Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Italy is gifted with many exquisite players(forwards) whom are extremely talented and could make a mark for the National Team. I want to know what you think about some of these forwards, their chances on making the team, their chances on being successful, or their chances on being great for Gli' Azzurri. I am listing the talented Italian forwards, tell me what you think of these players and of their chances of making EURO 2004 or eventually being part of the future Italian squad.

ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO (Juventus)
FRANCESCO TOTTI (Roma)
CHRISTIAN VIERI (Inter)
FILIPPO INZAGHI (Milan)
ANTONIO CASSANO (Roma)
MARCO DI VAIO (Juventus)
FABRIZIO MICCOLI (Juventus)
BERNARDO CORRADI (Lazio)
VINCENZO MONTELLA (Roma)
ANTONIO DI NATALE (Empoli)
ALBERTO GILARDINO (Parma)
DINO FAVA (Udinese)
FABIO BAZZANI (Sampdoria)
FRANCESCO FLACHI (Sampdoria)
ANDREA CARACCIOLO (Brescia)

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO (Juventus) - Great forward on his day, but his day doesnt come often anymore!!!

FRANCESCO TOTTI (Roma) - Well Italy's most important player, joint with Nesta I think

CHRISTIAN VIERI (Inter) - Another important player for Italy, scores goals even when playing bad, but his overall game needs to get back to its best and soon!

FILIPPO INZAGHI (Milan) - Tap-in king but he also does so much running and doesnt let the defenders rest, not sure if Id currently pick him but Ill say in April/May

ANTONIO CASSANO (Roma) - Must go and maybe even must play as he and Totti together are awesome!! Imagine them 2 doing what they do at Roma with Vieri on the end of this!!!

MARCO DI VAIO (Juventus) - When in form he is a great forward, but when he isnt he doesnt seem to score!!! I wouldnt pick him

FABRIZIO MICCOLI (Juventus) - Explosive player and a type of player which may be good to bring on off the bench in this type of tournament
BERNARDO CORRADI (Lazio) - A real target man who wins many aerial balls and ball brilliantly, needs to improve on his finshing though but Id take him

VINCENZO MONTELLA (Roma) - Great finisher and also good at the ball with his feet, if he has a good second half of the season Id consider taking him, for now I dont!!

ANTONIO DI NATALE (Empoli) - Could be a type of player Italy takes to play on th wing, but with Empoli's form it is unlikely he will be taken unless he moves!!!

ALBERTO GILARDINO (Parma) - Good striker but better left with the U21 for now

DINO FAVA (Udinese) - Seems to be a good goalscorer and if he continues his form and gets near the 20 goal mark he may well be taken but it would be a major surprise!!!

FABIO BAZZANI (Sampdoria) - Strong forward and can score goals but wont be taken unless a major injury crisis

FRANCESCO FLACHI (Sampdoria) - Another good skillful kind of forward with good technique but same as Bazzani really in terms of chance of making this tournament

ANDREA CARACCIOLO (Brescia) - Strong but should be left to the U21

1 - 2 of 2 Posts