Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are playing Romania with the Olympic squad on the 22nd in our final match before the Olympics

I would go with

------------------Viviano
De Silvestri----Coda----Criscito----De Ceglie
------Nocerino----Cigarini----Montolivo
-------------Rossi--------Giovinco
----------------Acquafresca

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just wanted to remind you guys that this match is today in case you didn't notice it already :)

·
Administrator
52,980 Posts

·
Administrator
52,980 Posts
Giuseppe Rossi just scored :)

Btw Marlo, your starting eleven is basically playing except Montolivo and Aqcuafresca arent playing, instead its Marchisio (who seriously needs a hair cut :pp) and Rocchi.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think Montolivo is ''injured'' :pp, and yes, Marchisio does need a hair cut :howler:

I think we played an okay first half........De Silvestri has been pretty bad in defense while in midfield I think our best player has been Marchisio with Rossi and Giovinco beening our best in attack (as usual), but nothing special yet except for they linked up pretty well near the end of the first half a few times :)

·
Administrator
52,980 Posts
Yeah the magical duo as usual, with Rossi being more dangerous (though they work extremely well together and Gio had a good shot).

And yeah, in general, an ok not that eventful first half, no standouts except that above duo, and Marchisio being real good, liked his nice heel kick to Gio. Really, its hard to cathogarize the type of midfielder Marchisio is, he is so well rounded in an unique way.

And typical Montolivo is out when he is the one I wanted to see the second most (guess whos most? :pp). Rocchi should be subbed btw, doesnt really fit in so much with them so far.

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
It must be funny to see an older player like Rocchi (who looks even older with his bald head) with all the youngsters.

Anyway, about categorizing Marchisio: I won't ask that someone does but is he soft?

·
Administrator
52,980 Posts
Nah he isnt, actually quite combative when needs be, thats exactly what makes him harder to fit with some stereotype (he is quite allround excellent).See the amount of times he goes aggressive with his tackling/challengers here:

[tub]hkvq-bljy_Q[/tub]

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the guys who will be cut are clear, Ranocchia, Russotto, Sirigu and Candreva which is really too bad in Candreva's case. This guy is a very interesting and versatile player (can play on the wing or CM) and he always shows something when he has played for the Azzurrini

I like Rocchi but calling him up as our only over age player was pointless..........oh well

·
Administrator
52,980 Posts
Yeah, Russotto was really NOT good. Little to no end game. Has zero shot to make the cut when the likes of Abate is his competition for the backup role. Thats how one should have an impact when coming on, beating your man and making crosses and being bit dangerous, even if most of his efforts didnt work out for him.

Candreva is good, but when the likes of Marchisio and Dessena will be on the bench prolly, and there is Montolivo on the squad, there is little room for him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts