Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think? Zoff's squad is in complete disarray, and they're looking to pull it together against Portugal on the 26th.

I'm predicting a 2-1 victory by Portugal: goals by Sa Pinto & Pauleta. S. Inzaghi for Italia.

Thoughts? Predictions?

·
International
5,629 Posts
I don't know about this match...As much as I despise the Italian Select team (they are so boring to watch, they remind me of Paraguay in the WC) all defense (very good btw) and counter with their very good strikers. Their midfield will be overmatched against ours. They were completely outplayed by the Spaniards so, I don't know. I would love for Portugal to put on show, and beat them something like 5-0, but I will predict a 1-1 draw. Goals by Del Piero and of course the god that is FIGO!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vieri's out for the match, and Zoff's been experimenting with a lot of different defenders. I think Rui Costa & Figo are going to be too much for their defense.

I'm sticking by my 2-1 prediction.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Portugal's squad versus Italia next Wednesday:

Costinha (Mónaco), Abel Xavier (Everton), Figo (Barcelona), Capucho e Jorge Costa (FC Porto), Rui Costa (Fiorentina), Fernando Couto e Sérgio Conceição), Paulo Sousa (Parma), Dimas (Standard Liége), Pauleta (Corunha), Paulo Bento (Oviedo), Sá Pinto (Real Sociedade), Quim (Sp. Braga), João Pinto e Nuno Gomes (Benfica), Beto, Rui Jorge e Vidigal (Sporting) e Pedro Espinha (V.Guimarães).

Welcome back Paulo Sousa! I wonder if Quim will get a look?

And as an added bonus for all you sports fans out there - here's the youth squad for the game on the 25th:

Emanuel, Litos e Mário Silva (Boavista), Bruno Caires (Tenerife), Jorge Andrade (Est.Amadora), Nuno Espírito Santo (Mérida), Diogo, Sousa e Veríssimo (Alverca), Rui Miguel (Paços de Ferreira), Hilário e Ricardo Silva (FC Porto), Carlitos (Gil Vicente), Agostinho (Málaga), João Tomás e Maniche (Benfica) e Roberto Pinto (Estugarda).

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was just looking at this list again. When's the last time that Sporting had the most representatives on the squad? What a difference a year makes!

FORCA PORTUGAL! :)

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I got a feeling this match will be 0-0 :( because thats how Italy always plays. Defensively and boring. Its like an unwritten rule of football.
I HOPE Portugal destroys Italy 5-0 :) If its ever to be done its now. Dont think I've ever seen Italy in such lousy shape.

------------------
SEMPRE VIOLA!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts