Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HANSA ROSTOCK striker Victor Agali has admitted he will leave the club when his contract expires in the summer and move to another club in the Bundesliga.
Italian giants Roma offered the Nigerian front-man a deal, but Agali has stated his desire to remain in Germany.

"I will play for another two or three seasons in the Bundesliga because I adapted well here and now I know every defender," he said.

"I have had offers from Roma, but I don't wish to go to Italy.

"This is my last season with Hansa Rostock. In June I will move somewhere else in Germany."

Agali was one of the stars for Nigeria during the Olympic games in Sydney last year and he recently won his first full international cap against Zambia.

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Da bad boy of the German leauge :D Heading to Italy? In few years? Already a offer of Roma?

I think Hansa is just the level he should stick with, he isnt a player for a strong club yet, and as far as I have observed him, he isnt so promising that we could expect him playing for a club like Roma in a few years.

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he had his first cap for nigeria. isn't that promising enough? actually I don't really know him. what kind of a striker is he, type amokachi (who is heading for 1860 munich) or more type kanu?

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Hmm, I dont know if you can compare him with one of them... He is mostly know in Germany for his whining, acting etc. here, not his sporty qualities :)

C

·
0 Posts
Psycho

Psycho do you have anything against young African players,
because i read your earlier posting on the Kuffuor transfer issue and that wasn't so encouraging.
I personally believe young African players like Kuffour and Agali deserve every ounce of their respective transfer deals if indeed that is the case. I think they need that exposure in order for them to become world class superstars.
Unfortunately not all the African players in europe are offered such opportunities and consequently most of them fell off into 2nd and 3rd division clubs even before their full potential is realised.
Most soccer fans here will remember the case of ODARTEY LAMPTEY and his generation of players as an example.
The likes of TOTTI and BUFFON( both played in youth competitions as well as the aformentioned LAMPTEY), were given that opportunity to play with the "big" and experienced guys and we all know who they are at the moment.

Let's give our young players the support they need because if we don't nobody else will.

OFCOURSE PSYCHO, DISREGARD THIS POST IF YOU ARE NOT FROM AFRICAN.

[Edited by CHICS on 19-01-2001 at 04:00]

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Re: Psycho

CHICS said:
OFCOURSE PSYCHO, DISREGARD THIS POST IF YOU ARE NOT FROM AFRICAN.
CHICS, you just wasted a fine 10 mins of your time :D

Anyways, dont listen to that Psycho.. I agree to every word and sooner or later he will just watch Kuffour play and cheer for him more than any other player ever ! :D But give him some time, the PSYCHO isnt yet done with his sessions :D

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
I heard now that Agali will leave Hansa for sure, but stay in Germany (how suprising), maybe Hertha? This could be a try for him, a realistic one, Leverkusen or Bayern would be too big, Hertha, huh, difficult, too, but maybe, if he is able to controll his bad attitudes...

No, I am no African, but I dont have anything against African players in particular.

Kuffour is surely very talented, but the problem of him being overmotivated and making stupid tacklings is very well known, and the same about agali and his "bad boy" image...

I can understand that u are very enthusiastic about your players, but I just want to be more realistic (though it is certainly just my subjective oppinion, I may be totally wrong). Btw, if Kuffour stays at Bayern, it would not be so bad, too, I regard Bayern as a better team than Barca, though they may have not the same individual class and play in a less strong league, but at least they dont go out in the first round of the cl)

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Meanwhile Agali was voted Nigeria's footballer of the year. The Hansa Rostock star had polled 283 votes, beating Julius Agbahowa, with 270 to a close second, while the soccer phenomenon, Kanu Nwankwo, got a distant third slot with 115 votes. In Nigeria they already compare him to their legendary striker Yekini. Way to much praise I guess, but it shows he has potential.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts