Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know u guys must hate me cause i am Croatian and i went for them over italia, although any of u would of as well, had it been your country

now then

the last game is over...italia still controls thier destiny

mexico is a weak team, bad defence, lousy strikers....there is one man though

Blanco needs to be shut down...tackled early and put out of the game.....or the midfield can just play well shut him down and mexico will be ripe for the picking

trap needs to relise though his 442 is ****e

we need to have

buffon
canna-nesta-maldini
zambrotta-doni-tomassi-coco
totti
montella-vieri

hopefully maldini can p[lay better cause if he doesnt he needs to be benched, saldy all of our great defenders seem to suck esp materazzi.
nesta needs to be fit or else they just miugh crumble

Lav

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Nobody hates you, Lav. :) Croatia played a good game, nobody denies that. The Italian fans are just furious at the ref's lousy decisions, that's all.

But you're right, we need to look forward to the Mexico game and hope to get a positive result from there.

Does anyone have any news on Nesta's injury?

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Jun-Lei said:
Does anyone have any news on Nesta's injury?
Nesta 'very doubtful' for crunch Mexico match

IBARAKI, Japan, June 8 (Soccerway) - Italy defender Alessandro Nesta is considered very doubtful for his country's do-or-die World Cup Group G battle with Mexico in Oita on Thursday.

The 26-year-old, considered one of the world's top defenders, had to limp out of the 2-1 defeat by Croatia after just 24 minutes with a bruised foot after he was caught by an opponent's studs.

"We will do everything possible to get him ready," said team doctor Andrea Ferretti after the match. "But from my experience I would say it is very difficult."

Even victory against Mexico would not ensure Italy go through to the second phase and the absence of Nesta would be a bitter blow against Mexico.

The Mexicans beat Croatia 1-0 in their opener and line up against Ecuador on Sunday in their second match.

Italy coach Giovanni Trapattoni said that he felt Nesta's injury - which came with the score at 0-0 - had unsettled his team.

"We know a change like that in a game like this can make things difficult," said Trapattoni.

"Tomorrow we will see (with Nesta) and evaluate - I have four days before I will have to make a decision."

- We really need Nesta to be ready for that match...today we saw what will happen if he´s not there.:(

Ciao,
Tommi

·
Registered
674 Posts
Good Luck Italy against Mexico.

I suggest you be ready for a full game of dirty play, late tackles, stepped on hands and feet and little chippy fouls and trips when the ref is looking elsewhere. A typical Mexican National game!

Even though they are from our region, please feel free to beat them 5-0!:)

Oldplayer

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Tritolo said:
In case if it is a tie:

1. Points
2. Goal difference
3. Goals scored
4. Head-to-head points
5. Head-to-head goal difference
6. Head-to-head goals scored
7. Lot (lottery, drawn out of a hat)
Damn, damn, damn...:stress:

FT: Mexico 2-1 Ecuador :( But thank god, Mexico didnt scored more.:happy:

Real Standings before final two matches (Italia-Mexico and Croatia-Ecuador)

1. Mexico 6 points 3-1
2. Italia 3 points 3-2
3. Croatia 3 points 2-2
4. Ecuador 0 points 1-4

So...here is little speculation about how things can go:

Italia-Mexico 2-1
Croatia-Ecuador 3-1

1. Croatia 6 points 5-3 (wins, because of rule numbers 4, 5 and 6)
2. Italia 6 points 5-3
3. Mexico 6 points 4-3
4. Ecuador 0 points 2-7

Italia-Mexico 1-1
Croatia-Ecuador 2-1

1. Mexico 7 points 4-2
2. Croatia 6 points 4-3
3. Italia 4 points 4-3
4. Ecuador 0 points 2-6

and finally what i think will happen:

Italia-Mexico 2-0
Croatia-Ecuador 2-0

1. Italia 6 points 5-2
2. Croatia 6 points 4-2
3. Mexico 6 points 3-3
4. Ecuador 0 points 2-8

Ciao,
Tommi

EDIT:

Italia-Mexico 1-0
Croatia-Ecuador 2-0

1. Croatia 6 points 4-2 (Croatia wins this group, because of rules 4, 5 and 6)
2. Italia 6 points 4-2
3. Mexico 6 points 3-2
4. Ecuador 0 points 1-6

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I have great faith in the Italian defense against Mexico. They'll be reall awake this time against an average strike force. Watching Mexico against Ecuador, okay they dominated but Ecuador sucks ass in the first place. The only great player in the Mexican team is Rafael Marquez, but if we play two strikers, Vieri and either Inzaghi or Montella can create havoc for their defense.

2-0 for us. It'll be hard as Mexico plays with a lot of passion but we are just technically superior

·
International
8,545 Posts
I think you're wrong about one thing Tritolo, Italy only needs a 1-0 win over Mexico to advance, maybe not win the group but to advance.

Right now, Italy is on a +1 and Mexico is on a +2. As a result, a one goal victory for Italy will make them +2 and a one goal loss for Mexico will make them +1.

Thereby ensuring your entrance into the second round.

So if you beat Mexico, which is likely, it'll only be a matter of whether you finish first or second in the group.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Thanks IVO...Yeah i was wrong...my head just went crazy, because all this calculating.:) I already edited my post...

Ciao,
Tommi

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
The equation is simple, any win for Italy would put it through to the second round.

If Italy wins 1-0 vs Mexico, and Croatia wins 1-0 vs Ecuador then Italy would finish top, with Mexico and Croatia tied on goal difference and goals scored, so Mexico would go through on head to head.

A 2-0 to Croatia and a 1-0 win for Italy over Mexico means Italy and Croatia will progress.

Believe it or not, Ecuador can still finish second.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Italy has to prove they are worth to be worldchampions. I think the players will play with the same determination as against Ecuador. Concidering Nesta to be injured:

----------- Buffon

---- Pannucci ---- Cannavaro ---- Maldini

Zambro --- Tommasi --- DI Biagio --- Coco

-------------- Totti

-------- Vieri ------ Del Piero

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
I really dont see neither Montella or Del Piero starting over Inzaghi.

But I do agree that Panucci will probably start in a 3 mens deffence if Nesta is not ready. If Nesta is ready then Trap will probably send Panucci to the left wing back position, wich I really hope doesnt happen. Panucci on the left wing back that is, and not Nesta being out. Also Doni could be prefered over Di Biagio any time, as Trap seems to be weak for him aswell. Although I think his tactical sense wont allow him to do so this time.

Probable lineup :

---------------------Buffon-------------------------

-------Cannavaro----Nesta----Maldini--

--Zambrotta--Tommasi---Di Biagio------Panucci

-----------------------Totti-------------------

---------------Vieri------------Inzaghi

Prefered lineup :

-----------------------Buffon----------------------

-------Cannavaro----Nesta----Maldini--

--Zambrotta--Tommasi---Di Biagio------Coco

-----------------------Totti-------------------

---------------Vieri------------Montella

A win is all Italy need to prceed, and I think the 3 points is all Italy should concentrate about.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
One goal enough for Italy

Group G remains in the balance as despite winning both their opening games, Mexico are still not assured of qualification.

Following this morning’s result – Mexico-Ecuador 2-1 – Italy now know what it is they need to do in order to go through to the second round.

The Azzurri must beat Mexico by one clear goal in the deciding match next Thursday. Currently Italy have a goal difference of +1 (3 scored, 2 conceded), while Mexico are on +2 (3 scored, 1 conceded).

A win would automatically put Italy ahead of Mexico in the standings as although both would end on 6 points, it would lower the Central American goal difference.

However, even a draw could be enough for Giovanni Trapattoni’s men if Croatia should fail to beat Ecuador in their final clash.

In this case scenario, Mexico would win the Group with 5 points, followed by Italy and Croatia on 4. The Azzurri would take second place on goal difference.

Croatia have a goal difference of 0 (scored 2, conceded 2), while Ecuador are virtually – if not mathematically – out of the running with a –3 goal difference (4 conceded, 1 scored).

In a worst case scenario, Italy could plausibly lose to Mexico and still qualify in second place.

If Ecuador beat Croatia then all three teams would finish level on 3 points. Goal difference again comes into play and if Italy do not lose by more than one clear goal and Ecuador do not beat Croatia by more than three, the Azzurri would qualify.

As the current goal difference is Italy +2, Croatia 0 and Ecuador –3, even losing to Mexico by 2 clear goals could still see them through based on Ecuador lowering Croatia’s average.

Both games will be played on Thursday at 12.30pm BST.

Scenarios:

- Italy beat Mexico AND Croatia beat Ecuador – Italy and Croatia qualify

- Italy beat Mexico AND Croatia fail to beat Ecuador – Italy and Mexico qualify

- Italy beat Mexico AND Ecuador beat Croatia by three clear goals – Italy and Ecuador qualify

- Italy draw with Mexico AND Croatia draw with Ecuador – Italy and Mexico qualify

- Italy draw with Mexico AND Croatia beat Ecuador – Mexico and Croatia qualify

- Italy draw with Mexico AND Ecuador beat Croatia – Italy and Mexico qualify

- Italy lose to Mexico AND Croatia beat Ecuador – Mexico and Croatia qualify

- Italy lose to Mexico AND Croatia draw with Ecuador – Mexico and Croatia qualify

- Italy lose to Mexico by less than 2 clear goals AND Ecuador beat Croatia by less than three clear goals – Mexico and Italy qualify

- Italy lose to Mexico by more than 2 clear goals AND Ecuador beat Croatia by three clear goals – Mexico and Ecuador qualify.

Ciao,
Tommi

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Italy will need to come out swinging against Mexico because Mexico know that they will go through on a draw and could still go through if they suffer a narrow loss against us assuming Croatia don't beat Ecuador by more than 1 goal.

They will play counter attack football which won't suit us.

As a result, Trap will need 3 forwards. That is, Totti-Vieri-????

My biggest concern is that Materazzi sucked against Croatia and maybe the better alternative is Iuliano if Nesta is still injured. I would use Iuliano if he is faster than Materazzi (he looked slow). Speed will be important against the counter attack. The other alternative is to play Maldini in the centre with Coco as left back.

One thing is that Zambrotta had a great game against Croatia.

I think Italy will play like this:

________________BUFFON_______________

PANUCCI___CANNA_____IULIANO___MALDINI

___TOMASSI___DI BIAGGIO___ZAMBRO_____

_________________TOTTI_______________

____________INZAGHI___VIERI___________

·
Registered
4 Posts
i think trapa should play vieri n inzaghi against mexico...............inzaghi is dangerous n vieri would have a defender less on him...............if indeed we do need 2 come back from a goal down or something!:( ...........then we could probably play del piero and totti with vieri and inzaghi in front...........montella could replace any of em 2..................maybe we could even play all of em:D

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well having watched mexico many times i will break em down

The defence is slow and vunerable to pace

the brightesest spot is the defisnve mid torrado who scored the winner vs ecuador, he is a tough guy

the attack should be nothing for canna, all that needds to happen is tommassi needs to take blanco out of the game and canna needs to mark borghettii and it will be over

mexico is predicatble as hell the game plan is give it to blanco and feed off his creativity

the goalie is prone to making good saves :D ;) despite how bad croatia played vs mexico they had 3 brilliant chances a 5 min suker header that had GOL all over it but perez stopped it, he did the same to an even better soldo header, and finnaly he saved a close range simunic effort

he needs to be streched as he was by delgado's header

all in all italia will need 3 upfront cause toraddi will mark totti out of the game, so we need more sparks

Lav

·
Registered
384 Posts
GUARANTEES FOR ITALY- MEXICO:

1) inzghi will start and cause at least one penalty shot as the refs will be forewarned for this game and inzaghi will easily understand what to do

2) di livio will play in this game because trap is easily the biggest idiot

hopefully italy scores early and 2 by the half time; then trap has an awakening and decides to sub off very for montella or inzaghi for del piero so the meican defence gets phucked up.....mexico will be planned to stop vieri so after the first half put on montella who will destroy that team....

i should start praying now

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Lav said:

mexico is predicatble as hell the game plan is give it to blanco and feed off his creativity

Italy is also predictable as hell, so that kind of evens them out. ;)

Italy is obviously superior is almost every category, but Mexico is a tough team that is never easy to beat in the big events. And to top it off, Mexico never gets any credit or respect from the bigger powers and almost always manages to put in a good game and often takes the result. Underestimating Mexico's ability to grind out a result is a mistake.

As far as the match, I am hoping for whatever is needed to get Mexico and Italy through. Italy need at least a point and if Ecuador can finally play a decent match, then they can help out. I'm not holding out for that, however, as Ecuador have been lousy.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Oh no poor Trap, he will have to completly revolutionise his formation and tactics for this game: We will have to attack.

The choices are simple really:

OUT

Doni
Zanetti

IN

Di Biagio
Montella
Iuliano if Nesta is unfit.

Revert to 3-4-1-2.

Simple.

·
Registered
384 Posts
we have faced our adversity (which is a good thing from yesterday's deabcle) so hopefully italy will be focused and not complacent and be headed towards lifting the trophy on june 30th.....

.............buffon...............
cannavaro.....nesta......maldini
zambrotta...di biagio....tommasi....panucci
....................totti.....................
.........vieri..............inzaghi

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Hello boys.....

Forza Italia!:tongue: ;) :D

Just kidding....................

I´ll hope you beat the crap out of Mexico-boys. So we neighbours advance and go far this year.:) :) :)

1 - 20 of 152 Posts