Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow our team begins its W.C. quest. I think that the Prime Minister of the country struck absolutely the right chord in his written message to the team - when he told them not to be afraid to believe in themselves. Not to be afraid to believe in their skill and ability, because the whole country truly believes in it with them.

I'm not the religious type, but it is stirring to think of all the hopes and pride of our little country that the plane which carries our NT tomorrow will also take with it to Macau. Together these guys can do it. I believe that.

Take the game to them boys. Play with honour and passion.

FORCA PORTUGALl!!!!!

·
Registered
549 Posts
(tear)

its great to be portuguese

·
Registered
333 Posts
Any hockey fans out there? Thought you might find this interesting. This is who Slovakian Olympian and Ottawa Senator will be cheering for in June.

Seeing as how the Senators constantly underachieve, I don't know if this is a good thing.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...this my portuguese amigos is what we will have at the end of the WC....i believe that our men are going to make us proud.....i can't wait to see them holding hands at center singing together the anthem....AND THEN....the beautiful play of our team....FIGO, RUI, PAULETA, NUNO, PINTO, COUTO....AND THE REST....these guys are going to show the world that we are capable playing with anyone...france, italy, argentina, brasil, spain....we can do it boys.....show the world.....

FORCA PORTUGALFORCA PORTUGALFORCA PORTUGALFORCA PORTUGALFORCA PORTUGALFORCA PORTUGALFORCA PORTUGAL

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I will surely be in tears when I see possibly the last time the Golden Generation is assembled. This is their ultimate test, the World Cup. But they must know that they are not facing this test alone, all of Portugal and the rest of the Portuguese in the world are behind them. Hopefully their last game will end in victory and bringing back the cup to Portugal.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Figo Rules said:
Any hockey fans out there? Thought you might find this interesting. This is who Slovakian Olympian and Ottawa Senator will be cheering for in June.

Seeing as how the Senators constantly underachieve, I don't know if this is a good thing.
That's odd. Why would Hossa be wearing a Portugal shirt?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Any of you has seen the Nike comercial with Figo in it? I saw it the first time the other night and again today. He is so awesome, makes you so proud to have him as a fellow portuguese.:cool:

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I saw the Nike ads on nikefootball.com, is that what you're referring to? Or was it a commercial with just Figo?

G

·
I dont think this will be the last time we see all the golden age. I wouls still wager we will see Rui and Figo play a major part in Euro 2004.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Man I hope Portugal go all the way.... I have no one else to cheer for as Holland and Ukraine are out. I will be watching every game with passion and wearing the jersey ;)
Hey, what is the Portugeuse translation for "The National Team" ? Is it not something like "Selecao Nacional"? I would like to put it in my profile for "Teams" :)

·
Registered
988 Posts
Fee-Go it was an actual comercial on tv with Figo and a few other soccer players. I don't know the other's names. They are all playing soccer in a cage, I saw it on ESPN and Fox sports world. He didn't speak or anything but there are 2 really good shots of him. It is really cool.

Hi Chris, long time no see ;) :) yes it is Seleccao Nacional. :) It is nice to hear that you will be cheering for us.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Hi Dulce! Thanks for the confirmation. I will be here as much as possible for the tournament, so that includes the GC thread :)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Great avatar, Chris!!!:cool::)

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Thank you Dulce, you may use it if you'd like, just right click on it and select "save picture as" and save it to some place that you can remember. Than go to profile, then edit options, and scroll down to the avatar section and click the button, something like "change avatar", then scroll down to the bottom and click browse and double click the file, and you've got it. I am suggesting this because I noticed you don't have an avatar. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts