Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 1873 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Torino kick start it today against some team I have never heard of. Torino big faves, but I wouldn't even be surprised if they flopped :pp

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Interesting how Toro will fare without Immobile and perhaps soon without Cerci too. :undecide:

I wish the Italian clubs take the EL seriously for a change. :hopeful:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last year they took it seriously, but still not good enough ;)

·
Registered
23,828 Posts
they meet a Swedish club and Swedish clubs suck super-big time in europe. we are soon on the level of Malta at club level and I am not joking.

·
Registered
259 Posts
These are the types of matches that Italian teams need to win. If Udinese had made it to the group stage of the EL last year, Italy would have outdone Germany in points. Toro hasn't really been a mainstay in Europe like Udinese, so maybe they'll take it more seriously, but I'm worried about their squad. Cerci, Darmian, and Quagliarella are unavailable, so I'm not sure where their quality will come from.

·
Registered
259 Posts
The European adventure for Italian teams is off to a great start thanks to Toro. Johan was right, Swedish teams aren't very good. After Toro went up 3-0, Vives got expelled and Torino had to play the last half hour with 10. Plus the Swedes missed a penalty.

Hopefully they get another win at home and collect the full points before going to the next round!

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
good job toro!!

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Last year
Germany 14.714
Italy 14.166

Now Mainz go out in europa league, whereas torino make it to next round.

into 2nd year of close battle with germany.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hull City barely made it through with a come from behind win 2-1, while Rio Ave from Portugal advanced with a draw today.

Toro is off to a great start, and it looks like they managed to be one of the seeded teams in the next round.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts

·
Registered
23,828 Posts
The Swedes also had a player sent off prior to the goals had been scored. Not doubting the weakness of Swedish clubs, however.
It is all part of the deal. they not only suck, they choke. I think it was Helsingborg that quite recently outplayed Celtic in their qualification, but still missed out. They missed 4 one-on-ones with the keeper!

So missing a penalty and having a player sent off is all part of the plan.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
in other news, the SPL is a joke.

·
Registered
34,453 Posts
Napoli will play Athletic Bilbao for a place in the Group stage of the Champions League, after the Play-off round draw was held.

Tough draw.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tough draw, italian teams dont get much luck of the draw do they? Still winnable

1 - 20 of 1873 Posts