53,112 Posts

·
Registered
61,310 Posts
He was quite good at Fiorentina though.

·
Registered
61,310 Posts
I doubt nobody wants him, he would start for most Serie A teams. I believe Lyon wanted him but be rejected them.

Melo was quite good for Fiorentina and a disaster at juve and Inter so I see your point..

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Yep, im sure some clubs will take him, but the question is - why is he so useless? Its often a hyperbole to call someone a serie b level, but in Berna case he literally looks like someone who doesnt belong to Serie A. Maybe he does some things ok in practice, but for more than an year he has been lacking any impact on the pitch.
Melo was psychotic/ dumb,but you can see some talent in him. Berna is meh at best, lolworthy at worst

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Berna is the archetypical generational talent in Italy - soft, low impact, sleepy.
Pirlo is not making Berna or anyone else better, he's making them worse. Gattuso>Pirlo by a country mile at this point. Has Pirlo ever in his life raised his voice above a whisper? What experience in coaching did he bring to the champions of Italy? It has the makings of a major failure.

·
Administrator
53,112 Posts
You blaming the coach for Bernardeschi inept performances? He has been awful for 2 years and has had 3 different coaches (Pirlo has coached him for 2 healthy weeks), all given him chances. Heck Pirlo has alot of faults so far (defenitely screams major failure so far), and one of them is why is he playing Bernardeschi even for a second.

The shocking mistake to gift Verona their only goal, the most retarded pk foul of all time last night, he losses the ball at 95% range in other appearances. He simply needs to be ostracised until is gotten rid of in January. This level of ineptitude is unacceptable for a professional player.

Maybe convince your Roma to sign him if he is so nice? They turned him down in trade talks.

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
What a nightmare week for Serie A clubs in the CL, Inter lose a winnable match at Real, Atalanta lose 0-5, and Lazio may face disciplinary action. Year after year, Serie A fails in Europe. I used to think we would turn things around. Now, I'm not so sure. Just so poor for so many years.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Inter must take at least 7 points in the last three matches and hope that Real or Gladbach drops some points. The chance to progress is still there, but its certainly not great.

Atalanta I think will not make it. The home game against Ajax was key, but unfortunately ended in a draw. Only a win in Amsterdam against Ajax can help Atalanta progress to the next round. It will be mighty tough.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Moise Kean was lively in the first half in PSG vs Leipzig. Assisted Di Maria's goal, and won a penalty. Will hopefully score in the second half.

Lazio with 1-1 against Zenit. Dortmund 3-0 up at half time. Lazio with a good chance to advance to round of 16. Got home matches against Zenit and Brugge left.

·
Registered
61,310 Posts
Inter must take at least 7 points in the last three matches and hope that Real or Gladbach drops some points. The chance to progress is still there, but its certainly not great.

Atalanta I think will not make it. The home game against Ajax was key, but unfortunately ended in a draw. Only a win in Amsterdam against Ajax can help Atalanta progress to the next round. It will be mighty tough.
A 2-2 or 3-3 draw could be enough for Atalanta in Amsterdam assuming the expected results happen, i.e. Ajax and Atalanta get maximum points against the Danes, and 0 points against Liverpool. If Atalanta and Ajax are tied on points, say 8 each, hth decides. Of course if they draw 2-2 in Amsterdam (like in Bergamo), then goal difference decides, so basically Atalanta have to keep the score down at Anfield, and score as many goals as possible in Bergamo against Midtjylland, if so then they can draw 2-2 in Amsterdam and make it on a superior Gd. A 3-3 or 4-4 draw in the Netherlands would qualify Atalanta on hth.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I fear Ajax will manage to take a point at Anfield, because Liverpool will most likely have 12 points by the time they play Ajax, and can therefore afford to take foot off the pedal, and not go all out.

The standing before the last round will probably be,

Liverpool 13
Ajax 8
Atalanta 7

Of course the ball is round, and next couple of rounds may throw some surprises. But I think this will be the most likely scenario.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts