Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally the result we were waiting for in Europe, Dortmund- Milan 0-4. Must be a record. When will our managment realize that we need to do something? We hardly beat this israeli team and we beat up relegation fighting Roda on penalties, i though for some time that we had a chance now when we were in the Semi but the truth hurts. Humiliation 0-4 against Dortmund, a team which we normally should beat i think.

The league has been crap too, not only this year nah let's say the latest 5-6 years. Except for the lucky scudetto in 99 we haven't done anything remarkable at all since the Capello era. We failed in the CL the year after Zac was made King of Milano and now we fail in the Uefa cup too. We should have lost against Roda instead, then we would have realized that Milan isn't what it used to be anymore. All my expectations weren't met last night, now we have to start thinking of the next season, will we grab a 4th place?Seriously i don't think we will, when a team like Bologna are ahead of us in the league i'm really not sure what to think anymore.

Now have we had any good coach since Capello?NO.

We we won anything since The mid 90's except the scudetto with Zac? NO.

How we signed many good players lately?, do we have a complete team? NO.

Well we signed to great players this last year ( Pippo, Rui) but both have been unlucky. But i have seen so many good players slip away and get signed by other teams when i thought they were just perfect for us, Berlusconi has been to busy with his politics and he gave a s*it about his club, Galliani has ruined the club more then he has helped, Sacking Terim after 3 losses and pretending that the team didn't need any reinforces when we were in a major crisis.

Shevshenko was another good signing some year ago but except that we DON'T have much to come with. Our defence is terrible, just like our attack which has been too dependent on Sheva. Our midfield isn't that good either but we have a few good players though, and unfortunately these players have had problems with injuries this season.

Now i really hope Berlusconi JR can open his wallet and do something, when he was made president i heard both Galliani and braida would go and Baresi would get one of the jobs. I hope it will come true, but in the other hand i wouldn't mind Baresi taking over Ancelotti who is an useless coach IMO. Baresi was a leader and he loved MILAN, he would be able to motivate the players to perform better, Although he would need something to work with, let's say 10 new players? Good players this time. They use to blame milan for signing too many good players in the mid 90's, we had Laudrup, Vieira, Davids, Kluivert, Duggary, Davids, Elber and Reiziger which we all let get away very cheap. Now when our team is crap, let's sign some good players again for god's sake. I hate to see a big club like this just because of it's poor managment.

Forza Milan!

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
I know it's not really related to the topic, but just wanted to congratulate you on your comeback after 4 months of absence....

:)

·
Registered
579 Posts
No, no Baresi, no to anyone who has had previous ties with Milan. We need someone with strong coaching experience and a proven track record. Someone who has taken a team which was not performing well, had perhaps an attitude problem in the locker room, etc. to become a winner. Someone like a Cuper.

Or, we need someone with the guts and the mandate from the AC Milan board to rip the squad apart and built in from scratch. But for this as well, you will need a coach who earns respect wherever he goes and who will have TIME to cultivate the squad in the say he sees fit. The guy should get 2-3 season to turn the club around and start winning. There should also be an emphasis on playing attractive football: a blend of the Spanish offensive flare and the Italian defensive discipline.

The Milan team needs to be built to compete against the European football of 2-3 years from now. That world will look a lot like I said as teams like Real and Barca and Man United keep their more inventive players but start adding to their defenses. The team will operate almost as two separate teams with a few versatile players (probably wingers and wing-backs) who can move forward and join the attack but who are nonetheless sound defender. Example, a team like Valencia.

I say bring in Trap after the WC!

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rosso said:
I say bring in Trap after the WC!
No i don't want him. It's always the same few coaches going from team to team in Italy. Zoff, Lippi, Zac, Capello, Trap, Ancelotti etc.
as soon as someone get the boot from one clubs he signed for the next and it continues that way. We better bring on someone completely new from abroad like Inter did, sometimes a foreign coach is better.

·
Registered
579 Posts
It true firing Terim after a handful of games was a big mistake by Milan's management but who, honestly, knew how badly things would have gone after he left. Ancelotti came in and almost single-handedly demoralized some of the most creative and talented players Milan has had in years: Contra, Serginho, Laursen (who's honestly not as bad as he seemed against Dortmund on Thursday), etc.

We have the players for an entirely different type of football. Ancelotti's inflexibility as a coach and Galliani bull-headed reluctance to bring in players during the mid-season sealed the deal.

While I agree that for any material improvement to be made at Milan, both Galliani and Ancelotti must go, it is much easy to dispose of the coach. Plus, Galliani seems to be in rather good graces with the Berlusconis, unfortunately.

Nick, I agree that there is a revolving door of coaches in Seria A, and we'll see it in motion during the summer again. Zac is sure of leave Lazio, Lippi's place is not certain at Juve, and (if all goes well) Ancelotti will leave.

It is best to bring in someone completely new, with a fresh approach to football, and perhaps you can't find that with an Italian coach. But we face the reality that Italian football has an arrogance which underscores the rarity of foreign coaches at big Seria A clubs. Cuper and Terim are recent exceptions, and we saw how short a leash Terim was given. I'd love to see a fellow like Carlos Bianchi or Irureta from Deportivo come in during the summer -- but that's wishful thinking. There are literally tons of great coaches around, but Milan's board must have the courage to sign one of them and give them time to develop a team. Terim never had that chance.

But we've got to stop looking back on the Terim fiasco. Milan have bigger fish to string up now. ;)

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Nasty is back :eek:

Anways we need a revolution, sack the BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Sell the club to someone who gives a ****, notice that other presidents are involved in their clubs, unlike berlu.

Get a coach that has no ties to milan's past, get someone who has not coached a big seria a team.

Lav

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Getting rid of the senatori and begging forgiveness from Terim?

I really don't see too many other quality coaches on market without a job atm...

The only other options are maybe a quality NT coach like Sven Goran Erikssen or Argentina's Biesla should they become available after the World Cup.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Carlos Bianchi is still available, if I am not mistaken, and he might be someone to consider. He transformed Boca Juniors into a winning team and with them set South America on fire. He would be able to instill confidence in the players, adapt his tactics as necessary, and have the squad play attacking and efficient football.

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
Get Irurerta.

The fact that he is willing to talk to Barca says it all.

He wants to change clubs.

He'd revolutionize Milan big time.

The best coach in Spain, and better than any in Italy or England.

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
alibengazi said:
Guys, don't forget. Terim has a contract with Milan till June 2003. He get's every month money from Kojak(Galliani).
WHAT!!! :confused: :confused:
You either have made that up or Milan definitely has the worst managemenet of the entire universe ... even Texas Rangers and Morati will have to bow in front of Galliani ... if you know what I mean ... this is redicculous if it is true ... so, probably we can pay to 4 de
ifferent managers just in case we need them in the future ... :eek: :dazed:

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Thats great, so lets kick Ancelotti and get Terim back on the bench if he still got a contract :D :tongue: ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's true. It's not a fake. If Terim will not manage a team till 30.06.2003 he get's money from Milano. Month by month. It's hard isn't it??? And Gialliani wonders how bad the economic position of Milan is :D

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The same thing with Parma after kicking Passarella.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
ARE WE SERIOUS?

Iruieta is available? GET HIM ASAP!!!! FORGET WHO ELSE I MAY HAVE MENTIONED, IRUIETA IS DAH MAN!!!

I rate him as the equal if not superior of Cuper, and certainly more entertaining. He must be one of the best coaches in the world right now.

Like Inter, our next most important transfer will be in the management.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts