Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The club have made the following announcement.

-----------------------------------------
In accordance with Rule 2.10 of the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers, the Club confirms that it has 34,823 ordinary shares of £5 each in issue. There are no other relevant securities in issue.
The Liverpool Football Club and Athletic Grounds PLC

5th December 2004.
-----------------------------------------

Usually means a significant number of shares have, or, are about to change hands.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Put the shares in my hand
and Ill make you unbeateable.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Hi CR..

Why are u so concerned that Morgan does not take over? I remember u didn't like the idea of turning LFC into a PLC.. which is one of the expected moves Morgan would make.. any other ones?

·
Registered
170 Posts
yasir,

morgan's move is basically a gimmick to buy up a large part of lfc well under current market value. right now, one share can be bought at 4k quid. he was going to do a 1-10 split, making each share cost 400 quid. then, he was going to underwrite the issuance of the shares that are not sold yet at 175 quid, with only a very small percentage being made available for purchase to the fans. morgan may be a red through and through, but his bid would be horrible for the club, because it would provide a very small initial investment and nothing more in the future.

i also don't like the way he's gone about conducting his business through the media. that's not lfc style.

-p

·
International
1,878 Posts
This will be good news out of the bad indeed. Despite Morgan's show and dance at the AGM, Moores has snubbed his attempts and gone for the American consortium instead. This simply goes to show the amount of trust Moores and Parry have in Morgan.

Hopefully, the cash injection from the Americans will bring some relief to the finances of our club (including the funds for our new stadium plans) with some loose change for Rafa to play around.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yasir

There was a vote (in principle) at the AGM on the groundshare, Parry and Moores voted without question against sharing.

Morgan abstained.

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Oh..

Thanks guys for the explanations..

I for one would've gone for Morgan due to his support and affection to the club.. but a takeover that wouldn't result in VERY positive financial results isn't needed..

·
Registered
170 Posts
morgan may proclaim love for the club, but his actions say different.

-p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts