Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many people are optimistic with Israel's chances in the upcoming ROAD TO EURO 2004 QUALIFIERS, but instead of itching and whinning about who we got on our group, lets look thorougally... :) we still got most of the players from the 1998-2000 glory days, and i think that we still have a chance to prove something.

On top of the plus that Neilsen as steps down gives us the benefits of recreating the team from new and making it very creative but also challenging for our opponenents!

Look at WC 2002 and EU 2004 and there is a very big difference here in deed..........

2002 - Israel was a major contestant, it had spain who was good, Austria who was even, Bosnia who wasn't all much but were fair and competitive, and Liechienstien who didn't even deserve a place. Israel started well, played good and then sunk at the last minute (12 seconds to be exact!)

2004 - Israel IS STILL A MAJOR CONTESTANT. France is the top of the grain here. Slovenia, although they are even, have never played on Israeli soil before. Many would say there good on 2 reasons that they are in the WC and that there 26 overall in FIFA, but the WC for slovenia was just luck and having them seen as better than Israel is only on the term of paper. Austria beat Israel and yet Israel is quite better than they are and around 4 points more than they are in FIFA (Ranking: Israel (50), Austria (54) ).
As for Malta, they are hopeless. They might give some threats to us on the feild, but they are just hopeless, the most they will do in the 2 games is probably score on us once. As for Cyprus they are good and we saw what they can do to us. None the less if our players are ready mentally for this game and are not lazy, we can surely overcome them and on top with malta have a FOR SURE 4 straight games in which we can win, no questions asked!

So this september, look a little brighter to Israel! Cause we have a CHANCE :proud:

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
I really hope you don't take any of those FIFA ranks seriously, they are a joke.

How many people are exactly optimistic about our chance in the Euro qualifiers? Less than 10% of the fans.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
I just don't see why Slovenia is such a huge threat to Israel just because they are in the WC and are in a Fairly good ranking. I don't highly regard them and i think that the Euro 2004 Qualifiers will determine how we stand to them. We also must see how they will play in the WC.

As for the EURO, i am highly confident because the countrys in which we have to play aren't as bad as the WC 2002 were. As for getting in the EURO 2004 itself....i am still and always will be PESTIMISTIC. But i want to go in and put up a fight. I know that Hrevivo and fans of Hapoel T.A never liked to put up a fight and boy, look at them now :)

I think we can secure a good 2nd place if we truly managed to. We are very determined and we have the possibilities!

so lets call it luck for what we had :)

JUST WE NEED TO GET RID OF THE FRENCH! A tie and a 3-1 loss would be acceptable to us!

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
You're pesimistic? Not compared to anyone in this forum. Maybe you don't quite know what pesimistic means.

Of course we don't put up a fight, we only beat Chelsea after a 90 minute a fight, and if you just saw the 2nd leg you would've eaten your words. Actually you would've eaten you words after every match in Europe. I'm still waiting for you to tell me exactly when an Israeli team has eliminated teams in the level of the teams that Hapoel eliminated. There are none, so my suggestion for you is to shut your big mouth.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never!!!!!!!!! :tongue:

You dont like what i say i can say, even if had no point! It does have a meaning :)

As for the the Hapoel team, i congradulated them. I just don't think that as a fan of the team, that they didn't put up a fight in the end. Its like they 'automaticly' forfeit in the AC MILAN game. They didn't try and there confidence was low and that was something very bad :(

Im trying to help you here, you and your big moth too!!!! You understand that your chances next season in UEFA Cup are going to be extremely slim. I would say that buy the time you would play a team like Bestikas in which you did, you would lose, statistically speaking! :)

If my team (beitar) was in your shoes, we would put a fight to the finish! :) maybe not win, but perhaps put up a tie and a shoot out to even tell the fans...you know what? we did all for you...BRING IT TO THE PEOPLE!!!! But instead not only do they come back with nothing, the last month they acting like cocksuckers!!! :) In my opinion, the act that they perfom only would intice there relegation next year :) that would be something, wouldn't it, hippie!!! :skull:

As for the word pestimistic:

According to my English-Anglo 3rd Edition (college set);
Pestimist is: Lack of hope or confidence in the future! :)

Yo Keren Dawg, maybe for channucka i should i buy you a dictionary set? :jester: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :ass:

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
I don't know, how can I be optimistic when we don't even know who is the coach:confused: Let me see our first games under the new Manager, whoever it is, and the roster he picks up, and I'll let you know. For now I can only say that Slovenia is a much much better team then Israel but possibly the easiest or the lesser hard of all the 2nd pot teams, better then England and Holland anyway...

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
slovenia is a good team and might be better. But then again we never actually had the opprotunity to play them so i still hopefull! They don't have as much creativity as Israel does! :)

But we will put up a fight!

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
If you know the definition of pesimistic, how do you put yourself as pesimistic when you are the least pesimistic person in the forum? Additionally you claim that most of the people are optimistic, really shows that you have no clue, as most of the football fans are very pesimistic for the chances of Israel in the Euro qualifiers.

As for Hapoel, well once again you mumble your crap and think that it is true. Well let me tell you that, Hapoel did put up a fight, we almost scored a goal and went to the semis, but almost doesn't count. Just like saying if, as you keep saying that IF it was Beitar bla bla bla. So far we don't have anything shown from Beitar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts