Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I am crushed and I am thinking of something to do, so I can forget about this disaster...............

I dunno....we were unlucky today? or its just that we have no good team and we were fooling ourselves....its just need a remedy now.....

I need a vacation no doubt.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
It's like waking up from a beautiful dream, then found our selved trapped in the hell. Sad, but couldn't do anything, couldn't turn back the time.....just crying, kicking the wall like a mad man :(:(:(
We've waited so impatiently for this wc to come, i thought i could spent this summer watching Argentina kick ass, but i was wrong. I even lost my desire to watch the rest matches of wc

·
Registered
8 Posts
Argentina played bad. Sweden was even worse, but if Argentina isn`t better than this we have no reason to complain. Veron, Ortega and Simeone among others are very much overrated. Aimar is the only player that impressed me. He showed skill and is a GREAT player. I havent seen these players too much since I live in Norway (next to Sweden), but when I have heard you guys talking about their skill I have expected MUCH MORE than this! Sweden are a bad team, and a really good team have no problems of beating Sweden. Bielsa didn`t impress me as a leader either. He looked stressed all the time!!! And did some very strange tactical changes.

VIVA El Diego, Aimar and ROMI!!

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I think we're all crushed. Feel like I'm in mourning...but as bad as things get in life, we always have to look forward to better days. We should have won today but we have accept our fate.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
What I don't want to do right now is take is well and accept what happened.

I've never been to war as a member of an attacking force, but if any of you guys wanna attack Sweden; Give me a call I'm in.

What I don't wanna hear today is some telling me it's just football.

I really hope that Senegal and Denmark well kill Sweden and Englands dreams.

Well at least England didn't play the 6-3-0-1 for 90 min, only for 25-30 min, but Sweden ***k off, breake a leg.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sweden was lucky

Sweden has got to be the luckiest team in the world cup. I believe they are the worst team in the group, yet they managed to get through on top. With us, we hit their post about four times but the ball would not just go in. I am still pinching myself to believe that the best two teams in the group are out.

No matter how hard any other animal tries, it can never soar to the heights of the eagle

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
no sweden was the bet team in the group they finished first, thats all that matters. They played good counter attcking and thats all that matters. They should have won today 3-1. I am truley dissapointed in argentina, i thought u guys were better then this. only 2 goals with ur players up front. There is something wrong with this

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Everyday I feel like the World Cup is getting worse. It started on the very first day and this run of bad luck is not quitting. I've seen almost everyone of the teams I might sympathize with eliminated, Italy is going out tomorrow. I just cannot believe how ridiculous this tournament really is, it has to be the worst ever.

And Argentina of course is no stranger to disappointment along with France and Italy, the 3 major contestants. How this happened I will never understand. As everyone else I was hoping they would go very far, even beyond the first round :rolleyes:

Anyway, it's not only Argentina, the whole tournament really stinks! :depress: :depress: :depress: :depress: :depress:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
This world cup will become boring with no Frnace, Argentina and Holland.

Period.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Assassin said:
This world cup will become boring with no Frnace, Argentina and Holland.

Period.
I'll second that. Without France, Argentina, Holland, and not to forget Checz. I hope Portugal to win WC.

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
Indeed it's unfortunate to see Argentina crash out, perhaps far more so than France because at least they didn't crash out in such abysmal fashion.

I honestly think the reason for many of the big teams falling is because the bar has been raised significantly and there's no longer any easy international games. But I also think the problem with teams like France, Italy, Argentina, etc. could be over-confidence and underestimating opposition, or the fact many players are suffering from fixture overload which makes a case for pruning back competitions (especially European competitions).

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I agree it sucks that the two highest rated teams are out, and two others are in danger. All those great players we now don't get to see. If I don't have a coronary before our game with Korea is over, it'll be a miracle. Forca Portugal!

If it helps guys, don't kick yourselves when you're down. Argentina is a great team, and it looks like luck was just not with you. It happens. I didn't see the whole game, (will watch it in a few minutes on tape), but the parts I did see live it looked like someone above had decided that Argentina needed to rest instead of passing to the second round. I also don't accept that the players did not play with heart. Anyone could see they were shattered by the result, Batistuta, Veron, Crespo - they all looked to be on the verge of tears.

Don't embarrass yourselves by damning Sweeden. They played solid, and got some lucky breaks. England though, holy **** are they over rated. I watched their game with Nigeria, and if the Africans had ANY finishing skill, it would have been at least 3-0. The English have had horseshoes up their ass in this tournament, (Owen diving during your game), and if there's any justice they'll get a good drubbing from Denmark or Senegal.

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
It's now over 7 hours the game is over and I still haven't managed to do ANYTHING the whole day. I have got a headache and toothace to go with that and earlier in the day (before the match), I had a bad exam in my university. Sums up my day, huh?:rollani:

This is life. This is football. Painful but true.

All I hope for now is that Brazil or England doesn't win the WC. If that happens, I may as well forget that a word named 'fair' ever existed in the English dictionary........

:rollani:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
England is overrated, but plez t least whatch the cup and pick us to win. ANd utopia the way ur feeling now is the same way we were feeling after the USA game

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Can´t imagine how Argentinaians feel today, sad and frustrated. This is life my friends, but there is a light in the end of this tunnel. This is football and it´s secondary, because life is the most precious, our health and so on. So closing this chapter is the best way to work your sadness, and rise and walk forward. Enjoy, what´s woth of enjoying, remeber the positive things not only negative...........I know it´s hard right know but soon you guys will come over this and become stronger, to fail is part of winning.

Good luck in the future the Argentinian people, not only in football but also with your economically crisis.

Maestro

1 - 20 of 53 Posts