Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend we had the first round of the Israeli Premier League.

Maccabi Tel Aviv 3:2 Bnei Sakhnin

Hapoel Akko 0:1 Hapoel Haifa

Maccabi Petah Tikva 1:0 Maccabi Netanya

Hapoel Raanana 2:2 Hapoel Kfar Saba

Maccabi Haifa 0:3 Bnei Yehuda

Ironi Kiryat Shmona 1:3 Hapoel Beer Sheva

Beitar Jerusalem 0:0 Hapoel Tel Aviv

Hapoel Beer Sheva and Bnei Yehuda with great results and good displays. Really impressed by Beer Sheva they dominated Kiryat Shmona in one of the toughest pitches to play. Melikson was a good surprise and looked like the old good Melikson. Guy Haimov conceded three goals but he had a great performance and Eli Gutman must consider him as the Israeli NT starter.

Bnei Yehuda showed a lot of organization and could be a good surprise. Maccabi Haifa were really terrible. Guess this season will be long and suffering for Haifa. Maccabi with half reserve team had a tough time to penetrate in Sakhnin´s defense but still managed to win and do the job. Clearly the heads were on Basel.

·
Eli
328 Posts
Beitar Jerusalem achieved first historical win in 9 years in Sakhnin. These stupid antisemitic savages got their asses kicked hard.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Good timing.
It seems Beitar has flaws playing Sachnin. I always suspected the game was rigged as per Gadymak's wishes

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good win for Beitar indeed. It was a very symbolic victory with all the hostile Sakhnin fans with the palestinian flags.

What really got me mad was the broadcaster saying Dovev Gabay deserved the yellow card for celebrating the goal with an Israeli flag. I couldn´t really believe it....i mean the other guys come with flags of people who want to get rid of us and nothing is done while in Israel a player cannot celebrate with an Israeli flag.
Then Moti Ivanir (which IMO has good comments about the games) gives him an answer: "No problem at all, if John Pentsil could celebrate with an Israeli flag in the World Cup we could surely celebrate in our league".

This season is a very interesting one and the difference between the teams is very slim.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Were most of security guards are Arabs in Bnei Snakhin vs Maccabi Tel Aviv game yesterday in Doha. Stadium? :/
Apparently they were indeed since organization of the stewards is scheduled by the local team.

Anyways it was disgusting how they treated Maccabi players and it wasn´t the first time.

Certainly they celebrated Beer Sheva´s title more than the southerners themselves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts