Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, after Russia, Slovenia, Poland and Croatia have commited common suicide for eastern european soocer, I think it was good, that we had not qualified for the WC2002.

We would not have done better.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
WC is a type of competition that brings out the best & the worst out of a team.

The question is, IF we were there, which one would have happened?

I guess we'll never know;)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Guess the Dutch must think the same.. Though I think they could have done ok - but when you don't qualify you don't deserve to be at the WC...

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
I think we could have done quite well if we did qualify, better than teams like Poland, Russia, Slovenia, Croatia, etc.
I'm quite sure if we were in one of their groups, we would have gone on
But hey, its even better that we didn't go, now we can learn from other's mistakes and hope in the future not to make the same ones
I think our team will grow from this experience, and hopefully they will come out with more heart and desire to win and advance to Euro 2004 in the qualifiers

NAPRED PLAVI! :D

·
Registered
404 Posts
It all depends on what group we would have been in ... we would have done better than some teams out there.

·
Registered
25,267 Posts
hypothetically speaking if we had topped our group we would have been in group H, maybe the easiest, we would hav equite a lot of support in Japan because Piksi was a legend and we gained a lot of support because of him. I think tht we would have qualified comfortably from that group and would beat Turkey and then it would be Sweden or Senegal in the 1/4 finals.

Magic#10 you mean like Denmark didn't deserve to be at Euro '92, you know who should of though don't you?

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
Petkovic has no clue

In fact two of the teams he says you would have been better than were in your own qualifying group-Russia and Slovenia. I guess he doesn't follow soccer enough to even know who was in which qualifying group...oh well, no one ever accused Petkovic of being a smart guy...:D

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
Your a fool Oluja
What does it matter that those two teams finished ahead of us, we beat Russia later on and we can beat them anytime, there are many reasons my we didn't beat them in the qualifiers, but I won't get into that
As for Slovenia, what does it matter that they finished ahead of us, they had a little luck, and we didn't, they went on, and we didn't
Its quite simple
But I guess you think whoever goes on is the better team
In that case I guess we are better than Croatia and Ireland, cause remember Euro 2000 qualifiers?
YUGOSLAVIA
IRELAND
croatia

Enough said :D

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Well, you'll have your chance to show what you can do against Italy over the next year....

Good Luck! and you too Petko.;)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Oluja, sorry ... the Croatian team this year has been among the worst team, if not the worst team in the World Cup. A win against Italy, in which 2 goals were disallowed for Italy does not prove a thing. I think that we certainly would have done better against Ecuador and against Mexico, where you guys really looked clueless.

Anyways, at least the Serbian fans have had the class not to jump into Croatian forums and start celebrating their World Cup embarassment.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Oh and btw ... the Russian team is just horrible , if we had anyone who knew how to finish we would have run over those guys but because of people like Kezman, Drulic, Mijatovic and Milosevic in the attack we manage to lose games which we totally control.

Slovenia is not really bad ... I think the fact that the coach announced his early resignation, and that Zahovic was sent home ruined the team's chemistry. They definately did not play up to their potential.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Yeah, the Croatian team is just as bad as France, Argentina and Portugal.... except for the fact that Croatia was able to beat a soccer power regardless of the circumstances...

:cool:

·
Registered
404 Posts
:D

Now you're starting to compare yourself to France , Argentina and Portugal ... well this is getting great, keep it coming ;)

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
It's just my oppinion, no matter how strongly you may want to disagree with me..;)

Everybody is entitled to their oppinion aren't they?

But we are straying off topic aren't we... I appologize.

Topic at hand, how would have Yugoslavia have done had they made the WC??

Well, sure if you got into a decent group you may have been able to get out of the group. There is no way of telling for sure since Yugo never made it...

Euro Championships may be a place where our teams may square off. Until then, lets hope the quality of World Soccer improves because there has been some awful(sp) soccer played in this World Cup.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Super Cro ... I was just joking around, wasn't trying to rub anything into your face ;)

Anyway ... I agree with most of your points, and we'll see each other in Portugal hopefully.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Euro Championships may be a place where our teams may square off. Until then, lets hope the quality of World Soccer improves because there has been some awful(sp) soccer played in this World Cup.
Maybe in the final?! ;)

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
i hesitate between despair and admiration. despair when i see how the "superpowers" behaved and admiration for the suppposed "football third world" teams... france, argentina, italy were ugly (though italy is always...)... corea is great i mean for instance, japan was good too. senegal is impressive. shiiiiit! even macedonia could have won that WC...;)

·
Registered
25,267 Posts
You know football is going crazy when ireland are unlucky, italy are giving away 1 goal leads and football is making the top story on US news.:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Its fair to say both CROATIA and Yugo like many other teams need to re-build for the future,gone are the older classier generation.

As for Yugo,it makes no sense saying you would have done this or that in a tournament held only 6 months after failure to qualify and probably involving the same old players who could not even beat Slovenia excluding all the excuses.

As was the case at Euro 2000 for Croatia.

As i have stated before realistically qualifying and the experiences gained is an achievement for CROATIA and that finishing in 3rd place in France 98 was a magnificent achievement but unfortunately set too high a benchmark and false expectations amongst some of our supporters.

Even so we did not deserve to progress due to our defensive tactics and we will learn from this and become better.Attacking football is what should be rewarded.

AJMO VATRENI IDEMO U PORTUGALU 2004...

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
saying we would have done this or that is just joking. kidding about ourselves in particular!

we were kicked out of this world cup in the qualifs because we had to many (incompetent) coaches missing easy targets. without stability a NT is nothing. whoever you put on the pitch.
it doesn't matter if you are brazil, france, italy or argentina. star teams! let me laugh... get humbleness and stop underrating thirld world ffotball nations.
in my opinion, it isn't worth going to a world cup when you are
kicked out of the world cup in the first round. 1/8 finals is the worst thing you can expect. especially when you are argentina or france, even croatia. of course, you cannot know that before...
but it's ridiculous to say : " we did nothing in this world cup (apart being ridiculous) but we were !"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts