Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first game will be at Crotone next Sunday night. It will be broadcasted by Rai Sport, for those who have access to it.
Hopefully Gabbiadini and Caprari recover for the game. Otherwise a possible lineup is the one which started at Parma, maybe with Ekdal instead of Ronaldo Vieira.
Audero - Bereszynski, Murillo, Colley, Murru - Linetty, Ekdal (Ronaldo Vieira), Jankto - Ramirez, Quagliarella, Maroni

·
Registered
40,302 Posts
is it home or away match?

anyway, it should not be tough one for samp. this cup competition is the possible one to reach at least the semifinals.

·
Registered
46,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I love your optimism as much as I hate my pessimism. ;)
We will reach the round of 16 at best, but any round before it is good for going out. Even this one! We will play at Scida in Crotone, a very tough away game, no matter whether we face a serie B. I have yet to check their possible lineup and realize whether it is similar to the one which kicked our ass 4-1 in 2017-2018. It is very likely weakened, but... so is ours!

EDIT: they have kept Cordaz, Barberis, Benali and Simy, who are all pretty good. More, Luca Vido, an interesting young forward, joined them from Atalanta and, last but not least, the former Sampdoria Primavera winger (and Primavera Italian champion 2007/2008) Mattia Mustacchio.

·
Registered
40,302 Posts
I love your optimism as much as I hate my pessimism. ;)
We will reach the round of 16 at best, but any round before it is good for going out. Even this one! We will play at Scida in Crotone, a very tough away game, no matter whether we face a serie B. I have yet to check their possible lineup and realize whether it is similar to the one which kicked our ass 4-1 in 2017-2018. It is very likely weakened, but... so is ours!
:D

yea i'm optimisitic even if we see it difficult on paper to challenge the top italian top 5 teams. but there's always a big chance for most teams in such cup competition. i also that you the secrets of these teams closely more than me especially samp, but who knows? :shades:

my optimism and patience have helping me to see Liverpool UCL and Super european cup Champions :star: :D

EDIT: they have kept Cordaz, Barberis, Benali and Simy, who are all pretty good. More, Luca Vido, an interesting young forward, joined them from Atalanta and, last but not least, the former Sampdoria Primavera winger (and Primavera Italian champion 2007/2008) Mattia Mustacchio.

you have a very good memory to remember those names ;)

·
Registered
40,302 Posts
congrats Toni;)

i’m happy they won and proved you wrong.:D

btw, when will be next round? and what team to play?

·
Registered
46,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The next opponent will be Cagliari at Sardegna Arena on December 5 (Thursday) at 9 PM. The game will be broadcasted by RAI Sport. On December 2 the same game, again at Sardegna Arena, but this time it's a serie A game.

·
Registered
46,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We are out of the Italian Cup after another defeat at Sardinia Arena. Both Cagliari and Sampdoria had their starting lineups filled with reserves. Cagliari easily scored two goals, one at the beginning of each half, then controlled the game, until Gabbiadini came in and scored one for us. We almost equalized near the end when Thorsby (who was considered offside by the referee anyway) managed to waste a huge chance to score, then with a final shot of Gabbiadini, easily saved by Olsen. This game told us once more we have a few very poor players in the roster Ranieri should keep out of the pitch as much as possible.
My ratings:
Audero 6 - Ferrari 5.5 (Regini 5.5), Murillo 5.5, Chabot 5.5, Augello 6 - Léris 5, Vieira 6, Linetty 6.5, Thorsby 5.5 - Caprari 4 (Gabbiadini 7), Maroni 5 (Rigoni 4)

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Is Gabbiadini that bad? He doesn't look terrible whenever I watch you guys (didn't see this one though)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts