Xtratime Community banner

What team do you support in Israeli football?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have for years been here, many left, many came along, but it is always interesting to get to know a bit of the ones who stay and one of the interesting issues I thought would be to see what team do you guys cheer.
Of course we already know most of them, but I noticed we have many who only read our forums and don´t post, and other who aren´t Israeli or Jewish, but likes to have a team to cheer over here.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am an Atheist Slav, and I cheer for Maccabi Tel-Aviv.:)

Anything else?:D
Well, it wasn´t need to mention in the poll if you were slav or atheist even though thanks for sharing this info:D

Maccabi Tel Aviv fan, good choice. Place your vote then on the poll please:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
MACCABI TEL AVIV ALL THE WAY..!!!

ps: also the biggest fan of Eyal Berkovic, when he played for Maccabi it was like a dream..! :happy:

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
I support Beitar, but like snowbozo, i will give my hats off to any Israeli team in Europe since an Israeli club success is an Israeli success..

I also have a soft side for Zafrinim Holon.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guess that most of us here have this profile of having a favourite team, but when any other Israeli team plays in Europe we cheer for them.

Where are all the Maccabi Haifa fans? Thought we had many around here. Yarok ole, tinoiawesome, Makkabi where are you guys?

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Wasted them all :devil:

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Let´s see, meanwhile we have Beitar leading with 4 votes and Maccabi Tel Aviv 3, we have many who haven´t voted yet, the three mentioned from Maccabi Haifa, we have others who eventually come here like crackedpleasures, hapoelta, JD, barnes and i certainly must be forgetting other members who haven´´t voted.

·
Football student
484 Posts
I somehow like Hapoel Tel Aviv. Itay Shetcher seems like promising player, hope he gets to play some better European league soon.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I'm glad Shechter has stayed at Hapoel, its really allowed him to develop as a player. I hope other young Israeli players follow his example and stay in Israel while they are young, to develop and then eventually find their way to Europe when they are ready. Shabbat Shalom.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I somehow like Hapoel Tel Aviv. Itay Shetcher seems like promising player, hope he gets to play some better European league soon.
Well you were attracted by their good flowing football game and very technical players. Shechter is a fantastic player indeed, next season certainly he will be in Europe. What is your team in Slovenia? Olijmpia?

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm glad Shechter has stayed at Hapoel, its really allowed him to develop as a player. I hope other young Israeli players follow his example and stay in Israel while they are young, to develop and then eventually find their way to Europe when they are ready. Shabbat Shalom.
I agree with you Golasa, he picked up personality and confidence in his game and leaving Israel soon doesn`t mean more success in the future and the trio considered certain starters of our NT (Aouate, Ben Haim and Benayoun all followed this path of refusing Europe early, but leaving Israel later paving the way for their success).

Shabat Shalom:)

·
Football student
484 Posts
Well you were attracted by their good flowing football game and very technical players. Shechter is a fantastic player indeed, next season certainly he will be in Europe. What is your team in Slovenia? Olijmpia?
I´m not Slovenian, I some weird way just like Slovenian NT.

I think Israeli league and Israeli football overrally its bit underrated, hope you guys make to Poland/Ukraine because your chances are very good. You have many promising young talents I think.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Cheers for da support m8 :) we hope so too :D

Best of luck to Slovenia aswell, although they're an orgenized team... so I think they'll be alright as it is:D

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I´m not Slovenian, I some weird way just like Slovenian NT.

I think Israeli league and Israeli football overrally its bit underrated, hope you guys make to Poland/Ukraine because your chances are very good. You have many promising young talents I think.
Thank you very much for the support!!:thumbsup:

Yeah we do have talents and sometimes a bit underrated, we need to improve in some crucial aspects as well. We always get so close, but exactly these details that make all difference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very hard...

...I am an oleh from Manchester, so it is really hard to get into Israeli football because the standard is so weak.

Don't get me wrong, as a whole, I am interested in Israeli football, the fortunes of Israelis abroad, as well as the national team. I just can't bring myself to watch such a low level of footy when I can stream the Premiership live to my PC or watch it at a friend's house...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts