Xtratime Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Round of 64

Next Friday, August 5, 21.15 CEST, the game vs Reggina at Luigi Ferraris in Genova

The referee will be a woman, Maria Sole Ferrieri Caputi

The coach of Reggina is Filippo Inzaghi

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Any predictions?

I can see Thiago Cionek in Reggina squad. A lot of discussion about him in Polish NT we had. Also Transfermarkt says that Mario Situm is a player of Reggina. I remember him playing in Poznań for Lech and he was so poor.

Again I am suprised we are the host. Is there any explanation of this rule in Italy? In Polish Cup (and I guess in many different countries) the team from the lower league is always a home one. It is a gift for a local supporters and a kind of a hanicap for them.

·
Registered
50,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Again I am suprised we are the host. Is there any explanation of this rule in Italy?
yeah, big fish eats small fish.
It's a shame tbh. I thought that they had at least included a draw in order to establish home/away but I see that in this round all the serie A clubs play at home bar Sassuolo... who play at Modena, 30 km far from Sassuolo, a distance which is comparable to the one of the stadium of Sassuolo, in Reggio Emilia, from Sassuolo.

·
Registered
50,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
0-0 at half time

This team needs quality or any team building a wall in front of the goal will just have to worry about the free kicks of Sabiri. Hopefully Djuricic will be enough...

·
Registered
50,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After 60 minutes Giampaolo returned to 4-3-1-2 by replacing Candreva, Léris and Caputo with Verre, Quagliarella and De Luca. Sampdoria benefited of it immediately, thanks to a penalty gained by De Luca and converted by Sabiri.

·
Registered
50,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
1-0 FT

Crazy game. Reggina dominated pretty much from our goal till the end. Luckily one goal of Reggina was disallowed for an offside which would have never been caught without the help of the VAR. Then Audero saved a penalty kick which was caused by the usual defensive calamity whose name is Augello. So once more Sabiri+Audero.

My ratings: Audero 7 - Bereszynski 5, Ferrari 5.5, Colley 6, Augello 5 - Vieira 5.5 - Candreva 5.5, Sabiri 6.5, Rincon 6.5, Léris 5 - Caputo 5

after switching from 4-1-4-1 to 4-3-1-2: De Luca 6, Quagliarella 5, Verre 5, Yepes nv, Murillo nv

·
Registered
50,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
A serie B team with an almost completely new team, plenty of young players, a new coach... who have been working together for just 2 weeks... looked like the better team!
Sampdoria were bad with 4-1-4-1... much worse with 4-3-1-2!

PROS
  • Audero keeps saving penalties
  • a set piece taken by Sabiri can be decisive in any moment and he is a top player (how is it that he was playing for Ascoli at 25?)
  • Rincon might be not good for most of serie A teams but in our team he looks unreplaceable!
  • De Luca is always decisive when coming in

CONS
everything else but let's try a short list
  • Vieira is clearly not good enough. He did some good things but in that position we need someone who is definitely better.
  • the two side backs were run over by the opponents. Again, we are talking about Reggina, a team in the situation I described.
  • Candreva and Léris created very little in attack. Caputo was hardly assisted. The feeling is that this tactical plan with Candreva, Léris and Caputo doesn't work... in spite of Sabiri who would probably suit any tactical plan.
  • Quagliarella was completely useless when coming in.
  • Verre + Giampaolo doesn't work. Verre showed to be excellent when playing in attack, which is what he did at Hellas Verona. Giampaolo considers him a mezzala, which is what Verre had already failed to do with the same Giampaolo before moving to Hellas Verona.

·
Registered
319 Posts
  • We knew Vieira wasn't good enough 3 years ago. That's why he left. Only Giampaolo seems to think he's playable.
  • In that regard Verre is exactly the opposite. He could actually be a decent player for Samp in any circumstance except Giampaolo.

·
Registered
50,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
  • We knew Vieira wasn't good enough 3 years ago. That's why he left. Only Giampaolo seems to think he's playable.
  • In that regard Verre is exactly the opposite. He could actually be a decent player for Samp in any circumstance except Giampaolo.
Luckily he starter will be Villar as soon as he is ready and he can hardly be worse than Vieira.
Regarding Verre, at this point we must hope that he is sold and the club buys a real mezzala. There is no hope that Giampaolo makes a proper use of Verre and I don't think that Giampaolo will be sacked because: 1) the club is already paying D'Aversa's wages and they will hardly pay the wages of three coaches in one season 2) Giampaolo was chosen by the new management and the new management will hardly admit their own failure if they can avoid it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts