Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The game is israel's 2nd friendly of 2004 and it will be in Ramat Gan Stadium in Israel as we speak against mighty lithuania....

As for the lineups, there not out yet...and if they are, there not offical.

What i do know is that Pini Balili is fit to play, Shlomi Arbeitman, who didn't have much of a good play in beitar is also in the squad. Shavit Elimelech is injured.... Yossi Benayoun is Injured... but Omri Afek is scheduled to play and so is Idan Tal.

Our beloved berkovic is not.... and ....yea... Thats pretty much how it is..

anyone have any more info, please don't be shy ;)

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
I'll just add that another player out with injury is Yaniv Katan.

I would also like to thank Lithuania not only for coming to play us in Israel, but also coming 3 days before the game while other teams won't come until the day before.

Oh, and that on Monday the U-21 teams will face off.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hrevivo said:
I'll just add that another player out with injury is Yaniv Katan.

I would also like to thank Lithuania not only for coming to play us in Israel, but also coming 3 days before the game while other teams won't come until the day before.

Oh, and that on Monday the U-21 teams will face off.
Thank you for adding Yoav...
Unfortunetly its sad to see Katan out....

But im worried about Shlomi Arbeitman. The man has not be in form for Beitar and although he had an amazing first cap start.. Im not sure if he will be capable of being effecient this match...

Any new names/faces?

And yes..I would also like to thank Lithuania for coming. These are tough times. Especially since now, there trying to re-ban israel from sport events. I hope the friendly will prove that the Final 4 of Euro leauge can and will take place in Israel.

:) YALLA !!
EL EL ISRAEL!

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Well, Balili and Afek are the only "foreigners" available, Balili was cleared today. No new names as far as I recall, but to be honest not many people seem interested in this match.

The result from the U-21 match:
Israel 1 (Rubil Sarsur 34) - Lithuania 0

Lithuania had a player sent off in the 25th minute and Shai Avutbul missed a penalty in the 2nd half.

·
Registered
227 Posts
hello fella israelis!

Friendlies between Lithuania and Israel are becoming a tradition!:)

Lithuania coach and players said they feel absolutely safe in your country, as the police is guarding them extremelly thoroughly:)

One of our players suddenly had an appendicitis, so he had to be operated in israel. He'll be out of the game of course(actually 3 months:D)

As for the game, same as your countries squad, we'll have most players from local clubs, with few exceptions.

I hope for a good game and close encounter, as you made a pretty scary result against Armenia team; BTW, was the Israeli squad the same for this match?

well, thats about it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
btw, does any one know if it is possible to find an online TV site to watch this match? Our TVs are not showing it:eek: :mad:

PS: looking forward to Maccabi-Zalgiris in Euroleague:strong:

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ignas said:
btw, does any one know if it is possible to find an online TV site to watch this match? Our TVs are not showing it:eek: :mad:

PS: looking forward to Maccabi-Zalgiris in Euroleague:strong:
Hello my Lithuanian Counterpart :)

Im glad you took intrest in israel and the upcoming friendly match. As of now, i dont know where u can find it live on tv. I am assuming that it will be on Channel 1 in Israel or perhaps Channel +5. Other than that, they don't usually show the games on the net....

You like euro leauge too?
Thats good. Cause there trying to ban us from basketball. Especially the Euro Basketball. What i hope is that we will have alot of people in this friendly and we can prove that it is safe :)

Anything else that the Lithuanians are saying about Israel?

The match against armenia was good. 2-0. We also beat Azerbijan 6-0 :)

We want to try and beat all the Former USSR countires one by one....

Lithuania 4-2, Armenia 2-0, Azerbijan 6-0, Russia 2-1, And soon to be Kazakstan :)

whos next in line? :skull: :skull:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Maybe you should try Latvia?:tongue:

As for Euroleague, it is sad that Pamesa refused to go to play to Israel. I dont think Zalgiris would do that.

PS: Go Jasikevicius:)

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
It's always great to see National teams who aren't afraid of playing in Israel.

Today's Newspaper featured a picture of the Lithuanian squad in the Tel Aviv beach, looks like they were having great fun. :) This is the kind of picture we should show UEFA/FIFA etc. when their discussions about Israel take place - To prove that there's normal life in Israel, they should come and see for themselves, unfortunately their 'committee' that was supposed to come over here have delayed their arrival several times already...

Anyhow as for the game I'm hoping for an attractive display by our National Team, attacking football and not a coward defensive one like Grant usually likes.

·
Registered
497 Posts
their attitude is too bad, as though we sent them instead of condolences after the madrid bombings a message that said their country's atmosphere "was not conducive to sport." Its quite sad.
but who knows we may get the votes to swing our way.
Cibona Zagreb and Alba Berlin will vote in favor, and hopefully berlusconi will convince the italian teams as well as officials.

Its the same double standard over and over.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Carpe Noctem said:
their attitude is too bad, as though we sent them instead of condolences after the madrid bombings a message that said their country's atmosphere "was not conducive to sport." Its quite sad.
but who knows we may get the votes to swing our way.
Cibona Zagreb and Alba Berlin will vote in favor, and hopefully berlusconi will convince the italian teams as well as officials.

Its the same double standard over and over.
U referring about the NT friendly or the Final 4..cause i think we need a thread for the Final 4 In Tel Aviv.

But you have a point.
Israel played in Valencia days after the Madrid boming and showed unity. Now,after the high profile assisnation, no one wants to come. I think its ridiculous, because ever since the assasination, there hasn't been any sign of violence.

Just when you thought games in spain/madrid are to be banned...they will not...and it would be HALARIOUS if the FInal 4 will be moved to Spain!....what you think bout that?

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Guys, we're getting off topic here, let's get back to the main thing.

The game will kick off at 17:50 (about one hour from now), Israel's expected lineup:
Nir Davidovich; Omri Afek, Arik Benado, Tal Ben Haim, Shimon Gershon, Yigal Antebi; Ravid Gazal, Walid Badir, Idan Tal; Pini Balili, Shlomi Arbertman

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WHERES MICHAEL ZANBERG?!?!? :fero: :fero:

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Final score: 2-1

Balili put us 1-0 up, the Lithuanians equalised thanks to a Tal Ben Haim own goal, but Walid Badir saved the day with a second half header. Ravid Gazal had a huge opportunity to make it 3-1 right before the end but his shot went too high.

Not a great game, but not a bad one either. I guess it's OK considering our lineup wasn't our strongest.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not bad...

Stupid Tel Ben Haim....
You'll never see Europe with this kinda fluke goals :mad:

Not a bad game at all, like Raanan said. The game i heard, was played out not that great considering Benyoun did not play and its a freaking friendly, alright!!!!! We're not going to dominate Litnuania 6-0. Im happy with the result.

Espeically since we also tried out 3 strikers...so that is new. Shows that Balili is useful and that it may work.. I say "MAY" work..

Can someone do me a favour?
Rate the players?
Tell me how many people were in Ramat Gan (if possible)?

·
Registered
227 Posts
first of all congrats on the victory.:) Didnt see the game, but from comments I think you fully deserved that result. I know your team didnt play full strengh, but Lithuania were also missing 9 players, so it was like a try-out for new players.:rolleyes:

well, thanks for a good match, see your next year again in a friendly probably, LOL:howler:

PS: Zalgiris should make revenge:skull:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts