Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how many players from Israel are playing in Europe and for which teams?

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Not many at this time, but there are currently 4:

Eyal Berkovic - Manchester City
Haim Revivo - Fenerbahce, Turkey
Idan Tal - Everton
Avi Tikva - Young Boys, Switzerland

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
There's another one in Mexico in the lower division there
but i don't remembers his name

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
:confused:

Maybe, not that i am aware of. but anyway ivmagg asked about Europe.

·
Ronny
1,698 Posts
Yeah, but still, it was an interesting piece of information on behalf of Reuven. :)

It's interesting to know how many Israelis are playing abroad actually. We have recently heard that there's an Israeli keeper that's playing in the MLS. Plus all of those jews (who have Israeli Nationality of course) who play professional soccer out there. I don't know how many of them are National material, but i'm sure that some of them could surely play for the 2 first leagues here.
There was this 18 year old jewish goalie of Velez Sarsfield, who came here with the Argentine team for the Maccabia, and he was signed by Hapoel Tel Aviv. Shmuel Lavan who played in Lierse and now plays for Beitar. There's this player who's now playing in Orbero in Sweden. I would like to know about those players more.

Can anyone give me extra information? About Extra players as well?

Shy

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Tzachi Zaneti played in the Mexican 2nd division a season and a half ago but returned to Maccabi Herzliya, and now plays in Hapoel Dimona.
There's that Israeli goalie in one of the universities that Raanan published here.
Yaniv Ben Nissan used to play in the youth team of Orgryte in Sweden but now the season there is over and he is back in his home club of Hapoel Tel Aviv.
We had Shai Birok playing in the youth of Ajax like Yossi Benayun, and we had more youth players.
There might be some unknown players playing in some other countries (like Micki Levin who played in Brazil and joined Maccabi Netanya and already was released).
Currently the top known non Israel Jewish players are Sebastian Rozental and Mickael Madar.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ronny Rosenthal

Where is Ronny Rosenthal now, If I remember correctly he played for Glasgow Rangers once, is he still there?

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
That was Sebastian Rozental, not Ronny, a Chilean player who's Jew but not Israeli. Ronny played for several Belgian sides, Liverpool, Tottenham before retiring at Watford FC.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Sebastian Rozental

In 1995 during the copa America, he was 18 and considered to be one of the best future player in the world.he was the maoin attraction with Ronaldo and Gallardo (monaco).
He was a big star there.

He was then sold from Universidad Catolica (his boyhood club) to Glasgow Rangers unfortunately he got injured on his first game with Glasgow Rangers (in which he scored a goal)

Sebastian Rozental didn't lived up to the expectation everybody had on him. After nearly 2 years out injured he came back with the rangers squad but couldn't go back to his top level.
He was then on loan to Independiente (argentina) and plays now for Colo colo.

He is defentely not the same as the one he used to be.
Sad sad sad

·
Registered
784 Posts
Mikael Madar

A french international (Sochaux,Cannes,monaco,Deportivo La Coruna,Everton,Paris SG) he plays now for Creteil (french 2nd division),he played 2 times against Israel during the EC96 preliminary rounds.

He said he is very attached to Israel,a real shame he didn't choose to play in Israel this season.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Fixed. :)

Thanks for the info Tapie, appreciated. :star: wish there were more Jewish-based players abroad, who are uncapped for their current country's NT. they could have easily got an Israeli Citizenship if they wanted to and thus eligible to play for Israel. :(

·
Registered
784 Posts
Lev Yashin

The best jewish player of all time is defenetely :Lev Yashin

The russian goalkeeper is the only goalkeeper who receive the "Ballon d'or"

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Re: Lev Yashin

tapie said:
The best jewish player of all time is defenetely :Lev Yashin