Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
15:33 - +++ Mancini nuovo tecnico della Lazio +++

E' stata ufficializzata oggi la nomina di Roberto Mancini a nuovo allenatore della Lazio. Lo ha deciso il consiglio d'amministrazione della societa' annunciando che domani il nuovo tecnico biancoceleste sara' presentato alla stampa. Il patron della Lazio, Sergio Cragnotti, si legge in una nota, ''dopo aver ringraziato l'allenatore Alberto Zaccheroni
per l'impegno profuso nel corso della stagione appena conclusa, ha spiegato i motivi che hanno reso necessaria la nomina di un nuovo responsabile tecnico della prima squadra''. Roberto Mancini si e' legato alla Lazio con un contratto biennale.

Fonte/source: Ansa

The nomination of Ronerto Mancini as Lazio coach has been made official. It was decided by Lazio board, which announced that the new coach will be presented tommorow at a press conference. The owner of Lazio Sergio Cragnotti, as it is said in the announcement,"after thanking coach Alberto Zaccheroni for what he has done during the season that just ended, explained the motives that made the new appointment necessary". Roberto Mancini signed a two-year contract.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BENTORNATO MANCIO!

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
I can only second that:)

He has two years to create something out of the team. Hopefully he will be given a chance to work on the team & not preasurised to achieve immidiately. Knowing Crag this is less likely to happen.

·
Registered
672 Posts
navigator said:
Hello Serie B!

With Mancini, Lazio will be fighting relegation next season.

Mark my words.
No thanks, what will happen when I scroll down or go to another site? Only a marked line will remain on my screen!!

:howler:

·
International
6,519 Posts
Well, I don't know.

I would be more satisfied if we got Trappatoni as our coach, cause I am still scared if Mancio really has it yet ?

I hope he will not try 3-5-2 next season, but stick to 4-4-2 or 4-5-1. AT least that's what he saw working with Lazio 2 years ago ...

·
Registered
480 Posts
Mancini new Lazio boss - official

Mancini new Lazio boss - official Thursday 9 May, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lazio have confirmed that Roberto Mancini has been appointed as the new Coach of the Serie A giants.

The former Sampdoria and Lazio player has signed a two-year deal and replaces Alberto Zaccheroni who has been sacked less than a year after taking over from Dino Zoff.

The Lazio board met today and agreed that a change in Coach was necessary after the disappointing season that the capital outfit have had.

Zaccheroni, who only arrived in Week 4, failed to turn the Biancocelesti into the superpower that their President had hoped for and only ended the season with a place in the UEFA Cup.

This is Mancini’s second stint in management following his spell at Fiorentina. That ended prematurely this season after he quit amongst the Viola’s financial and relegation hit campaign.

The former Italian international, highly popular with the Lazio fans, should be presented to the Press on Friday.

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
navigator said:
Hello Serie B!

With Mancini, Lazio will be fighting relegation next season.

Mark my words.
Porracio! Torna a Milanello!

·
Registered
355 Posts
ROBERTO MANCINI FACTFILE

1964: Born on November 27, Jesi, Italy.

1981: Makes debut for Bologna as 17-year-old and goes on to score nine goals in 30 matches in 1981/82 season.

1982: Signs for Sampdoria and begins 15-year love affair with then-Serie A club. Scores four goals in 22 matches in his first season.

1985: Helps Samp to Coppa Italia triumph.

1988: Wins second Coppa Italia.

1989: Wins third Coppa Italia.

1989/90: Reaches double figures for first time in his career, scoring 11 goals in 31 games, but is a loser as Barcelona beat Samp 2-0 in European Cup Winners' Cup final in Gothenburg.

1991: Sampdoria win Scudetto for first time in club's history, with Mancini hitting 12 goals and forging lethal partnership with 19-goal Gianluca Vialli.

1992: Suffers disappointment as Samp lose 1-0 to Barcelona at Wembley in European Cup final.

1994: Wins fourth Coppa Italia with Samp.

1996/97: Scores 15 goals in 33 Serie A games, equalling his best haul, before signing for Lazio.

1998: Helps Lazio to Coppa Italia win.

1999: Wins second European title of his career as Lazio defeat Real Mallorca 2-1 in Birmingham, England.

1999/2000: Fails to score in 20 matches as Lazio win Scudetto and Coppa Italia and announces playing retirement after career which saw him represent Italy 36 times.

Joins Lazio's coaching staff as Sven-Goran Eriksson's number two.

2001: January 9 - Eriksson, under pressure after a string of poor results, resigns and Mancini announces he will follow the coach out of the Stadio Olimpico, against wishes of president Sergio Cragnotti.

2001: Decides to make playing comeback with Leicester City in English Premiership and makes five appearances for club.

February 26 - Fiorentina coach Fatih Terim resigns and club president Vittorio Cecchi Gori announces he wants Mancini to take over. However, he does not have a Serie A coaching badge and the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) announce they will meet to decide whether dispensation can be given.

March 7 - FIGC president Gianni Petrucci overrules technical committee recommendations and gives Mancini permission to take over as Fiorentina coach with immediate effect.

June 13 - Earns first coaching honour as Fiorentina beat Parma 2-1 over two legs of Coppa Italia final.

August 19 - Fiorentina, having been forced to sell best players in close season because of financial debts, lose 3-0 to Roma in Supercoppa.

August 26 - Lose season opener 2-0 to Serie A newcomers Chievo Verona.

September 20 - Judge refuses to declare club bankrupt.

2002: January 6 - Lose 3-1 at home to Perugia.

January 7 - Cecchi Gori refuses to accept Mancini's resignation at extraordinary general meeting.

January 11 - Resigns as Fiorentina coach with club second-bottom of Serie A.

May 9 - Lazio part with Alberto Zaccheroni and appoint Mancini as new coach.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Lazio axe Zaccheroni and bring Mancini back

Thursday 9 May 2002

Lazio has parted with coach Alberto Zaccheroni and named Roberto Mancini as his replacement.

Mancini, 37, the former Fiorentina coach, returns to Rome where he spent time as a player, and an assistant to Sven Goran Eriksson.

Lazio spokesman Laura Zaccheo told PA International: "Lazio will hold a press conference tomorrow at 1600 to introduce Roberto Mancini as Lazio coach. Mancini has signed a two-year contract."

·
Registered
18 Posts
mmm... seems i am the first one to be happy with Mancini...

maybe lazio is his team, look at Ajax with Ronald Koeman...
maybe mancini can do beautifull things with lazio...

time will tell, the only thing that confirms my thoughts is my good feeling about him...

have some faith in the guy!

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Forza Mancio! :happy:

I am very happy to see Mancini appointed. There is a huge difference in coaching a team that wants him, the players want him, and the players are actually getting paid! :rolleyes:

He is still raw but he was a great player, a great leader, and someone who has been in Serie for over 20 years. He worked with Eriksson alot and has learnt from all his years in the league.

I hope he is given a chance to build the team and get the players he wants (ironic that he wanted Adriano all along and when he left Viola, Adriano came and was probably their best player!).

Forza Mancio! Forza Lazio!

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
I'm very happy that Mancio has been appointed. Although he is inexperienced I am pretty sure he will do good at Lazio. He learned from Sven Göran Eriksson and I belive he will coach in the same way. Furthermore, Mancini is bringing in the old staff which was fired when Zac was appointed. It's very exciting and I'm really looking forward to the new season.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts