Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
8 days from now, important home match with the Swiss. They easily beat Faroe Islands 6:0, and went on to draw with Ireland. This will be their first away match. We're coming off a draw with France and a scrappy win against Cyprus, unfortunately not most of our players are in good shape, such as Davidovich, Ben Haim, Benayoun and so on.

I'd like to see Awatt in the squad, maybe even as a starter. I know the old saying says a coach has to stick with a keeper for a long time, but Davidovich has been playing very poorly recently which is sad because he has been doing well for almost a season now, since that game in Valencia espeically.

I don't know much about the Swiss yet, maybe Dynamo-Loko could give us some information. :)

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Kappa is getting all excited :D:D:D:D

Should be a very important match indeed. Switzerland is our main competiton and i don't want to screw up any games, especially with the goal differentiate, cause in the end (A year from now) this will be a major thing for who will succeed and who will not in WC Entry.

Switzerland is good. I am scared of some of there players. Especially that one player who has like 5-6 points already for the NT. A young 20-23 year old. He is deadly and i think Grant should scout him out and see his risks before assessing how he will format his Defence accordingly.

I am hoping for a draw, but i know my boys and i will expect nothing more than a 2-0, 2-1 win for Israel in our home...our stadium, our nation, our hope...:proud:

Quick..someone give me a tissue :cry: :proud: ;)

·
Registered
258 Posts
from Swiss FA site.

GK
Coltorti Fabio -FC Thun
Roth Sébastien* -Servette FC
Zuberbühler Pascal -FC Basel

DF
Grichting Stéphane -AJ Auxerre
Haas Bernt -West Bromwich Albion
Henchoz Stéphane -Liverpool FC
Magnin Ludovic -SV Werder Bremen
Müller Patrick -RCD Mallorca
Spycher Christoph -Grasshopper-Club
Yakin Murat -FC Basel

MF/FW
Barnetta Tranquillo -Hannover 96
Cabanas Ricardo -Grasshopper-Club
Frei Alexander -Stade Rennais FC
Gygax Daniel -FC Zürich
Huggel Benjamin -FC Basel
Lonfat Johann -FC Sochaux Montbéliard
Rey Alexandre -Neuchâtel Xamax FC
Vogel Johann PSV Eindhoven
Vonlanthen Johan -PSV Eindhoven
Wicky Raphaël -Hamburger SV
Yakin Hakan -VfB Stuttgart

·
Registered
37 Posts
"Plus" for Switzerland:
Alexander Frei, our best striker now I think, missed both previous matches against Faroe Islands and Ireland; now he's back...He and our big talent Johan Vonlanthen could be a major threat for Israeli defence.

"Plus" for Israel
Our goalkeeper, Pascal Zuberbühler, FC Basel's goalkeeper... Sometimes he does some terrific mistakes, like in Swiss League recently.
Hakan Yakin, who was brilliant in Champions League with Basel two years ago, plays now in Stuttgart. But he plays very few with his club; so he won't bring very much to the NT, unlike last season.

My prediction: 1-1

BTW: Swiss press tends to underestimate Israeli NT. They say, there is one favourite, France, tow outsiders, Ireland and Switzerland, and smaller teams... :D

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Dynamo-Loko said:
"Plus" for Switzerland:
Alexander Frei, our best striker now I think, missed both previous matches against Faroe Islands and Ireland; now he's back...He and our big talent Johan Vonlanthen could be a major threat for Israeli defence.
Is Alexander Frie a young player? Did he make a point/score in all of Swiss's current games in WCQ?

BTW: Swiss press tends to underestimate Israeli NT. They say, there is one favourite, France, tow outsiders, Ireland and Switzerland, and smaller teams... :D
I guess we have to show Swiss Media that were better, but i expected that. Afterall, both France, Switzerland, Ireland been in some sort of Major European tournament for there NT in the past 5 years...so they have a strong point there!

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
amfan said:
Israel must come out of this with at least a tie. A loss will end their hopes of making the WC.
Right, but if we say that we'd be happy with a draw this doesn't exactly improve our chances because it will force us to make a good result against Ireland twice, and/or against Switzerland.

About Swiss underestimation that's good for us :D But I'm sure their players and manager took notice of the draw in France and will surely be careful about this game.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Here is an item on Ireland's improving national team. In this round of games they play twice, away at France and home against the Faroes. Depending on their result against France they could definitely be a threat to win the group:

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/040930/1/2aqh.html

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
amfan said:
Israel must come out of this with at least a tie. A loss will end their hopes of making the WC.

Not quiet...
I think a good healthy win in Nicosica, can improve our chances.

We just need like 12 points out of both Faroe Islands and Cyprus to do some damadge.But we can manage....

·
Registered
405 Posts
02AppaK said:
Not quiet...
I think a good healthy win in Nicosica, can improve our chances.

We just need like 12 points out of both Faroe Islands and Cyprus to do some damadge.But we can manage....
Even if they best up on the Faroe Islands and Cyprus, so will Switzerland and Ireland. Israel can't afford to lose any home games, except against France.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
amfan said:
Even if they best up on the Faroe Islands and Cyprus, so will Switzerland and Ireland. Israel can't afford to lose any home games, except against France.

Cyprus is a team that you can either lose to in there home or tie...and i think Ireland can tie them, but israel can win them..

Cyprus is like Israel...but in a smaller sense!

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Dynamo-Loko said:
02AppaK, you were probably thinking of Johan Vonlanthen. He scored three goals against Faroe Islands.

Very dangerous man!!!!! :crybaby:

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Dudu Awat is now in the NT squad as the second keeper after Nir Davidovic (I think, Awat should be number 1). Awat was informed by Grant via telephone.

Awat: Now, I have to prove myself. We have a game on evening...I have to concentrate a lot and of course I am satisfied. I worked hard to prove myself.

The squad:

Nir Davidovic, Dudu Awat, Liran Strauber, Shimon Gershon, Klimi Saban, Tal Ben-Haim, Arik Benado, Avi Strul, Ori Uzan, Adoram Keisi, Roni Gavni, Omri Afek, Ravid Gazal, Walid Badir, Abas Suan, Idan Tal, Yossi Shivchon, Avi Nimni, Yossi Benayoun, Yaniv Katan, Pini Balili and Omer Golan...

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haimrevivo1 said:
The squad:

Nir Davidovic, Dudu Awat, Liran Strauber, Shimon Gershon, Klimi Saban, Tal Ben-Haim, Arik Benado, Avi Strul, Ori Uzan, Adoram Keisi, Roni Gavni, Omri Afek, Ravid Gazal, Walid Badir, Abas Suan, Idan Tal, Yossi Shivchon, Avi Nimni, Yossi Benayoun, Yaniv Katan, Pini Balili and Omer Golan...
Why do we need 3 keepers? Can't he drop Strauber, maybe he feels it would be unfair as both he and Davidovich were terrible recently. But Davidovich is overall better.

Let's hope for the best, right now I am not optimistic about the game. A draw is the best result we could get I think.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Hmm. I would question myself:

Why Uzan?? Why Strauber??

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Haimrevivo1 said:
Hmm. I would question myself:

Why Uzan?? Why Strauber??

The list is quite fresh and is in the working process...in about 4 days, we will know exactly who is going to come and participate and who will not!

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Michael Zandberg joins the squad for the Switzerland game

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Haimrevivo1 said:
Michael Zandberg joins the squad for the Switzerland game
The guy scores a goal and he gets into the NT!! What good does he do? Most of the time he is a benchwarmer! :wallbang:

1 - 20 of 155 Posts