Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next Thursday 18.00

The question is: should we try? Novellino said that we will try... but Novellino said the same things in the past seasons then the formation was crap, we hardly cared and we were eliminated.
Indeed with a game of serie A just three days later and the thin roster maybe we should concentrate on the Champions League spot rather then losing energies on an improbable comeback from 0-2 in the quarterfinals of Italian Cup.
I think that with Roma (the 7th team in the table) 9 points far and with the chance to get 3 more points (Sampdoria-Atalanta and Roma-Milan) we should field a team full of reserves in the Italian Cup. Something like:

-----------------Turci
Sacchetti---Pavan---Carrozzieri---Pisano
Soddimo----Edusei------Doni----Gasbarroni
------------Roselli-----Inzaghi

·
Registered
822 Posts
Samp should let their XT supporters play this match, it'd be fun. :tongue: I'll play as striker, who wants to go with me up front?

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
I heard that Kutuzov will start with Inzaghi (though I hope that doesn't mean he won't play vs Atalanta..), which would be an improvement, but basically it looks like we're not really taking the cup seriously after the 2-0 loss. Bit of a shame in my opinion as we have a strong history in it and it'd be nice to win something, but then again with us 8 points above Roma in 7th place, it makes sense to put all our resources in making sure we reach Europe via the league, and hopefully get CL.

I hope Doni has a good game, he could do with getting some match fitness and confidence.

·
Registered
46,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know Roy Carrol that well, but with a Carrozzieri-like defender who suffers from backache and an unskilled Zola who does not run ( :D ) at midfield this team sucks.
Unless Lennon can score some goals... :hopefull:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Actually no seen as i am going bald i might try be the new Lombardo, I don't suppose he had a beer belly, i might have to get rid of that.

·
Registered
46,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh my.... Niall Quinn! :pp

----------------Matux
X--------Toni----------X---------X
X--------Mart----------X---------X
---------Lennon--------X

We need 7 good players to balance things.

·
Registered
46,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Back to thread: Palanca will be the referee.

I know I hardly find a good referee but this is a bad one, believe me. :D

Anyway, since the recovery is a "mission impossible" a bad referee could be a good thing. Maybe he could become the crazy variable and unblance the game in our favour with some red cards or PKs.
Maybe he unbalances the game in the favour of Cagliari, of course...
whatever let's just hope that there won't be injuries and that the best players will be kept healthy and fit for the game against Atalanta.

Don't forget to predict!

·
Registered
46,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rumors are that Novellino will adopt 4-4-1-1 with Doni behind Inzaghi.
Flachi and Kutuzov will be kept for the game against Atalanta, Rossini is injured.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
If we play 4-4-1-1, then either Volpi or Palombo pretty much have to play (if Doni is the '1') alongside Edusei; I've heard that we'll stick to 4-4-2 and play Kutuzov and Inzaghi. Anyway, it's fairly meaningless, as the rest of the team will be full of reserves and the chances of us winning with them are vey low.

·
Registered
46,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was very busy and could not watch the game yesterday. The final score was 3-2 and unfortunately we are out.
What was good was the performance of Doni who scored two goals (even if he was sent off later together with Del Nevo), what was bad was the way Esposito was left alone and could score (Zenoni can't mark...). The other goal was scored by Kutuzov.
The starting lineup was a kind of 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 (indeed there is not a big difference): Turci was the goalie, the center backs were Pavan and Sacchetti (!), the side backs were Zenoni on the right flank and Pisano on the left flank, at midfield Volpi and Edusei were the filter, while Gasbarroni, Doni and Kutuzov had to support the forward Inzaghi.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Yeah, shame we're out.

The formation was interesting though - Sacchetti in place of Carrozzieri hopefully means that even Novellino realises the latter is crap, while I'd be interested to see if Doni gets a chance in the league to play just behind the striker after getting two goals. Anyway, it shows that the guy still has class, he just needs to stop being injured all the time!

I'm also getting more and more impressed by Kutuzov, he seems to play well both on the wing and up front, I hope we keep him next year - is he just on loan or do we own half of him?

·
Registered
46,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bogliaschino said:
is he just on loan or do we own half of him?
We own one half of him. It's a pity that his best performance of the season has been in the game against the owners of the other half... :rollani:

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
True, though he probably had a point to prove, seeing that since AC signed him 3 or 4 years ago all they've done is sent him on loan to various places around Europe.

Any idea how much half of him cost?

I'd still be surprised if AC chose to keep him, with Sheva Crespo Inzaghi (and Tomasson) there + Gilardino rumoured to be on the way, but if he keeps on playing well they may be reluctant to seel him outright.. Hopefully Marotta will convince them, Kutuzov seems like the sort of player we should hold on to for the future.

·
Registered
46,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bogliaschino said:
Any idea how much half of him cost?
Right now the cost would be high. I think that the most probable solution will be an agreement for the renewal of the halfshare for one more season.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts