i wrong, or its true that we no more think about our display & we only care about the points, which we've been hardly getting !!

·
Registered
46,395 Posts
First of all, forget Trapattoni, he did not win so he belongs to another thread. :stuckup:

The Italian coaches do what they are requested to do: the Italian supporters want to win no matter whether it's 1-0 with a terrible display and a PK generously conceded by a friendly referee in the loss time.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
During qualyfing, results matter, hardly anyone remembers poor performances as long as we reach major tournaments. Another problem is even smaller nations are are getting better organised and more expirenced, to simply expect us to beat them easily and with great style is no longer becoming an option.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree results are important, especailly in qualifying rounds, Brazil, Argentina, and Netherlands, sometimes England & France(not recently), Spain & Portugal, all these big teams do fine with their results, & put a great CONVINCING display whether home or away..
Don't we have the quality of players it needs? we certainly do!! Then whats the problem, is it too much to ask for us as fans!!
Do u feel satisfied as a fan if ur team win 1-0 with awful display & were lucky to get the 1???

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
No no one does but we got the win and can fix up our performance in the next game. The coach should however be hard on the team and push them to improve, but the team has to peak at the right time or else it will bow out when the games really matter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts