Xtratime Community banner

Which offensive midfielders should play for Israel in the next campaign?

• Idan Vered (Beitar Jerusalem)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liroy Zahiri (Bnei Yehuda)

• Maor Melikson (Hapoel Beer Sheva)

• David Revivo (Hapoel Beer Sheva)

• Gil Blumstein (Hapoel Beer Sheva)

• Shalev Menashe (Maccabi Netanya)

• Hen Ezra (Maccabi Netanya)

• Dor Malul (Maccabi Tel Aviv)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe it is still early since we aren`t participating in the World Cup, no firendlies scheduled until late Ferbuary and the Euro qualifying draw will only be held in three months time.

But here in xtratime, differently from Luzon and IFA we are trying to figure a solution for our senior NT, the new coach and the best picks up

We are having a good generation coming up and i am curious to know what do you guys think which players Israel`s next coach should pick.

I will be starting with keepers.

Pick two keepers you guys think should be called up in the next friendlies and in the next campaign.

Pick 5 offensive midfielders.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
My five offensive midfielders, are Natcho, Benayoun, Assulin, Bruchyan, and Golasa.
Natcho really isn't an offensive midfielder as he is a central midfielder, Vermut would probably be a better option, but Natcho has to play centrally paired up with another midfielder. It is hard to say who will be in good form then, maybe a new player will come through or maybe Golasa won't progress...

Keepers, Aouate, and Levite

I give Levite the edge because he plays in a better league.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the toughest pick of them all. We have many options in this position.

My picks were: Benayoun, Natcho, Baruchyan, Buzaglo and Vermut.

I agree, Natcho is a central midfielder, but i wouldn`t place him as defensive midfielder, so i placed as an offensive one.

Vermut and Buzaglo the more offensive and dribbling style, Barychyan and Natcho more thinking and good passing, with Benayoun being the mid term.

But other players like Golasa, Refaelov and Asulin are more than welcome in the squad.

David Revivo had a very good season last year and if he manages to keep the same form he could pave a way in the team.

If Omri Afek manages to return to his good form he could be an option because he could play in many position and without making substitutions.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Assulin, Buzaglo, Benayoun, Vermut and Natcho

Vermut and Natcho were the wild cards in this pick....

Im keen on seeing Benayoun with Asulin and Buzaglo.
I think Buzaglo got of the injury and is time to see what he has to offer for the NT.
Meanwhile, Asuilin is young and promising. Being linked to numerous clubs in Europe, including Arsenal..i think he has a chance to show off his skill...

Benayoun is still in his prime and has the honor to wear the Captain badge and also knock in a few creative goals while he's at it.

Some considerations I would give would be:
Rafelov, Golasa, Vered and Bruchayan...... under 25 and very good players...still have alot to prove...

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Assulin, Buzaglo, Benayoun, Vermut and Natcho

Vermut and Natcho were the wild cards in this pick....

Im keen on seeing Benayoun with Asulin and Buzaglo.
I think Buzaglo got of the injury and is time to see what he has to offer for the NT.
Meanwhile, Asuilin is young and promising. Being linked to numerous clubs in Europe, including Arsenal..i think he has a chance to show off his skill...

Benayoun is still in his prime and has the honor to wear the Captain badge and also knock in a few creative goals while he's at it.

Some considerations I would give would be:
Rafelov, Golasa, Vered and Bruchayan...... under 25 and very good players...still have alot to prove...
This position is the toughest one. We have plenty of options. It was difficult to pick.

I chose Vermut and Natcho in my team because both of them are playing superbly at Hapoel this season. They surely deserve to be in the NT.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Benayoun, Baruchyan, Buzaglo and Vermut are the obvious picks as far as I am concerned. I can see people choosing almost anyone as #5, but I went with Assulin to get him NT-locked and also because he's the most talented - though least experienced - of the bunch.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am surprised Katan got just one selection and Assulin is second behind Benayoun. Even though I voted for him, I didn't think he was such a clear choice, not even close. Too young right now. People shouldn't think hype = present ability.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Katan has always been crap with NT, he only plays good with Maccabi Haifa which is why only one person chose him.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Katan has always been lousy for the NT......he just doesnt give his best

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Katan was in very good form last season and all the press pressured Kashtan to call the Haifa captain.

Maybe for the way he was playing he deserved it, but like you guys said he hasn`t really impressed with the NT.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
The only smart thing that Kashtan ever did was not call Katan. Cant stand that monkey.... I miss when our team was filled with Golden Beitar boys :)

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Yes, Dror did his best to ruin the NT.

We have plenty of competition for the offensive midfielder spots, however I don't believe Assulin and Golasa are quite ready for the NT, give them another 2-3 years to develop. Who knows if Buzaglo will be the same player after his injury. Perhaps we will have another player emerge that is older, after all some players develop more quickly than others.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, Dror did his best to ruin the NT.

We have plenty of competition for the offensive midfielder spots, however I don't believe Assulin and Golasa are quite ready for the NT, give them another 2-3 years to develop. Who knows if Buzaglo will be the same player after his injury. Perhaps we will have another player emerge that is older, after all some players develop more quickly than others.
I am pretty much sure Golasa will be a starter for our NT in a few years, he has a lot of talent. But i agree with you, he and Asulin still haven`t produced the expected, but they are very young and they need to have some time to develop.

Sahar and Buzaglo IMO already showed that even in young age they could handle pressure more easily and they are ready to take the ranks of the senior squad.
If Buzaglo returns from his injury the same way he should be in the squad.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts