Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMO, this match is much easier than the one against Ireland. Ireland is a TEAM, fast and lethal. France is on the verge of total collapse. And with Trezeguet injured I'm pretty calm.

I also can't believe our luck - BARTHEZ WILL START ! :howler:

I just can't see why a country who has great keepers like Coupet and Frey will want to start with that clown :tongue: This could be the easiest match in the group. I want to see Barthez moving aimlessly outside the box like he knows how... can't wait to see that ! :shades: Yossi will chip it right in.... :hopefull:

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Well, I am not sure what to expect from this game now, I think I'll know after Saturday. But I have to agree that Ireland looks like a tougher opponent at the moment. It doesn't mean anything though and we could easily end up losing both matches.

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Too bad we don't have France FIRST since we'll be so tired after Saturday... :(

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seriously though, France could also beat us 7-0 if they have a good day. :lazy:

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Bad news, Barthez says he'll boycott the game at Ramat Gan. Ynet claims it's because of political reasons, but from what I understand he simply has 'fears' from coming to Israel. Or maybe both who cares anyway, it's a damn shame if he doesn't play against us. :(

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Anti-semite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I knew it didn't make sense ! It's an excuse because he knows he'll be sitting on the bench !

·
Registered
784 Posts
The article is bullshit.

He simply said that he was afraid to travel there.
It has nothing to do with the occupation or whatever.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
tapie said:
The article is bullshit.

He simply said that he was afraid to travel there.
It has nothing to do with the occupation or whatever.
Yeah wouldn't surprise me. But what I do know is that during the press conference, when the Israeli reporter came close and asked for a few words in French, he simply walked away and left the room. How would you explain that?

This guy has some problems alright.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
just to keep the French tradition :rolleyes: lech ha baita !! ya ben...

I read in ONE that he doesn't understands why they need to play in Israel.
IMO, even if some deny it it is clearly political reasons

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
berko said:
just to keep the French tradition :rolleyes: lech ha baita !! ya ben...

I read in ONE that he doesn't understands why they need to play in Israel.
IMO, even if some deny it it is clearly political reasons
I'll be the first one to go out and say media, especially ours, likes to light fire over nothing. But when Barthez walked out on the journalist like that, it made it pretty obvious for me what was behind his statement. It's a shame if he doesn't come, Coupet is a much better keeper sadly.

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Indeed Barthez is scared, and i think he is also nervous about his spitting affair in Algeria, which can ban him for 6 months or more...
Coupet should play this one i guess.

Barthez is scared, Abidal is not, why making so much noise about that ?

I will be scared too, but not for the same reasons. I have still in memory those Bulgaria and Israel games of 93. :tongue:

Our two last friendly games were much better, but this is far from being brilliant.

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Barthez has nightmare from Omri Afek every night, he's afraid he'll score after 2 minutes while he is wandering around somewhere way outside the goal.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hey guys i come to israel on sunday to see the game.....barthez is a little bit simple minded sometimes.....live him alone and FORZA ISRAEL!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
BARNES said:
Hey guys i come to israel on sunday to see the game.....barthez is a little bit simple minded sometimes.....live him alone and FORZA ISRAEL!!!!!!!!!

LEAVE FRANCE!!!

BARTHEZ WILL BECOME A RADICAL SOON!!

BASSAM BARTHEZ?

1 - 20 of 148 Posts